Welcome to the team...Angelus and Vamp

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Welcome to the team...Angelus and Vamp

#1 Post by Erpy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:10 am

The issue of moderation has popped up here on the board several times lately and we've been looking into the possibility of getting help with moderating. I'm happy to announce that both Angelus and Vamp have been willing to assist us with moderating. I'm sure the both of you will do a great job. Good luck and remember to log out before letting the kid near the computer. ;)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#2 Post by Gronagor » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:13 am

Congrats A&V. :)

Does the kid have an account/user here yet?

LucasFan
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by LucasFan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:57 am

I'll miss Broomie. He'll always be the moderator of our hearts.

JWar
Knight Status

Wasn't Broomie up for this job?

#4 Post by JWar » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:03 am

Is there a reason why Broomie, a long time fan with more web experience and expertise(sp?) than Vamp and Angelus, was passed over?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#5 Post by Gronagor » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:05 am

Probably because he's part of the competition: IA.

Broomie
The Enigma

Re: Welcome to the team...Angelus and Vamp

#6 Post by Broomie » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:22 am

Yep that's the reason.
Last edited by Broomie on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#7 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:58 am

It was a hard to decision to make, but in the end we decided that Vamp and Angelus would be the better choice due to avoiding any possible conflicts of interest. Broomie was contacted and this explained to before the decision was made public. Enough said.

Welcome to the team, Vamp and Angelus!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#8 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:25 pm

Bromios wrote:Because people who have been willing since the times of Ezboard and Tierra aren't included.
Deb and I were here in the Tierra/Ezboard times.
JWar wrote:Is there a reason why Broomie, a long time fan with more web experience and expertise(sp?) than Vamp and Angelus, was passed over?
Not that it matters but Deb joined only something like 3 weeks after Broomie and myself 1 week after Deb.

I also have A Level qualifications in Advanced IT so I'm sure I'm familar enough with the internet and computers ;) Its not who is better that counts I'm sure Broomie and myself know exactly what we are doing we can both set up forums and websites etc which has nothing to do with being a moderator.

Also just because we haven't made an awesome Tierra fansite doesnt mean we aren't as big fans of AGDI as Broomie is.

At the end of the day, we didnt know we were "up against" Broomie and would never want to hurt him, like Navynuke said this has all been discussed and Broomie is still great friends with Deb and I.

This should be a happy occasion so lets celebrate!

And once again thanks everyone!

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#9 Post by Vildern » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:36 pm

Congratulations, guys! A fine decision indeed, Erpy, Navynuke, AGDs, etc... ;)

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#10 Post by VampD3 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:39 pm

Thanks guys!!

Like Angelus said, I do feel sorry about Broomie.

I don't agree that Broomie should have been a mod based just upon how long he has been around or how big a fan he is though, more because of his dedication and free time and how good he is at correcting mistakes etc. Like Angelus said we too have been around the same time and are big fans etc we just haven't shown it out in the open. I mean when Angelus found out he was so happy! he said it had always been his dream! He just hadn't shown it before.

But I love Broomie to bits and we are all still friends!! I hope you still post Broomie as its your actions etc towards this that count.

Broomie
The Enigma

#11 Post by Broomie » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:58 pm

Angelus3K wrote:
Bromios wrote:Because people who have been willing since the times of Ezboard and Tierra aren't included.
Deb and I were here in the Tierra/Ezboard times.
I meant I've been waiting for this since then. I'm not knocking you at all, you'll make great mods.

I'll still be around, yet not as much. Thank you Vamp though, that was really kind. I haven't lost any respect for you two at all.

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#12 Post by VampD3 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:08 pm

Thanks Broomie, its not you that we are getting at its others that say things like "he's got more Expertise" etc etc, not getting at you at all but Angelus has studied PC's etc for a very long time, I mean he's 23 now and has been studing etc since he was 10 or something. He's never off them creating forums, websites, configuring and building PC's, making games (only fun ones) and alot of other things. BUT none of that matters! Its a MOD position not a forum making one or a game making one.

He's absolutly brilliant in this area(I should know he's never off the damn thing  ;) ) fiddling on and playing around trying out new things and learning things. Your great aswell Broomie and I'm not getting at you at all, its just the whole thing and some peoples responses. A mature person would except the situation, learn from it, try and be happy and try hard for other things, its growing up and taking knock backs that make you the person you become.

I like you so much Broomie and none of this is aimed at you what so ever as you are such a big fan and you are great with PC's and forums and you are a very mature person and I respect you so much! I just hope you don't do anything to lower my feelings for you Brooms and that you are happy for us.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#13 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:13 pm

I understand that Broomie, I just think moderation is something you get given, you dont ask for it.

Then again "Shy bairns get nowt" (If you dont ask then you dont get).

I have wanted to be a mod here since I first fell in love with Tierra too and in a way I really have been waiting aswell. No wonder Navynuke got a shock when we discussed mod positions that I was so excited because I've never showed any interest in it because I've wanted to earn it by being noticed.

I realise you have done alot of stuff for AGDI over the years and because of that you do deserve to be a mod its just other circumstances have prevented that which is a shame.

But the bottom line is though, as much as I have wanted to be a mod if you or anyone else like Vildern had gotten the position over me then I would have been a 100% fine about it and been really happy for them without bashing AGDI and leaving etc.

I know you've been through alot over this but I hope our friendship still remains as strong as it was 2 years ago when it started.

Broomie
The Enigma

#14 Post by Broomie » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:32 pm

I'm not mad about being rejected as a moderator, otherwise I wouldn't have made alot of fuss. There's more to it than that. Anyway, the last thing I want is this thread to become a fight, I don't want that at all. Let's just use this thread as it should be used, to congratulate both Vamp and Angelus.

Katherine Breanna Martin
Peasant Status

#15 Post by Katherine Breanna Martin » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:45 pm

Gronagor wrote:Congrats A&V. :)

Does the kid have an account/user here yet?
Yep I do!!  ;)

I joined the day I was born!

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#16 Post by Alias » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:50 pm

Congrats A&V (Alien vs. Predator.)  :p

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#17 Post by Swift » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:37 pm

Congrats, guys.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#18 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:40 pm

Thanks everyone, it means alot!

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#19 Post by Milan Easton » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Congratulations Vamp and Angelus!!  I have faith that you two are going to do a wonderful job :)

Broomie--I've always loved you as well and have really appreciated your optimism on the forums!  I felt your fansite was a really kind gesture, and have always thought positively of you and spoken the same.  Whenever you emailed me, no matter how busy, I tried to come through and make your ideas reality.  I understand that you are disappointed with our decision, although it had nothing to do with you as a person, or your lack of abilities--but simply a conflict of interest.  I don't expect you to understand that now, while tensions are high and feelings are bruised, but I hope you can eventually.  I would never want you to feel that you were truly unappreciated, because that is simply not the case--as I said, we love you!  I have to admit though, I am disappointed with your decided action to bash us for what seems to be a misunderstanding--but it's your choice.

I'm sorry to see you go, but seeing how you feel about our decision and the way you have interpreted our actions, I understand your reasons for leaving.

Anyhow, once again, hip hip hooray for Vamp and Angelus! We're glad to have you on the team:)

Anonymous Game Developer #1

Alliance
Knight Status

#20 Post by Alliance » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:39 pm

Milan Easton wrote: Anonymous Game Developer #1
Hey, weird, you're not anonymous anymore. Does that mean you guys will finally reveal yourselves? (ort of like how Kiss unmasked themselves in the 80's?)
Just wondering.
Great job Vamp and Angelus! That's really cool that you're on the team.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#21 Post by Erpy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:03 pm

Milan Easton has been AGD1's internet name from the moment the first EZboards were started.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#22 Post by Pidgeot » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:05 pm

Katherine Breanna Martin wrote:Yep I do!!  ;)

I joined the day I was born!
Awfully nice spelling for an 8½-month old child. ;)

Congratulations to both of you, I'm sure you'll make a pair of good moderators.

Alliance
Knight Status

#23 Post by Alliance » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:06 pm

Erpy wrote:Milan Easton has been AGD1's internet name from the moment the first EZboards were started.

Thank you for clearing that up.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

YAY!

#24 Post by FatherGhostface » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:34 pm

YAY! People who won't go mad with power! Congratulations Vamp and Angelus! Lucky people you!  :p

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#25 Post by El_Listo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:16 pm

Yeah, two moderators more... those forums are starting to turn into an Orwellian nightmare.

Anyway, congratulations, it's fun to arrest and bash people!