The Adventurers' Race

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

hina_calm
Peasant Status

The Adventurers' Race

#1 Post by hina_calm » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:45 pm

Okay... I know this is a pro ADI forum, but its a fair question. Who is gonna get to complete their project first?
ADGI with QFG2VGA or I-A with KQ3?

The I-A claim they are going at a pretty fast rate, and are in the last stages of the game, but we havent heard from AGDI's for a long time.

So... wanna be who gets there first..... I have my money on the I-A.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:55 pm

I'd say that you're probably right in your assumption.

Although, contrary to the title of your post, it's not a race. Different  groups are remaking classic games for a set of common goals; because they grew up with these classics, they want other fans to be able to remember them too, and because they want to gain experience and further their development skills. Treating it like a race would be rushing and doing a disservice to all fans and developers alike.

Regardless of whichever fan games precede any others, people should simply enjoy them as they are released, knowing that, regardless of which game they are currently playing, there will still be future releases to anticipate!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:36 pm

We're pro AGDI here??

Broomie
The Enigma

#4 Post by Broomie » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:10 pm

Angelus3K wrote:We're pro AGDI here??
Well I'd hope so, otherwise I've been at the wrong AGDI forum for a long time.

We're close to releasing KQ3 which is true but it's no race, there haven't been talks about who will get their game out first, it's just two remakes which are both greatly anticipated and that are close to completion. So there isn't a race here, whatever the release date is for each game is the release date and not first or last place.

hina_calm
Peasant Status

#5 Post by hina_calm » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:25 am

Well.. I will have to agree with the above and amend my prespective. Between AGDI and I-A, this really is'nt a race. Sierra was all about quality and providing inspiration for the fans. And if the remakers rush into it they wont be able to achieve the original flavor.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:35 am

Well, I will say KQ3 is very deeply into it's beta-testing right now.  We're having a team test all the bugs - so the release is fast approaching.

After working on a remake of a (HAH) "simple" game like KQ3, I can only imagine the complex layers of programming required for a game like QFG2.

Have no fear Adventure Gamers!  I think 2006 will be a year filled with fun adventure games for us all.  I'm looking forward to releasing KQ3 and I'm super psyched to be able to play QFG2.  Quest For Glory 2 is possibly my favorite game in the series.  I remember how excited I was when I got it for Christmas in 1990 as a 12 year old... I'm still as stupid-excited as a 27 year old to play it now.

Bt

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#7 Post by Paladinlover » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:50 pm

Who finishes it first doesn't matter, so long as both parties complete their remakes it will all be well good, regardless of who gets their games first.

Also, if they rush production of their games, we get a lot of bugs and less than stellar game play. Never rush a game programmer... EVER!

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Jontas » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:...I'm still as stupid-excited as a 27 year old to play it now.

Bt
As a 28 year old I feel exactly the same way, I check three fan sites every day (and five others at least once a week): AGD Interactive, Infamous Adventure, and Indiana Jones - Fountain of Youth. I loved the Sierra and Lucasarts adventure games as a kid, and all these fan games are absolutely thrilling.

Okay so I know it's not a race but the mere anticipation of who will release their game first certainly makes it feel like a race these days, very exciting stuff!

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#9 Post by Paladinlover » Tue May 02, 2006 7:29 am

BlackThorne, Jontas, can I say something, please?

Don't get overboard with the games. While I know you guys want it really bad (and so do I!) but constantly checking websites so many times every day isn't going to amount to anything other than frustration in the long run. If I were to check the AGD website several times every day, I wouldn't get anything useful.

The AGDs got their duties, and so do you. Carry on with your life as if nothing is the matter. Of course you should come here and remind the AGDs how much you appreciate what they're doing and do your best to encourage them, but constantly going over and over with this thing isn't going to produce anything useful for anyone.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#10 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue May 02, 2006 3:02 pm

Oh, yeah.  Because I constantly create new threads to demand QFG2's release.

Heh.

Dude - I make games myself.  I was just expressing my sentiment for the games.  I really enjoy Quest For Glory, and in particular, the second installment.  As a fellow developer, I'm excited to see how their production turns out.  I do have a life outside of all of this, I'm afraid.  I collect stray cats and I sell them for coats, you see.

Bt

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#11 Post by Paladinlover » Tue May 02, 2006 7:37 pm

I do have a life outside of all of this, I'm afraid.
We all have lives outside this, and why are you afriad? (yeah, I know, it's just a figure of speech. :P)
I collect stray cats and I sell them for coats, you see.
And I collect cows and sell them for burgers...

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by Jontas » Tue May 02, 2006 8:20 pm

I'm a full time student, and trust me I don't neglect my studies, I try to use every day as productively as possible. Checking out my fav websites once a day provides a little break from the craziness that is my life.
Rest assured my priorities are in order, but I appreciate your concern. See ya in five minutes, I mean tomorrow.  :p

Broomie
The Enigma

#13 Post by Broomie » Tue May 02, 2006 10:20 pm

Paladinlover wrote:
I do have a life outside of all of this, I'm afraid.
We all have lives outside this, and why are you afriad? (yeah, I know, it's just a figure of speech. :P)
I collect stray cats and I sell them for coats, you see.
And I collect cows and sell them for burgers...

Are you on drugs?

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#14 Post by Paladinlover » Wed May 03, 2006 7:35 am

Are you on drugs?
It's all a joke, dear boy. ;)

I mean, he said that he collected stray cats and sold them for coats. Come on, you want me to answer that seriously? Also he makes 'having a life' look like it's unusual. It's all good clean fun. To top it all, we folks over at the Classic Sierra community occasionaly enjoy crazy speech towards each other. Or at least we used to...

Till next time stay cool :cool:

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#15 Post by Paladinlover » Wed May 03, 2006 8:11 am

I'm a full time student, and trust me I don't neglect my studies, I try to use every day as productively as possible. Checking out my fav websites once a day provides a little break from the craziness that is my life.

Rest assured my priorities are in order, but I appreciate your concern. See ya in five minutes, I mean tomorrow.  
Thanks for the assurance. :)

Till next time stay cool :smokin

Broomie
The Enigma

#16 Post by Broomie » Wed May 03, 2006 12:50 pm

I can understand jokes alright, it's just hard to realize if you can. If I asked a question like "Are you on drugs?" after judging the behaviour in this thread, would you really think I was being serious?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

First Rule

#17 Post by Brainiac » Wed May 03, 2006 1:32 pm

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to realize that people are joking around in their online communications.  Personally, I've found the best thing to assume is if any prime member of IA says something, they're being facetious. :p

Broomie
The Enigma

Re: First Rule

#18 Post by Broomie » Wed May 03, 2006 2:08 pm

Brainiac wrote:Yeah, sometimes it's hard to realize that people are joking around in their online communications.  Personally, I've found the best thing to assume is if any prime member of IA says something, they're being facetious. :p
I really hate that Brainiac guy. *g*

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

Re: First Rule

#19 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed May 03, 2006 3:56 pm

Brainiac wrote:Yeah, sometimes it's hard to realize that people are joking around in their online communications.  Personally, I've found the best thing to assume is if any prime member of IA says something, they're being facetious. :p
Not always!  I really am looking forward to Quest For Glory 2!  

The stray cat thing... well, I'm serious.  I live in an over populated town and I'm incredibly poor.

Bt

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#20 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed May 03, 2006 4:55 pm

and all this time I was thinking it would be cool to go there. I like big cities but I'm sure you would know better.

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Second Rule

#21 Post by Jontas » Wed May 03, 2006 9:15 pm

Brainiac wrote:Yeah, sometimes it's hard to realize that people are joking around in their online communications...
On the flip side, you can always save face from an embarrassing overreaction or misinterpretation by saying "Dude, I was just joking" or "Dude, so was I."

I know that redemptive quality of posting has saved my sorry but a few times (not on this forum of course)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#22 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu May 04, 2006 3:37 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:and all this time I was thinking it would be cool to go there. I like big cities but I'm sure you would know better.
Eh, we have the North East's most polluted lake.

Voila! Lake Onondaga

"ON-ON-DAH-GAH"  Say it with me!

Bt

The Guy
Knight Status

#23 Post by The Guy » Thu May 04, 2006 5:07 am

Well, since you said to.

NO-NO-GAH-DAH!!!

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#24 Post by Paladinlover » Fri May 05, 2006 8:16 am

On the flip side, you can always save face from an embarrassing overreaction or misinterpretation by saying "Dude, I was just joking" or "Dude, so was I."

I know that redemptive quality of posting has saved my sorry but a few times (not on this forum of course)
What's really embarassing about this whole thing is a bunch of people who don't understand the main purpose behind a game forum. Some people think that everyone is serious over there and tend to say and do things that usually would stir trouble even when all the other guy was trying to do was be light-hearted.

In my own opinion, the less one says on most internet forum the better. There are just too many flamers out there who are just spoiling for a fight and would jump at every opportunity to do it, and too many stupid people who just don't know how to behave.

Till next time stay cool :smokin

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#25 Post by Kurdt » Tue May 16, 2006 2:47 am

I don't know about all of that. What I DO know, however, is that I just saved 15% on my auto insurance by switching to Geico.

I can see it now...First we geet de KQ3, den we geet de power, then we geet de weemen... :hat