Quest for glory I

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

jtrinaj
Peasant Status

Quest for glory I

#1 Post by jtrinaj » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:26 pm

Is there such thing as qfg I or did agdi just make the second one?

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#2 Post by Swift » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:53 pm

Yes, it's been around for many years. There's also QFG 2, 3, 4 and 5. What AGDI is doing is remaking QFG 2, since it was the only game in the series that didn't exist as VGA.

jtrinaj
Peasant Status

quest for glory

#3 Post by jtrinaj » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:04 pm

Thanks i just recently heard of quest for glory i was only interested in kq but now i have a new game to try

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

Re: quest for glory

#4 Post by johnb4467 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:31 pm

jtrinaj wrote:Thanks i just recently heard of quest for glory i was only interested in kq but now i have a new game to try
Careful...they're as addicting as crack.  :eek
Just know that you'll be going into withdrawals after you beat them all...aside from that, have fun.  :lol

jtrinaj
Peasant Status

qfg

#5 Post by jtrinaj » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:40 pm

Where would i find qfg if i wanted to play it?

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#6 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:49 pm

eBay is probably your best bet.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

Re: quest for glory

#7 Post by Ghost_Rider » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:58 am

johnb4467 wrote:
jtrinaj wrote:Thanks i just recently heard of quest for glory i was only interested in kq but now i have a new game to try
Careful...they're as addicting as crack.  :eek
Just know that you'll be going into withdrawals after you beat them all...aside from that, have fun.  :lol

I do agree - except that I would say "They're as addictive as crack, from what I've heard about crack."   ;)

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#8 Post by Paladinlover » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:56 am

Yeah, QFG 1 was originally developed in 1988 and released in 1989. It was remade in 1992, if I'm not mistaken. While I really like the VGA versions of all the games remade, some times I feel the that the originals is superior. The only exception to this is Leisure Suit Larry 1 VGA -- I really think that one was much better than the original EGA version.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that QFG 2 VGA would defeat the original one. But it's not out yet, so I'll have to stick to playing the original for now.

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by johnb4467 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:47 pm

Paladinlover wrote:While I really like the VGA versions of all the games remade, some times I feel the that the originals is superior.
Yeah actually I'm with you on that one. QG2 was (I think) the only game I played in EGA (by the time I got to QG1, vga version was around)...and I don't think it's by chance that it's also my favorite one in the series. This may be an issue with someone who doesn't like typing much (thankfully I had learned very young), but being about to textually "TALK" to the characters in the game really made them feel real. Now, of course, whenever you'd get a message along the lines of "can you say that another way?" came up it kinda reminded you...but overall I think it really sucked you into the game as a reality.
The other big-but-short-lived innovation I think the series had was the full-screen character dialogue screens. It really did give the characters more personality...at least for me it did. Instead of just seing a little floating head/dialogue box, you got to *see that character*! Combined ith characters like Dr. Cranium & Baba Yaga...and those "goon guards" (always my favorites, haha!) that *really* made for some fun stuff (and great artwork)!
Despite this rambling though, I'm tickled to tears to have QG2VGA on the way...whenever that may be. While I'm sure I will miss the typing, going through that amazing game totally "remastered", so to speak, will be a wonderful experience. I'm so pleased that the AGD's are doing a remake of this on in particular.

Somehow, someway, I just wish the series could have continued. Even though the Coles had already finished their QFG 'legacy' as far as the story-loop was concerned, I think they could have continued to make it work. Maybe even an online QFG world. Sad that Sierra won't sell them the rights...even when they've inquired about it -- especially when it is suspected that they'd sell it to anyone else EXCEPT for the Coles! Hmmm maybe some fairly-rich people will buy the rights & then either in turn sell them to the Coles...or hire them on to continue the series.
Ok, just label that entire last paragraph as "dream-time". ;)
I apologize...though I'm sure you're all there with me. So then again maybe I don't.  :lol  :p

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#10 Post by Paladinlover » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:37 pm

Despite this rambling though, I'm tickled to tears to have QG2VGA on the way...whenever that may be. While I'm sure I will miss the typing, going through that amazing game totally "remastered", so to speak, will be a wonderful experience. I'm so pleased that the AGD's are doing a remake of this on in particular.
We will have it soon enough. The AGDs are hard at work and have been for years now. After two game releases and the alpha phase coming shortly, do you really think they'd just give up? No way, they came too far and they're going to do it to the end. After that, they're going to make games commercially or so I heard. I'll be a loyal lifetime customer to them, because they deserve it. :)
Somehow, someway, I just wish the series could have continued. Even though the Coles had already finished their QFG 'legacy' as far as the story-loop was concerned, I think they could have continued to make it work. Maybe even an online QFG world. Sad that Sierra won't sell them the rights...even when they've inquired about it -- especially when it is suspected that they'd sell it to anyone else EXCEPT for the Coles! Hmmm maybe some fairly-rich people will buy the rights & then either in turn sell them to the Coles...or hire them on to continue the series.
The Coles aren't finished with the series... that's right, they aren't.

After the Coles left Sierra, they founded their own company, Transolar games if I'm not mistaken, and they actually wanted to continue the QFG series of games in other ways (maybe utilizing another character other than the Hero). The sad reality is that Sierra online refused to sell them the rights to QFG, and as such the QFG series is currently dead.

But something tells me that it won't last forever. I believe that one day we may see another game based on that wonderous series. But all we can do now is wait and hope. So live in the here and now and hopefully things will fix themselves and we will have more wonderous times in the game universes of our childhoods. :)

Till next time stay cool  :smokin