Kings Quest 4 (I'm sure its been asked, but I can't find it)

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

shawnsince1980
Peasant Status

Kings Quest 4 (I'm sure its been asked, but I can't find it)

#1 Post by shawnsince1980 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:36 pm

Im just curious if KQ4 will be remade at all? Hell, I'd even just like to know where I can download it and play it. I never played there others, cuz 4 was a gift, but i loved it when i was kid, so i would love to have it again. However in the meantime i am going to play the remakes you guys have done...

but any direction you could give on KQ4 would be greatly appreciated.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:44 pm

There was a KQ4 VGA in production by someone called Muzlack but real life took over and the project was cancelled.

I'm sorry but we cannot help you find illegal downloads of Sierra games. The best place to try is Ebay.

AGDI is currently focused on remaking Quest for Glory 2 in VGA but have not ruled out any possible future remakes.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:10 pm

Rule 3 says:
Links to pirated software or abandonware not tolerated
Please do not post links to pirated software or abandonware sites. While AGDI does remake old games, the majority of work in these games is our own. There's a difference between bringing classic games back into the spotlight by spending our own time and effort remaking them, and simply passing the original product around, which belongs fully to another company. Any links to abandonware sites or piracy will be deleted. Likewise, please do not post requests for pirated software or abandonware links or copy protection codes, as they will also be deleted.  
Please read more carefully next time  ;)

Sir Bob
Peasant Status

Started

#4 Post by Sir Bob » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:23 am

I, accually, have started working on a remake with my freinds. One has been studying C++ for five years, and the others are helping with artwork. Now, keep in mind that  we started the beginning of December and have just finished the interface. We are keeping this "under wraps" until we accually have somthing to show for it (and a website).

Thank you,

Sir ßob

Isakiel
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Isakiel » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:33 am

KQ4 was an awesome game that i love and recently i found my kings quest series cd's, its a set with the games and i think both laura bow and the dagger of amon ra and the other laura bow, but the only problem is i cant find my manual anyway, and getting into the game without it is pretty impossible, does anyone know where i can buy the manual or have any advice on being able to play KQ4? hep would be greatly appreciated

Broomie
The Enigma

#6 Post by Broomie » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:47 am

AsianMusicGuy wrote:Rule 3 says:
Links to pirated software or abandonware not tolerated
Please do not post links to pirated software or abandonware sites. While AGDI does remake old games, the majority of work in these games is our own. There's a difference between bringing classic games back into the spotlight by spending our own time and effort remaking them, and simply passing the original product around, which belongs fully to another company. Any links to abandonware sites or piracy will be deleted. Likewise, please do not post requests for pirated software or abandonware links or copy protection codes, as they will also be deleted.  
Please read more carefully next time  ;)
Did you even read the top post? Wanted to know where he could download the remake of KQ4 if it existed. Not the original.

Theophilos
Peasant Status

KQ4 Remake

#7 Post by Theophilos » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:48 am

Since this thread is ranked fairly high on Google, I thought I would direct people to the KQ4 Remake site at http://www.waywardmind.com/KQ4

It's not complete, but it has a semi-active development team. I know that because I head the project. Yes, shameless plug, but it semi-addresses the original question.

Kind Regards,
Steve Forse

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#8 Post by Spikey » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:37 pm

Good luck on your project.