Yay Alpha

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Lordrasson
Peasant Status

Yay Alpha

#1 Post by Lordrasson » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:49 pm

Congrats on going to alpha and I love the new music I could just feel myself killing the terrorsarus as it plaied it was great thanks for the update!

punkasaurus
Peasant Status

#2 Post by punkasaurus » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:42 pm

Hooray!

cew-smoke
Peasant Status

#3 Post by cew-smoke » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:37 pm

Does the paladin happy dance.   :rollin
I know, I know... you wish you knew how to do the paladin happy dance.  Well, keep working at it and you too can be as paladiously happy as I am.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#4 Post by gamecreator » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:38 pm

First, congratulations from me as well on the game moving one step closer to release.  That's great news!  Did you end up clearing out the bug list completely before alpha testing began?

Also, regarding the battle theme: I like how it varies and plays away from the original.  On the other hand, I don't like how it abruptly stops 4 seconds into it (as opposed to it flowing from the intro into the theme like the original did).  It also feels a little less grand and more casual (more like a march to a battle instead of the battle itself).  But maybe that's what Tom was going for.

Finally, who actually created that piece?  Quest Studios has Chris Brayman credited (maybe they both worked on it).

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#5 Post by Ghost_Rider » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:28 am

gamecreator wrote:Finally, who actually created that piece?  Quest Studios has Chris Brayman credited (maybe they both worked on it).

On the QuestStudios website, they currently have the soundtrack for QFG2EGA (by Sierra).  That is why you see Chris Brayman credited.

The QFG2VGA soundtrack has not yet been released.   :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:02 am

First, congratulations from me as well on the game moving one step closer to release.  That's great news!  Did you end up clearing out the bug list completely before alpha testing began?
No, we simpy got to a point where we could no longer locate any fatal errors and we had most of the major glitches solved.
Also, regarding the battle theme: I like how it varies and plays away from the original.  On the other hand, I don't like how it abruptly stops 4 seconds into it (as opposed to it flowing from the intro into the theme like the original did).  It also feels a little less grand and more casual (more like a march to a battle instead of the battle itself).  But maybe that's what Tom was going for.
That particular battle theme is derived from track 14 on this page and if you listen closely, you should be able to hear it. I personally found it a lot stronger than the song it was derived from. Most battle songs in QFG2VGA use the intro->secondary intro->looping theme structure (as opposed to QFG2EGA's intro->looping theme structure) I don't think its flow is that much more limited compared to the original.
Finally, who actually created that piece?  Quest Studios has Chris Brayman credited (maybe they both worked on it).
Most of the music in the game is re-recorded music from Chris Braymen, so he's credited as the main musician, but Tom composed this piece and several other pieces in the game that didn't appear in the original.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#7 Post by Skyshark » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:30 pm

Any idea as to how long the alpha-testing will take or is it anyone's guess at this stage?

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

best news

#8 Post by Draco62 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:05 am

:D  :D  :D This is the best news I have received all mounth.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:15 am

BTW, no, how long alpha testing will take is still anyone's guess.

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Congratulations!!

#10 Post by Jontas » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:16 pm

This is great news you guys, congratulations on getting this far. I hope Alpha testing goes smoothly with no major glitches.

You guys are true heroes!

Much love from Jontas.

TerranRich
Peasant Status

Re: Congratulations!!

#11 Post by TerranRich » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:02 am

Jontas wrote:This is great news you guys, congratulations on getting this far. I hope Alpha testing goes smoothly with no major glitches.

You guys are true heroes!

Much love from Jontas.
Whaah? LOL, I hope they get out a lot of bugs during this phase, otherwise we're stuck weeding them out! :)

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

??

#12 Post by Jontas » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:20 pm

Sorry, I'd just failed a midterm when I posted this so I was kinda cranky.
Last edited by Jontas on Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#13 Post by gamecreator » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:14 pm

I'm pretty sure this is just a misunderstanding.  TerranRich though you meant that you don't want them to find any bugs ("no major glitches") during the Alpha testing when you meant that you don't want them to have any difficulty fixing the bugs they find.  And unless he edited his post, I don't see where he "ditched" on you ("Whaah" is just an exaggerated form of "What?").

OneWingedAngel27
Peasant Status

#14 Post by OneWingedAngel27 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:32 am

This may be my first post but I'd like to say congratulations on getting one step further into the game making process.  I have loved the Quest for Glory games since back when I was 10 years old and still love them to this day.  When I heard about there being a remake for 2 (which had driven me insane quite a few times :x) I rushed over to this site and I've been checking back on it every other day. I've been yanking out my hair over this remake and now to see it being this much closer has definitely "made my mounth."  Keep up the good work guys and I seriously can't wait for Beta  :D

Skyshark
Knight Status

#15 Post by Skyshark » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:17 pm

Erpy wrote:BTW, no, how long alpha testing will take is still anyone's guess.

Ok, thanks Erpy. I've waited this long already, so I guess waiting just a little longer can't hurt. :)