Wacom tablet issue

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

blackberry-chan
Peasant Status

Wacom tablet issue

#1 Post by blackberry-chan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:04 pm

I randomly decided to come here and mention this.  I don't use a mouse, but rather a Wacom tablet with a stylus.  And the opening menu for KQIVGA doesn't allow me to control the mouse cursor.  The Al Emmo demo menu doesn't either.  (Incidentally, the "launcher" of Infamous Adventurers' KQIII remake has the same issue, though the actual game menu does not, and that's not all that relevant here.)  The menu in KQIIVGA has no problems, and once within any game, the cursor becomes controllable again.  It's really annoying, but not something I can't get over... I just wonder if anyone else has this problem.

Alliance
Knight Status

#2 Post by Alliance » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:27 pm

Solution: go buy a mouse.

LilBlueSmurf
Peasant Status

#3 Post by LilBlueSmurf » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:17 am

You could also try hitting 'enter'. I am not positive, but I think  the menus have the first button (play) automatically highlighted, so hitting return should hopefully get you in the game.  That is too weird that the stylus doesn't  work, I thought they worked just like a mouse.  I mean, they even come with a cordless mouse so you can just use the pad all the time instead of switching it on and off.  Also, you can create new shortcuts that bypass the launcher (the new version of KQIII doesn't even have one) by just linking straight to the game.

Lambonius
Knight Status

#4 Post by Lambonius » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:03 pm

yeah, also you can get a wired mouse for like 10 bucks at any best buy.