A bit of nostalgia

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Defiant1
Peasant Status

A bit of nostalgia

#1 Post by Defiant1 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:42 pm

You guys are probably getting sick of threads like this, but...  I've been checking in every now and then for the past few years,  and I just wanted to thank you guys for remaking these games, and especially for remaking KQ2, and I would like to say what a wonderful job you guys did.  

When I was younger, and we still hadn't beaten all the "quest" games, me, my dad, and my younger brother would all watch my sister (or me), play the "Quest" games.  We would all offer ideas and suggestions and overall, just have a good time.  I have many fond memories of this.   Anyway, my point being, that this doesn't happen these days, simply because no game can bring us all together like the Quest games could.  

Just to relate a recent experience, my sister that I just mentioned is home for a couple weeks.  She wanted to go through all the King's Quest games, and thus, a marathon was started.  Even though we've completed all of them upwards to 50 times,  it still manages to be fun.  Especially since my siblings easily forget what to do.  Anyway, they played King's Quest 2, and it was just like old times.  My sister played while my dad, my brother, and my two newer siblings watched.  My memory for adventure games is way too good.  It's a good thing that I couldn't watch or play (because of time restraints, they always played late, and wake up early), because they forgot completely how to win.  And I would have spoiled it for them.    I'm grateful to the AGD team for creating a game that continues on such a wonderful legacy.

Best of wishes to future projects.  We look forward to QG2VGA.  

Defiant1

The Guy
Knight Status

#2 Post by The Guy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:56 pm

These are my own opinions, mind you, but I'm sure there are at least a few that may agree.  I don't see how they could get sick of a thread such as this.  For one thing, you are complimenting them on a job well done and compliments can only help in the motivation department.  Another thing is, you aren't like other members that join just to ask about or demand when the game is going to be released.  I can understand how you feel on the nostalgia part.  It made think of when I played Conquest of the Longbow (very first Sierra title I played as far as I can remember) and Quest for Glory 4 (the 2nd Seirra game I can remember playing) for the first time.  Good times, good times indeed.

benjipenguin
Peasant Status

#3 Post by benjipenguin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:09 pm

I also wanna extend some thanks to the AGDI team for everything you've done. You've prolly done more for the adventure genre than anyone else in years and years, and I'd have to say your games are of the highest quality I've ever seen in fan-made games. Thanks so much for bringing adventure gaming back, and giving it to the people it belongs to: the community. You guys kick serious butt, and I'll definitely be buying Al Emmo when it comes out :D

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Just when you thought the genre was dead.

#4 Post by Jontas » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:31 am

I couldn't agree more with these sentiments.

I remember playing these games as a kid and having a blast. My brother and I would play together and rack our brains trying to work out the puzzles; I remember eagerly questioning all my friends at school who owned copies of the games for solutions or suggestions.

These were indeed games that brought people together; even the vague graphics provoked the imagination. What AGDI did by restoring these games... words cannot express. Thank you guys!

I too will be buying Al Emmo when it comes out, because I know it will be great fun. I hope that Vivendi takes note of how much interest is being revived in these games because of fan based projects. This is a remarkable time in adventure gaming history.

Here's looking forward to QFGII VGA, it's gonna be awsome, I'm so stoked. Thanks again AGDI.

Psycho_Kenshin
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Psycho_Kenshin » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:59 pm

I have to agree, AGDI is doing a beautiful thing here. Giving this great stuff to the fans, and keeping the nostalgia alive.  Quest For Glory 2 will be amazing.

Gwydian
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Gwydian » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:48 pm

Psycho_Kenshin wrote:I have to agree, AGDI is doing a beautiful thing here. Giving this great stuff to the fans, and keeping the nostalgia alive.  Quest For Glory 2 will be amazing.
Here here.....