Is AGD1 hot?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

#51 Post by johnb4467 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:08 am

Lol, if you wanna see something hot, go to the Himilaya page, find your way to their e3 pics (I think it might be on another linked site), and take a look at AGD1 (three-in-a-row on a sofa) with her SLICK looking mac laptop. ;)  Now THAT'S a site for sore eyes!   :D
Lol, kidding AGD1, you still steal the show.
Well kinda.
Please don't hit me.
Aw heck who am I kidding, just hit me and get it over.  :(

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#52 Post by El_Listo » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:30 pm

Do you think im hot?

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#53 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:32 pm

DING DING DING DING
El Mariachi says:

No.

DING DING DING DING

Jafar
Super Star

#54 Post by Jafar » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:31 pm

johnb4467 wrote: Please don't hit me.
If you insist... :D
*KA-POW!*

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#55 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:13 pm

This thread has offcially humped the Shark.  That's right.  HUMPED the Shark.

Bt

Da_elf
Knight Status

#56 Post by Da_elf » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:06 pm

well. i dont know about shark humping but AGD1 must be blushing to the tips of her hair to see a thread dedicated to her beauty is still running

Broomie
The Enigma

#57 Post by Broomie » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:45 pm

well. i dont know about shark humping but AGD1 must be blushing to the tips of her hair to see a thread dedicated to her beauty is still running
Heh, I won most sexiest Tierra Forum Member. It didn't bother me though, but I was sad that I came third in the sexiest IA Members. Damn your sexiness Rambaldi!

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#58 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:45 pm

AGDI girl at work. :rollin Yes she is right. She really looks like Angela Jolie.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#59 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:35 pm

I am officially freaked out.  I have soiled my pants, and my left thumb won't come out of my mouth.  I think I swallowed not only my gum, but the package it came in.  Make it go away.....

Bt

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

sharks

#60 Post by johnb4467 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:26 am

Jafar wrote:
johnb4467 wrote: Please don't hit me.
If you insist... :D
*KA-POW!*
Lol we'll leave the shark stuff to Led Zeppelin mythology.  :eek  :o

And hey -- I meant for AGD1 to just 'get it over with' and hit me -- not everyone else!  :eek  

I'm going to go in the corner and cry now.  :cry

;)

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#61 Post by Alias » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:12 pm

Thats not angelina.  :|

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#62 Post by Milan Easton » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:16 pm

John, that IS a slick looking laptop, huh? It was my graduation present that I have yet to use it, as I have donated it to AGD2 until he goes back to his homeland!  I am excited to try it out though :D

And Fribbi!  My oh my, who would have known I looked so much like Angelina Jolie?  Someone like the paparrazi must have taken that picture without my knowledge, as the similarities are striking--I think if I had seen the picture before, I would have noticed them...

And John, you seem to know your dog breeds!  I am a HUGE fan of dogs.  If you ever want to talk dogs--let me know. I have a Rainman like database in my mind of breeds...it would be nice to put it to some use ;)

Anonymous Game Developer #1

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#63 Post by Milan Easton » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:57 am

Hey John,

I was wondering, did you know that Ken and Roberta Williams actually own a Norweigan Lundehund??  They're the first people I've ever known of to own one...and was wondering if you brought up the breed by mere coincidence, or if you knew this!

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

Norweigan Lundehund --

#64 Post by johnb4467 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:35 am

Oh my, no that was completely by coincidence! After reading about the breed a while back, I just continue to find their unique qualities [not to mention their history] so fascinating that they found their way into this thread as part of my "Tyler Durden-like" rant. ;)

Outside of Norway they are currently quite rare, as you have to obtain some kind of license to have them imported -- or so I've read. There are a few autorized breeders in the US, but not many.

I have to credit my mom back home for first reading up on them, though -- she's obsessed with "all things Norwegian", especially Viking related (she's really quite a funny old lady!)...and when she found out about them she very enthusiastically had me read up on them.

All of my favorite dog breeds tend to be the bigger ones -- German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers, Akidas, etc...but reading up on Lundehunds got a raised eyebrow even from me.  :p  Then when my little old mother felt that I still was leaning toward a bigger dog, she then tried to appeal to my Viking heritage by exclaiming, "Are you a German or a VIKING!?" :rollin
[She did this completely in jest, my German friends out there!]

Of course none of the above currently matters, as sadly all through my college years I've lived in apartment complexes that do not allow "big" dogs, lol (who still hold my heart as my favorite breeds).  :cry

SO...to give this rant a gaming-related point...considering that Ken and Roberta Williams have thought up so much original stuff over the years [much to our delight!], I find it no surprise they they are one of the few in the US to have discovered a Lundehund...though I'm still quite tickled to find out about it ;)

Hehe, now shall we continue our odd-ball dog breed discussion here in this thread (I have no doubt that you all are scratching your heads at WHY your are reading all this, lol!), or is an "Offical Milan Easton [Big] Doggie Thread" in order? ;) ;)

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

Re: Norweigan Lundehund --

#65 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:38 pm

johnb4467 wrote:All of my favorite dog breeds tend to be the bigger ones -- German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers, Akidas, etc...
Hmmm... sounds familiar. ;)
johnb4467 wrote:Of course none of the above currently matters, as sadly all through my college years I've lived in apartment complexes that do not allow "big" dogs, lol (who still hold my heart as my favorite breeds).  :cry
Heh.... also sounds familiar. :D

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

#66 Post by johnb4467 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:43 pm

lol, Navynuke: my friend in misery!  ;)

I mean  :cry

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#67 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:35 pm

Oh... not me... I had a weenie dog until recently  :cry

I was talking about a friend.... :)

Alliance
Knight Status

#68 Post by Alliance » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:25 pm

Weener dogs are probably the best dogs around. To me, anyway. They're awesome. Sorry to hear about that, Navy.
Last edited by Alliance on Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#69 Post by Milan Easton » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:10 am

John--whoa, what a coincidence that you and your mom became interested in the very dog choice of Ken and Roberta Williams! That is SO ironic and cool.

I'm a big (ok, giant) dog lover as well--always have been.  I used to own a Brazilian Mastiff (Fila Brasileiro), and now, here's my current canine companion...sitting on my anonymous friend, hehe:

He's about 5 months in that picture.  He's strangely about the size as all the full grown Great Danes at the dog park, yet still has about a year to grow!!

That's so cool that your mom is into dogs.  I always wished that I had a family member equally as obsessed with random topics like that :)

And I know how the issue goes with big dogs being a no no in apartments.  If you see the boxes in the background of the picture above--that's the result of trying to keep a dog (the size of a cow) top-secret in a less than dog friendly complex.  Moving day has arrived!

So, what other breeds do you like??

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#70 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:25 am

So, AGD1, are you going to be getting that Nintendogs game for DS? Heh you probably prefer the realy thing I suppose, though :). My finace loves dogs, too. I always used to love cats when I was a kid, but they're both the same now. Althought she doesn't like cats so we keep having arguments about what kind of pet we're going to have lol.

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#71 Post by El_Listo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:04 am

Nintendo should stop developing CRAP like nintendogs and get going on some worthwile projects.

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

The now Official [big] Dog Thread...

#72 Post by johnb4467 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:44 am

"...sitting on my anonymous friend...."
Lol, whether people here say you're hot or not, you're definitely a DORK!  ;)

Dang, you're going to hit me again, aren't you?  :o

Heheheh, was it a Brazilian Mastiff that was the dog in the old disney movie "The Fox and the Hound"? Yeah, apparently I'm a dork too, lol!

So yeah, I love dogs. Animals in general actually...but dogs especially. If someone in the neighborhood found an animal in need, they'd bring it to the Blalock household. Hummingbirds crash landed, little birds who were sick...they all got the royal treatment. :) I'd say I grew up on a farm if it wren't for a couple reasons: 1) there wasn't any crops, and 2) they all were 'pets' -- our animals weren't for a livelihood -- they were family! :) We had everything but pigs and cows -- horses to chickens in the barnyard, dogs to rats (wonderful pets, I swear --every bit as charming as Fenris!!) in the household...and even a salamander named Sally (as in Sally the Salamander ;)).

In my early undergrad coollege years I volunteered at a veterinary hospital for a while to see if it might be the career path for me. Despite my loving it, at the time I didn't think I could handle that much schooling...yet here I am years later about to finish grad school, lol -- DOH!

Anyway, back to dogs! Well my absolute favorite breeds are German Shepherds and Dobermans Pinschers, since the ones we had were so wonderful. Oh yeah, I got pics too. ;)

Hands down our best dog, Sheena...a plump but dearly loved Dobie. She was truly part of the family. I can't tell you how many times I woke up at night to find her face about 2 inches from my own, scaring the poop out of me! (she partrolled the house at night checking on everyone :)). Of course, as the picture indicates, she loved to jump in bed too, lol. I still remember waking up with her taking up 9/10ths of the bed, me trying to force her off the bed with my feet: "SHEENA -- you're taking up the whole bed, fatso!"

Lucky was my dog for a looong time. I got her from the pound...2 days before she was to be put to sleep -- hence the name Lucky. Full size in the pic, she was some type of beautiful Shepherd mix. I always loved her "built-in" Cleopatra eye makeup. ;)

And just because I love the pic, here's me waaaaay back with our old dog Red:

I also really like Akidas, as the have a lot of the beautiful qualities of Shepherds, have that awesome curly tail, and tend to bark very seldom.
I think greyhounds are extremely sleek and beautiful animals -- I just love the build of their rib cages [which of course your Great Dane shares as well] & their ears.

Lol you're crazy -- trying to keep a dog big enough to practically sit at the dinner table in an apartment complex?!?! Boxes or no, wouldn't barking give your little game away? And yes, you can tell he's a youngin' ... though already the size of Frankenstein!  :p

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

NavyNuke...

#73 Post by johnb4467 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:43 am

What happened to your weenie dog, Navynuke?  :cry

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#74 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:49 am

navynuke04 wrote:I just found out my dog (Jake the Snake) has Parvo. I'm not sure if any of you know what that is or not. It's a disease that dogs can get. They usually contract it when they are puppies (6 to 9 months old, I believe). It is a very serious disease, and is often fatal. I caught it early, and Jake is older than the typical puppy that gets it. He's almost a year and a half now. Still, seeing him pass red blood and rotten flesh is definately not a good sign. The vet said that his age, the fact that he was still standing and moving around, and that his temperature was normal are all good signs. I'm having to drop a pretty penny to get him some 24 hour vet care for the next couple of days. Keep Jake in your thoughts and (if you pray) prayers.

Thanks.
navynuke04 wrote:I regret to inform you that Jake succumbed to his illness. I received a call from the vet this morning. Jake passed away last night. A truely sad event. He will be missed.
The original thread can be viewed here

RIP Jakie.

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

ah

#75 Post by johnb4467 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:15 am

Ah, yes that is very sad...especially since it was a pretty sudden thing. When I was young our dobie went from being perfectly healthy during the day to not being able to breathe while laying down that night. The vet said she had a heart problem, and she died a couple days later. Always rough when you lose a loved pet...but even tougher when it's a pretty sudden thing.

Well we all love you, Navy!  :D