Hybrid Characters

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#51 Post by Vroomfondel » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:57 am

I used the Magic Axe and Ice Diamond sword, as both a Thief and Wizard (I think my Paladin used it occasionally, too). I also made it a habit to buy all of the "good stuff" Pholus sells you after you join the Rites simply because I wanted to flaunt my mighty bank account!  :hat

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Thief Hybrid

#52 Post by Jontas » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:07 pm

My kingdom for a lockpick!

I sacrificed my dreams of being a paladin for that stupid lockpick, but it was worth it. Plus I gave my hero some magic skills and fighting skills so that he was something of a formidable warrior too.
I imagined him a Robin Hood with magic, although sometimes I had to steal from the not so rich, since thieving options were always so limited.
One of the few changes I really appreciated about QFG5 was the freedom to customize and equip my hybrid character the way I wanted to.

ChaosBurnFlame
Royal Servant Status

Re: Thief Hybrid

#53 Post by ChaosBurnFlame » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:32 pm

Jontas wrote:My kingdom for a lockpick!

I sacrificed my dreams of being a paladin for that stupid lockpick, but it was worth it. Plus I gave my hero some magic skills and fighting skills so that he was something of a formidable warrior too.
I imagined him a Robin Hood with magic, although sometimes I had to steal from the not so rich, since thieving options were always so limited.
One of the few changes I really appreciated about QFG5 was the freedom to customize and equip my hybrid character the way I wanted to.
My Paladin HAS a thieves Toolkit.

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

#54 Post by Jontas » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:05 pm

Which game? I'm guessing QFG5 right?
Even then, maintaining you paladin status limits your endevors as a thief, or am I wrong about that?

ChaosBurnFlame
Royal Servant Status

#55 Post by ChaosBurnFlame » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:25 pm

Correct on both counts.  As a paladin, you have no access to other thieves tools or the guild.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#56 Post by Vroomfondel » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:55 am

As a paladin, you have no access to other thieves tools or the guild.
Unless you join the Thieve's Guild, in which case there's no bank robbery (you're supposed to do it). And the problem with giving people Thief skills (Lock Picking, Stealth, Acrobatics) is you end up getting a Stealth Charm from the FA. Oh well, it's still pretty cool. And I also enjoyed the ability to equip your Hero any way you wanted. The other games were too restrictive equipment-wise.

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

cheesy inuendo

#57 Post by Jontas » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:09 am

Of course, it's not the size of your lockpick,
but how you use it that really counts.  ;)

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#58 Post by Paladinlover » Tue May 02, 2006 7:25 am

Of course, it's not the size of your lockpick,
but how you use it that really counts.  
Actually it's a mutual case. A good lockpicker would never suceed without decent lockpicks (and of the various kinds... remember, there is no 'one size fits all' here. Hence the kit) and an amatuer with the best kit in the world won't amount to much.

To quote Pholus "The best weapon for the best man" and this also applies to other tools. Don't you agree?

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

#59 Post by Jontas » Tue May 02, 2006 8:04 pm

I certainly do agree, I was just using the lockpick as a metaphor for uh.. "another tool".
Oh wait, were you doing a little innuendo too? - I dig.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#60 Post by Paladinlover » Wed May 03, 2006 7:36 am

Not in the least bit, but I suppose you can interpert it as such if you want to. I'm just making a general reference to all tools and working, just as you are. ;)

Till next time stay cool :smokin