Future projects?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

tremane
Peasant Status

Future projects?

#1 Post by tremane » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:27 pm

1)Does AGD has any projects planned for the future? If yes - what are they? (not that I don't like QfG2 - I'm just interested)

2)Did you guys ever thought of making Quest for Glory V remake? I know that the oryginal game is in 3d and all but I'd really like to see it in the "true" quest for glory graphics. I't just does,t feel the same as the earlier versions ... . Many characters animations could be used from earlier games. For example:

Toro could be the minotaur from QfG1 (well he IS the that minotaur :) )

Elsa - Brodgiand (sorry don't know how to spell it) leader with changed colours

Centaur regent - centaur from QfG1

Assasin - Bruno with changed colour and a hood

and so on and so on. There are pretty many characters from ealier games in QfG V so I guess that wouldn't be too hard (that part at least).

Well anyway .., keep up the good work guys, all your games up till now were great and I'm sure that the next ones will be the same

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Hmmmmmm

#2 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:58 pm

Well I believe they don't know yet. And if they did, it would be a bi secret until they are actually done with QFGIIVGA, personally I think the next project should be KQ4. But AGD has no further plans or ideas right now. Try asking in the future one QFG is finished.;)

As for QFG5, Not sure about that? But your ideas are great!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:29 pm

AGDI only does remakes of EGA games. Because QFG5 is not EGA, we won't be doing it. We do have another project in the works. Check out http://www.himalayastudios.com for details.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:42 pm

The topic of a QFGV remake in the "Classic Sierra Style" has come up a couple of times.

Reprogramming an ENTIRE game in AGS IS difficult, regardless of the graphics you make.  It (remaking QFGV-VGA) would be a project of complete whimsy, but in my opinion, not a bad idea, really.  Problem is, not enough people have enough free time to dedicate to it.   Remaking games is easier said than done!

Until then, here's dreaming!

Bt

techie775
Knight Status

#5 Post by techie775 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:49 pm

wow that's a pretty good pic, I had to look twice.  I wasn't crazy about the changes they did for quest for glory 5, but I think still an okay game. Some of the Cole's humor remains, and the story pretty developed.  Would I like to see it remade, yes , but it could be as bad as Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude, a game that is nowhere like the rest of the series.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#6 Post by Klytos » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:33 pm

MCM is an alright game. It's not an adventure game, but it's still a good laugh.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Blackthorne's Pic

#7 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:38 am

Nice work, Bt.  Could this be IA's eventual third project?  Don't forget to add the Glide spell and Wizard's Whirl! :lol

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#8 Post by Klytos » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:59 am

Nope, our third project is actually a remake of the classic Atari game, "Aquatak".