Becoming a Paladin in QFG2

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

greensenshi
Knight Status

Becoming a Paladin in QFG2

#1 Post by greensenshi » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:31 am

Hello, I'm a huge fan of the Quest for Glory series and am eagerly anticipating the arrival of QFG2VGA.  I have a question though that I'm not sure has been asked about becoming a Paladin.

Corey Cole has stated in an interview that attacking the griffon was NOT supposed to disqualify you from becoming a Paladin.  My question is will you reduce the penalty of paladin points in the remake?

Lil edit(curse my mind for not remembering everything I wanted to say)

The only reason I ask is because I'm not sure if that's considered a bug or not and it seems like no one else has asked.

Lil edit over

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:19 am

Yes, it's something we've kept in mind when implementing the paladin points code.

Ekinatial
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Ekinatial » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:40 pm

Uh, spoilers.. if someone has never played the game before.

Something I was also wondering about the remake... I assume you redo all the code from scratch.. but I don't know if you copy it from the old game or somehow use it or whatever... but in the fight with khaveen, as battle basically took place, you just press the up arrow key fast until the thing dies. And, for the longest time, I didn't know I had the chance to tell khaveen to pick up his sword because I just killed him too fast. I was wondering if it's still possible to just slaughter him, or if you'll make it scripted in that you drop your sword, have to pick it up, then he'll drop it, etc.

adeyke

#4 Post by adeyke » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:08 pm

With the new combat system, just mashing the up arrow won't be enough to win all the fights, so I assume this won't be a problem.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 pm

It's impossible to get through the Khaveen fight without the mutual disarming stuff taking place. Before the disarming events, he'll block and dodge most of the stuff you throw at him. After disarming him, you can either finish him off the easy way (and toss paladinhood away in return for a safe victory) or you can duke it out the hard way and risk getting killed.

NeoDraven
Peasant Status

#6 Post by NeoDraven » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:53 am

I just completed QFG2 again as a Fighter, handed Khaveen his ass on a paper plate before he could even lose his sword, and was still made Paladin. I just figured it was set up the other way for people with less fighting skill to have another option. Same thing with returning the reward to Rakeesh for defeating the Elementals. Still got Paladin.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:24 am

Returning the fire elemental reward to Rakeesh doesn't give paladin points...just an honor boost.