Q.F.G. II final scene and hybrid characters

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Sam2
Peasant Status

Q.F.G. II final scene and hybrid characters

#1 Post by Sam2 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:58 am

I remember a small anomaly in the original game.  Importing a fighter from Q.F.G. I who possessed wizard and thief skills would cause the game to mistake the character for a wizard (whether simply because of magic skills or actually passing the wizard initiation test, I am not sure) during the final confrontation scene with Ad Avis -- you would have to use spells to face the statue and then have the game's script run your little wizard's duel with the villain himself rather than being able to complete the game using a fighter's techniques.

I just thought it right to call this to the attention of the A.G.D. team and hope that this will not be a problem with this new version of the game.

A small question on the side too: if memory serves, unlike in the 3rd and 4th chapters of Quest for Glory, you were not given the choice upon importing the character to change his profession.  Will this new version of Q.F.G. II retain this original design or will it have this option inserted according to the design of the 2 sequels that followed?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:28 am

There will be no problems with character classes being detected as the wrong type when importing into this game, and no confusion in the end battle either. Everything will work as it's supposed to.

Consequently, it won't be possible to change your imported character's profession in the stats screen (that was included as a failsafe method in the QFG games, not as a feature.)