GP2x

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

ovulator
Peasant Status

GP2x

#1 Post by ovulator » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:39 am

i've got this nifty little device called a GP2X. you can read info about it here: http://www.gp32x.com/gp2x.php . its a handheld device with 2 200mhz processors that runs a version of linux. as of now it runs sega games and old lucas arts games nearly flawlessly.

just wondering how hard it would be, or if it would even be possible, for the source code to kq1vga, kq2vga and qg2vga to be ported to this nifty little device.

or if the source could get released so someone else could to it...sorry im not sure exactly how ags works so maybe that would have to be ported too...

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:36 am

I was wondering the same thing for the PSP as that too can run emulators and ScummVM.

The short answer is that the source code to AGS will never be released as it would mean that any current or future commercial games made using AGS could then be decompiled and basically stolen.

I don't think there is currently a port of AGS for linux so don't expect to see any AGS games running on your favourite handheld soon.  ;)

EDIT: BTW How does the GPX handle games like Curse of Monkey Island? and Broken Sword 1 & 2?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#3 Post by Gronagor » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:15 pm

Hey! It's time for an AGS emulator!  :rollin