Quest for Glory locales

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Asian adventure game

#26 Post by Brainiac » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:22 pm

Speaking of Asian-culture adventure games, I saw this over at JA+ recently.  It'll be interesting to see how a team based in Dallas, Texas fashions this game.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

Re: Asian adventure game

#27 Post by DonQuixote » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:07 am

Brainiac wrote:Speaking of Asian-culture adventure games, I saw this over at JA+ recently.  It'll be interesting to see how a team based in Dallas, Texas fashions this game.
Looks nice, although the graphics for the character kind of bothers me, the backgrounds are too beautifully done for the character to do them justice.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#28 Post by Paladinlover » Sat May 05, 2007 2:32 pm

Oh come on, why go so far as Chinese and Japanese... why not go for far less mentioned Oriental nations? Korean, Vietnam/Thailand or... India! Remember Wolfie? Remember that he wanted to go back to his homeland afterwards and mentioned that he would love to use the balloon that you built for that task?

I can think of several games that have a Chinese or Japanese setting, but none that have an Indian or Southeast Asian setting at all (no, Vietnam-war FPS don't count). It would be a totally fresh setting that is ripe with possibilities and unused ideas, don't you agree? ;)

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#29 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat May 05, 2007 8:10 pm

Hey I am the asian freak arounf here :) but Iam working on a asian themed game not quest for glory style though modern times about a cop in tokyo. im not saying anything but the next game i make will be korea based :)