Downloading

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Rossco
Peasant Status

Downloading

#1 Post by Rossco » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:41 am

Both KQ1 and KQ2 get to 9.8 meg downlaoded then call it complete! i cant download getright cause the site is blocked on my work comp... any help?

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Music Head » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:53 pm

I constantly have this problem with Internet Explorer. Try deleting your internet files cache and retrying, Using a different browser e.g, Firefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/), Or trying another download manager instead of GetRight, such as one of the ones listed here http://www.download.com/Download-Manage ... 1_4-0.html.

Hope that helped you out ;).

Metal_Snake
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Metal_Snake » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:48 am

how bad can it be downloading 9.8mega in a normel way? not alot of time i guess.. xD

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Music Head » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:51 am

The game files are bigger then 9.8mb. IE has a problem where it says files are fully done when they are not fully downloaded yet.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#5 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:26 am

I've had similar problems with Firefox. I don't think it's browser-specific, but maybe a connection problem? Or cache? I don't know.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#6 Post by gamecreator » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:50 pm

Though you probably solved this problem already...

My buddy had the same problem with IE.  He solved it first by going back to an older version of IE.  Then he downloaded Firefox 2 (beta) and that worked fine as well.  (I've never had an issue with any version of Firefox downloading incorrectly so I'd definitely suggest that - plus better security is always a big plus.)

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#7 Post by Kurdt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:58 am

I had issues downloading the TSL demo through Firefox. Sometimes it's problems with servers. When I used GetRight to get the TSL demo, it stopped and restarted about 15 or 16 times in the hours it took to download. I figure the server may have reset or something. Who knows?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#8 Post by Gronagor » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:12 am

GetRight works great when you have something of some size to download. Not slow either.

Isn't there mirror downloads for GetRight somewhere?

But chances are (at your work) that they'd block the use of GetRight as well. At my work they've set one specific port for the net. At the start I was able to use this port for downloads with GetRight, but they've managed to block it all together. (Same with ICQ, BitTorrent or any other programme that uses the net.)