I'd like to know about release at least a week in advance...

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

solamon77
Peasant Status

I'd like to know about release at least a week in advance...

#1 Post by solamon77 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:47 am

I'd like to know about the impending QFG2VGA release about a week or two in advance (if possible) because, I don't know about the rest of you, but I plan on replaying the whole series over from start to finish as soon as I get my hands on this remake. By knowing about the release just slightly in advance, I could start playing QFG1 and have my character ready for import as soon as QFG2VGA drops. I know it's probably wishful thinking, but hey, I can dream!  :p  :D

I'd start getting ready now, but I really want to have a seamless, no interruption playing stretch from start to finish! :) Maybe, I'll do like I did for Planscape: Torment (best story in a video game ever imo) and 'magically' extend my stamina to allow for a 48 hour playing spree, interrupted only by bathroom breaks, snack breaks, and the occasional 15-20 minute nap (don't want to end up like some of those Asian kids a couple of years ago who died doing such a spree with Everquest, ya know). :D What do you guys and gals think?

Bigfan
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Bigfan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:37 pm

Sounds like a plan, but that was with StarCraft, not EverQuest.  ;-)  Otherwise, I'm right there with ya!

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by BrianR » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:19 pm

Can I get a link for that story?

solamon77
Peasant Status

#4 Post by solamon77 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:28 pm

BrianR wrote:Can I get a link for that story?
I wish I could give it to you. I only remember reading about it on Reuters a year or two ago. :(

StarCraft, not Everquest eh? At least he went out playing a great game. :D

Archeryman
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Archeryman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:06 am

Fo sho! By the way, whatever happened to Starcraft 2 and Starcraft: Ghost. I want to see Kerrigan get taken down! :evil

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#6 Post by Ghost_Rider » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:44 am

Archeryman wrote:By the way, whatever happened to Starcraft 2 and Starcraft: Ghost. I want to see Kerrigan get taken down! :evil
Yeah, Zeratul and Raynor need to slay the beast!  I want Starcraft 2 as well... Blizzard has said they are interested in revisiting the Starcraft universe, but have never officially stated they are going to do it.

As for Starcraft: Ghost, apparently it is on hold indefinitely.  Not sure, but it sounds like they might end up abandoning that project.  I sure hope not because it looked like it would be great.

Archeryman
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Archeryman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:04 am

Well Starcraft 2 just sounds awesome; classic units with a few more and new heroes, plus better graphics. Ghost though didnt look as im pressive. wasn't it like a third person shooter? Bleh. The only good third-person shooter I've seen was Resident Evil 4.

Ekinatial
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Ekinatial » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:24 am

First of all, you can't finish Qfg1 in 5 minutes? I guess that's racing speed... 30-45 minutes if you're doing it leisurely... Perhaps about an hour and a half to 2 hours if you're trying for all 500 points, just because you'd have to wait around for night time a lot. but either way, I've done qfg1-5 all in one day before, first to see if I could do it, and again and again because it's super cool. And there's just one thing I don't know: In qfg5, is there some way to get general claudius to surrender instead of killing him? Rakeesh kind of alludes to it, at least as a paladin. I've spent hours trying to awe him etc to no avail. Has to be the only thing that still baffles me. But anyway, secondly: starcraft ghost was to be completely independent of the storyline, and would not involve kerrigan in any way. If it did, it'd just be a passing mention as her ruling the universe or something. However, starcraft 2, which has no official existence, would be. Except for murphy's law, there's no doubt in my mind that they will eventually release starcraft 2, since they'd probably make more money than WoW (okay, not that much). I think they're just waiting a really long time for people to lose their starcraft cds, so when sc2 comes out, people will have to buy both. ...just my theory.

Archeryman
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Archeryman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:39 am

lol u dont think the 10+ years starcraft has been out is enough? theyre probly just going to wait for the starcraft sales to go down, since theyre STILL selling it in stores. i laugh every time i c it next to the most recent high-end games like F.E.A.R. or Oblivion. while we're talking about sequels to old games, any word on halo 2 for pc? i heard its supposed to come out for vista, but nothing recently. still tho the 3rd person shooter is just kinda iffy to me. RTS, RPG, and FPS r where im at  :hat

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#10 Post by Kurdt » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:06 am

Ekinatial wrote:First of all, you can't finish Qfg1 in 5 minutes? I guess that's racing speed... 30-45 minutes if you're doing it leisurely... Perhaps about an hour and a half to 2 hours if you're trying for all 500 points, just because you'd have to wait around for night time a lot. but either way, I've done qfg1-5 all in one day before, first to see if I could do it, and again and again because it's super cool. And there's just one thing I don't know: In qfg5, is there some way to get general claudius to surrender instead of killing him? Rakeesh kind of alludes to it, at least as a paladin. I've spent hours trying to awe him etc to no avail. Has to be the only thing that still baffles me.
For your first question, while that is true, I'd imagine he wants to build up his stats as well so he can take on QFG2 with a pretty fully-loaded character stat-wise. Leveling up is what takes up most of the time where QFG1 is concerned. I mean, you can type in Razzle Dazzle Root Beer, release the Baronet, make the dispel potion, defeat the brigands/free Elsa, and defeat Baba Yaga all on Day 1 as you said, but that's kind of a hollow victory don't you think?

As for QFG5, as a Paladin you're supposed to always be reactionary. Cast Peace whenever you can to make it through people and use Magic Ward to deflect spells from the Sorcerors. If you only attack when provoked, your honor goes up. When the General appears, cast Peace on him and then Sense Aura to discover that Rakeesh was wrong and the General has lost all honor and therefore can be destroyed with a clear conscience. All of that will send your honor through the roof.

Ekinatial
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Ekinatial » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:25 am

Oh crazy, thanks, that's been haunting me forever. But don't you have to kill the wizards for the general to appear? Or is it different if you don't kill anyone?

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#12 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:53 pm

Dear God,

Could you let me know, one week in advance, before I die?   I have some affairs I'd like to get ready, and I figure if I'm going to die, I need a week to stop abusing hookers and blow and tell my family I love them.   Thanks.

Bt

PS  Can you make AGDI hurry up and release QFG2VGA?  I actually think they sit around in a large circle with the completed version, dangling it over a crowd of hormonal internet geeks, laughing at their antics.  Oh, and please uncancel "Firefly".  Thanks, God.

Archeryman
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Archeryman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:46 pm

I pray that same prayer everynight BT. Even the part about Firefly. No... especially the part about Firefly  ;)

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by BrianR » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:40 pm

hmm...no official has agreed or denied with this request yet...it must mean one thing......it will be done in less than a week!!! :\

Archeryman
Peasant Status

#15 Post by Archeryman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:49 pm

Ha! i wish. i let a friend borrow my disc tho, and he left for denmark in july, so i cant play QfG 4 until her gets back in May.  :cry no fair.

rich_eter
Peasant Status

#16 Post by rich_eter » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:44 am

I have the QFG Anthology and I can't even get it to work at all. I desperately want to play QFG4 again, but not even dosbox gets it to work... er, well...

I personally liked spending at least three or four days with each of the QFG games. I did this with all of them right before 5 came out. Too bad I couldn't beat 4, it was so buggy that even patches, moslow and hint books couldn't get me through the last scene. Something about touching the staff to Avoozl... so damn buggy.

Archeryman
Peasant Status

#17 Post by Archeryman » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:13 am

OMG! ugh i had the same problems lol. except i cudnt get past the tentacled things (havnt played it in a long time so forgive me) in front of the tomb in the swamp/marsh. itd always get this error. ugh. ya i like ta take my time and qfg4 is actually my favorite, but it wont run all the way thru! frustrating >:

Thepal
Knight Status

#18 Post by Thepal » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:31 am

http://www.geocities.com/belzorash/

The fix for QfG4 (and other Sierra games) is there.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#19 Post by Gronagor » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:40 am

I got the chance to play QfG2 yesterday. From start to finish it was really a nice game!!!!

Oh. You mean, the remake? Hehheh!  Can't wait either. (Was joking... finished QfG2 a few hundred times in the last how-many-years)

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#20 Post by Kurdt » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:20 am

I was going to make a new thread for this, but then I decided...eh.

I just played through QFG1VGA again and have my magic user (whom I'm grooming for Paladinhood) all set and ready for QFG2VGA! I'm going to take him through all the games soon anyway because I want to do that now (meaning I'll be sending him through QFG2EGA barring the release of QFG2VGA next week), but I just wanted to let you know that I've totally got my guy ready for ya!

By the way, this time I went in striving for full points and I came 4 points shy. I looked up points lists and it seems like I did everything perfect. Where are my missing 4 points?

Ekinatial
Peasant Status

#21 Post by Ekinatial » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:38 am

Did you get 2 sets of points from the centaur outside town raking? I always play the original and you have to ask about anything, then ask about brigands separately, and you get 2 sets of points. Or maybe kill the antwerp? Not even sure if you get points for that though... Those are the 2 most obscure things I can think of off the top of my head.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#22 Post by BrianR » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:50 pm

You can kill the antwerp??  How?

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#23 Post by Kurdt » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:06 pm

You don't really "kill" the Antwerp, per se. You try to fight the Antwerp (in EGA just say "fight antwerp", in VGA click the dagger on him) and then it shows you warming up to fight. Then you have a moment of dodge and thrust and the Antwerp bounces up and out of sight. When you go on the next screen on the way to the Brigand's hideout, he'll begin to descend and will crush you. If you hold your dagger up, though (VGA click dagger on Antwerp when he appears), the Hero will hold the dagger up to the sky an actually "pop" the Antwerp. However, when the Antwerp pops, he splits into about 6 or 7 Baby Antwerps. This is how Antwerps reproduce. This is also where Dr. Cranium gets his Antwerps in QFG4. He references the Antwerp POPulation explosion that occured last Spring (aka QFG1).

And yeah, I asked the centaur about everything. I don't know what happened. Maybe it didn't register me reading the guild book?

Thepal
Knight Status

#24 Post by Thepal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:44 pm

Hmm... four points...

Well... the two I most often miss are from the notes under the stool in the bar, probably. Umm.... I assume you sold mushrooms and flowers? Oh! Cheetaur claws and Troll beards! That's something magic users often don't do. You still get 2 points for selling each of those, which would give you the four points. What else... um... Talking to the warlock (2 points)? Talking to other random people... You usually have to ask certain things though. Umm.... did you read the logbook before you signed it? That might make a difference....

Anyway... could be lots of things. I'm guessing you looked at a complete point list (since it's not as big a mystery as 2, 3 and 4, which almost all lists on the net seem to be incomplete or wrong) so I won't bother posting mine.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#25 Post by Music Head » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:35 am

Yeah you got to read the log book before you sign it, I always used to forget to do that. Sucks you cna't go back and do it after you've signed it tho :(.