AL Emmo Questions relating to Website

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

advgamer
Peasant Status

AL Emmo Questions relating to Website

#1 Post by advgamer » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding Al Emmo.  I did go to http://www.himalayastudios.com/ and I noticed that nothing shows up - it says account is suspended.  Is everything alright?

I am also wondering is there buy option to download the game (like a soft copy) or is it only cd buy

And I use Steam to play lot of games - will you guys ever use Steam to sell your game?

As I am looking forward to get a copy of Al Emmo (need an adventure game fix)- I just wanted to see its images/trailers - but I can't see it on the main website.

Thanks for all the help.

PS - (Both KQ 1 & 2+ were amazing, Kq2+ (your version), is one of the best adventure game I have played till date - it was just pure awesome)...amazing story addition....

If I see a donate button (via paypal) on agdinteractive's site - I would so donate b/c of those games I have played :)

Thanks

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The AGDs are aware the Himalaya site is down and are working to restore it ASAP!

Yes Al Emmo can be bought as a digital download or as a CD sent right to your door.

I would recommend the CD version as the artwork looks amazing and also looks very nice sitting on your shelf lol! This also avoids the hassle of having to re-download due to HDD failure etc.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:25 pm

The Himalaya Studios site was fixed up last night, but the hosting company is slack as apparently they still haven't updated it! It might be time to change providers.

Anyhow, thanks for your comments, advgamer. I'm glad you enjoyed the remakes.  As for Al Emmo, presently it's not available via Steam, but the publisher we're going through for the North American release is working to get it released through as many online portals as possible, and one of their main affiliates is Steam, so it's definitely a possibility in the future.

If you want a hard copy (and you think you can hold out a few months) there will be a retail version made available which will contain a few minor improvements, a printed manual, and perhaps some other things.  But if you require instant gratification, then I'd recommend downloading Al Emmo from the online store at www.TellTaleGames.com

Thanks!

TribeHasSpoken
Peasant Status

#4 Post by TribeHasSpoken » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:44 am

I had hoped that the Collectors Edition of the game available from the Himalaya website would include a printed manual, but it wasn't a big deal that it didn't. If I had to choose between a printed manual and the postcard/wanted poster additions, I'd choose the latter any day since those extras really help take you back to the good old days of commercial adventure.

The promise of a printed manual in the retail release would sound far more alluring if Koko was the one delivering the sales pitch:

"Printed manual an excellent add-ad-ition to fine adventure game. When kiln-dried, pages can be ground down to create scrumptious coffee substitute."  :lol