Any idea of when Beta testing will start?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

NeoDraven
Peasant Status

Any idea of when Beta testing will start?

#1 Post by NeoDraven » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:49 pm

Just wondering how far along in alpha you guys are so far. Will you be looking to the members of this forum for beta testing?

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:34 pm

I'm gonna guess they're about twenty-four days or so into Alpha Testing.  That means that they're at the all important twenty-fourth day mark.  And you all KNOW what happens on the twenty-fourth day.  I don't wanna go into details, but it's pretty awesome.

Bt

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#3 Post by Gronagor » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:29 am

Sorry. They've got people who never experienced adventure games before to beta-test. Hehe. Just Kidding. I think it will be soon.

Perhaps... April 1st?  :p

samtam90
Peasant Status

#4 Post by samtam90 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:14 pm

Will it be a open or a closed beta test? I REALLY hope it'll be open to everyone...

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:51 pm

most likely closed. If it were open it might give people the false impression that it's done and would lower the team's moral to work on the finished product on top of that there isn't really a need to make it open. They really only need so many people. Maybe if it were an online game and needed to be tested with other ISPs or systems but as it stands there's no demand to do it open at all other than the saqtisfaction of people getting a sample a little early. Maybe it would be wise to release one fully functioning room screen to wet our apetites but that's as far as you'll see as far as "open Beta" in my opinion. On top of that idea though AGDI has never really been one for playable demos except for Al Emmo to my knowledge. I don't think it was done for KQ1 and 2.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:48 pm

Closed. "Open testing" would just mean we'd release a rather buggy "final version" with the promise to correct bugs as the public reports them. By the time the game would be stable, lots of people would have lost interest already and it wouldn't look good on us as a team.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:41 pm

Erpy wrote:Closed. "Open testing" would just mean we'd release a rather buggy "final version" with the promise to correct bugs as the public reports them. By the time the game would be stable, lots of people would have lost interest already and it wouldn't look good on us as a team.
WHAT??!?!?!  :lol

Bt

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by BrianR » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:08 pm

Maybe release the beta to just a select few to help out?  Some people have a little extra time and can help contribute finding bugs.  And ask for a suggested donation of 9.95 to take part  ;)

Hello BTW I am Brian....Long time reader...first time poster.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#9 Post by Paladinlover » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:58 pm

Give them time. I hope it'll be out by summer... and I've been saying 'by summer' every year at Dec for the past three years!  :lol I honestly hope it will come to pass this time.

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

NightSpawn
Peasant Status

#10 Post by NightSpawn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:50 am

"You know the old saying, a watched pot, doesn't boil!"  Well, an incessantly inquired about game doesn't get made, LOL.  These guys are doing the best they can.  It'll be done when its done.  Furthermore, if they want beta-testers, they'll ask for them.  Making remarks, and jokes at their expense, angers the great game-making god.  All hail to them and magnificent creations!!

Seriously, you guys at AGDI do incredible work.  I'm sure for most, waiting for this game is like sex, only without the sex.  It'll get done, and there is not a doubt in my mind that all of the crap that you guys have had to take will be dwarfed by all the praise you'll receive.

As for me, I haven't even been waiting a year,. . .and I'm still optimistic about the game being done.  Hell, I waited long enough for the release of QFG V, played my way through an incredibly buggy verison of QFG IV (which took an eternity to do), played QFG I+II+III repeatedly just because it was so much fun, so I can wait for this one.  Best of luck to you gents in all your efforts, and thank you.  Thank you for resucitating the still-beating heart of the QFG enthusist!!

Neurotically Yours,
NightSpawn

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#11 Post by Kurdt » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:51 am

BrianR wrote:Maybe release the beta to just a select few to help out?  Some people have a little extra time and can help contribute finding bugs.
That's what a closed beta is. You select a few people from the pack who aren't on the team and let them test it.