quest for glory 2 remake coming out

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

flowerbud
Peasant Status

quest for glory 2 remake coming out

#1 Post by flowerbud » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Does anyone know when they will release this game? Who hear cannot wait until it comes out smile.

Piotyr
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Piotyr » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:43 pm

Ok everyone! Lets all say this together now!

WHEN ITS DONE! :rollin  :rollin  :rollin  :rollin

augie1111
Peasant Status

#3 Post by augie1111 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:51 pm

AGD2 said %99.9 this year a few days ago.

Piotyr
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Piotyr » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:34 pm

augie1111 wrote:AGD2 said %99.9 this year a few days ago.
But my ways funner!

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Jontas » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:52 am

Now its 99.99%
Erpy told me... he did I swear... ok maybe not.
Its close my friends, I can smell it in the air...

gamecreator
Knight Status

#6 Post by gamecreator » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:21 pm

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was 6.66%.   :p

Piotyr
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Piotyr » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:11 am

Jontas wrote:Now its 99.99%
Erpy told me... he did I swear... ok maybe not.
Its close my friends, I can smell it in the air...
Sorry man but I had a burrito for lunch and... hats not the closeness.

yossso
Peasant Status

It will be done

#8 Post by yossso » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:30 am

It will be done in a thousand years and a year, djinni of the serpent, dragon of the claws teeth of scorpions.
:lol

yossso
Peasant Status

Idea

#9 Post by yossso » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:34 am

Release a beta, thousand and one players will send corrections, until no correction is sent - which means it's perfect.

I wish it was possible with books as well, but it's only possible with freeware.

You're doing a great job, I liked.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Idea

#10 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:41 am

yossso wrote:Release a beta, thousand and one players will send corrections, until no correction is sent - which means it's perfect.

I wish it was possible with books as well, but it's only possible with freeware.

You're doing a great job, I liked.
I'll tell you, that's a BAD idea.  People don't like bugs.

Bt

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#11 Post by Klytos » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:56 am

Trust me. People will attempt to rip you a new asshole if you release a buggy game. Even if it is free.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#12 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:53 am

people try to rip you one if it's free and NOT buggy.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#13 Post by Klytos » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:14 am

Thats true too.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#14 Post by Paladinlover » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:25 pm

I've waited very, very patiently since August 2001. That was five and a half years ago. Interestingly enough, every Feburary or March, I'd say something like 'it's gonna come out this summer, I can feel it' and when summer comes, it doesn't come out, but I don't get disheartened by it.

The thing which I honestly was putting off was playing QFG... I wanted to play QFG through and through, but when I finished QFG 1 VGA (and sometimes EGA as well) I'd feel that need to wait for QFG 2 VGA to come out. I think I'll just go on my way and wait for it.

Of course, there is one thing which I'm ashamed of... that would be the fact that I didn't get El Emmo yet... even though it's been out for a long time.  |I I really hope I can get my dad to view it and let me use his card. If not, I'm gonna have to wait a few more months at the very least before I have the ability to order it. Oh well, better late than never, right guys?

Till next time stay cool :smokin

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#15 Post by Fribbi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:34 pm

I wish someone admin here could change the name of this Post subject as "When will quest for glory 2 remake coming out?" :rolleyes

But anyway..keep up the good work on this project on yours. I admit this has taken too long time for me to wait for this but I will still wait even I grow older than your own old grandpa.

But I was wondering is it possible if you could create more new Quest for glory Avatar images in the Quest for glory forum theme? I want to see Rakeesh the lion avatar image and all of the others heroes who appear in the game. Please! :D

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by DonQuixote » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:43 am

Personally I don't mind the wait at all.  I remember waiting and helping with flooding Sierra with emails and snail mails for QG5.  QG2 is obviously already out, so this is just extra  :p

What I'm really hoping on is that this game will help re-ignite the interest in these games; new and additional people that might pressure Vivendi into re-releasing the games.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#17 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:49 pm

like how KQ1VGA skyrocketed MOE sales.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#18 Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:48 pm

I know I'll be spreading the word on the few game-related sites I visit, so maybe that'll help.

DonQuixote, I like your avatar.  Brings back memories of the fun I had battling the various QfG4 creatures (yes, that includes the rabbits).  What do you mean by re-releasing the games though.  Are you aware that Vivendi released adventure game packs recently?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#19 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:16 pm

they left out QFG though.

edit: this is my post 1500!
Last edited by Quest For Glory Fan on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#20 Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:18 pm

Well that doesn't seem right at all, now does it?  How could they miss their best series?   >:  :p

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#21 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:29 am

because they don't want to rerelease the buggiest seires of all time and because including QFG5 would take too much disk space. Not that they probably would, they would leave it out like MOE to KQ but then the series ends with error 52.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#22 Post by Fribbi » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:54 am

What I'm really hoping on is that this game will help re-ignite the interest in these games; new and additional people that might pressure Vivendi into re-releasing the games.
But I thougth you like free games. If Vivendi will get interest on those game the games will not be free then. ;)

If Vivendi will re-release the old Sierra old classic games again, all of the hard works on King Quest 1-2 and Quest for glory 2 was then for nothing, unless they accept what AGDI team has done with King Quest and Quest for Glory. I mean if Vivendi are going to re-release a old classic games, they will for sure close all fan's works on those old Sierra fan's games projects and they would rather do their own versions of those game and not accept AGDI projects unless Agdi team will give those games they have worked very hard for you all, to Vivendi. So lets hope that day will never come for us.
We have all agree here we want the games for free right? So why should AGDI bother trying to let Vivendi sell those old classic jewels KQ1 and 2 and Quest for glory 2,  wich we can get it for free now? So I say don't wake up the dragon (Vivendi). Just leave Vivendi alone and let them work with their own games.  ;)

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#23 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Fribbi. That's already happened. AGDI has already given their games to Vivendi (or rather signed them off), Vivendi has already released the classics, and AGDI is still around. They have permission from Vivendi. They're licensed. Vivendi is not going to shut them down. That ship has sailed. AGDI's here to stay.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#24 Post by DonQuixote » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:10 am

gamecreator wrote:I know I'll be spreading the word on the few game-related sites I visit, so maybe that'll help.

DonQuixote, I like your avatar.  Brings back memories of the fun I had battling the various QfG4 creatures (yes, that includes the rabbits).  What do you mean by re-releasing the games though.  Are you aware that Vivendi released adventure game packs recently?
Thanks, it's actually from the QF4 Demo, lol, I don't know what I keep stuff like this for so long.  Well, Vivendi didn't re-release a QFG compilation--Space Quest, Kings Quest, Larry... but no QFG.  From what I heard though Vivendi didn't really put any effort into them, so I guess we're not missing out.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#25 Post by DonQuixote » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:21 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:Fribbi. That's already happened. AGDI has already given their games to Vivendi (or rather signed them off), Vivendi has already released the classics, and AGDI is still around. They have permission from Vivendi. They're licensed. Vivendi is not going to shut them down. That ship has sailed. AGDI's here to stay.
This is generally my understanding too; I believe that Infamous Adventures (KQ3 VGA remake) is also licensed.  The biggest headache that Vivendi caused recently was trying to shut-down the KQIX project.  The project won, but had to change the name of their game.

They're also not showing any sign of making any of their games freeware.  I had to take down mirrors on one of my sites because I thought BAK was now freeware, Vivendi also rescinded that somehow :\

I am pretty sure you could fit all the QFG games on two CDs.  QfG1-4 is peanuts in size, it can easily fit on a two disk set.  Who knows why MOE wasn't included, it's only one cd.