forget i asked

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Darkdragon8691
Peasant Status

forget i asked

#1 Post by Darkdragon8691 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:54 pm

ok w/e
Last edited by Darkdragon8691 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

#2 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:47 pm

Is this a legitimate post?  You want people to create a game for you?  Hmmm....it's nowhere near April 1, either.

Darkdragon8691
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Darkdragon8691 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:07 pm

think about it there needs to be coding right    i can code but i cant do 3D modeling so i need some help on that part but yea if youre not going to help don't critisize people   or i'll get his dude to come and stare at you  :evil   you fear him dont you

gargin
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by gargin » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:08 pm

Well first of all I don't think your allowed to recruit on this board. Second of all "Millions of Users"? Do you realize that professional games like Matrix online flop and barely make 60,000 users? Not to mention a year or even 2 is a very quick process for a GOOD MMORPG when you look at a game like World of Warcraft which currently has 6 or 7 million users worldwide it took them atleast 4 years to develop the game if not more and they are constantly adding new patches to fix bugs and give new features they had wanted to implement before. Also there is a matter of hardware, no one is gonna play a game hosted off a 56K modem because the lag would be horrible.
Now I am not saying all this to discourage you, if you really want to make this game thats cool but I think your expectations are a bit high. First of all there is pretty much no chance of finishing a MMORPG in a year and having it be good even if your were paying your help. Casual programmers who are not getting paid and have to work for a living finishing in a year is pretty unrealistic.