Progress Update Thread (formerly known as quest for glory 2)

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#126 Post by Erpy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:48 pm

I believe AGD2 ever so often played with characters who had all the skills.

Every character with magic skill can enter WIT, but only the fighter class is invited into EOF.

^Mo^
Peasant Status

#127 Post by ^Mo^ » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:45 pm

So just out of curiosity, are you going to play the game after it's been released, or are you just so sick and tired of it after all the beta testing?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#128 Post by Erpy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Definitely not for fun for quite some time, I think.

Same will be the case for the beta testers too, most likely.

TheDevian
Peasant Status

#129 Post by TheDevian » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:59 am

Hear hear!
I can feel that

I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my black, crusty underused heart!

I was watching Avatar -the last airbender and one of the chars on that show (the mechanist who lives in one of the air temples) reminded me SO much of Dr. Cranium I had to dig out my collection disk and install that one and then well (unless you have all of your old saves, witch i don't having saved them onto floppies at the time, 5 1/4, lol find a drive for that!) you can't just play one of them...
so of coarse I am searching for patches to get me thru all the bugs and I found someone talking about a vga qfg2 and I am floored when I see the date is this year! thinking to my self this just can't be happening, its been almost 17 years, no way they are updating this...

Then I find out what you guys are doing, although I did like the orig ver of Heroes Quest1 better than the remake they did, I am just too old and lazy to do all that typing anymore, and when i started to try to play QfG2, .. well lets just say I was daunted (being dyslexic)
I like having the option to type, but not to be required ;) (lsl7 did this well)
so I just found you guys today and I downloaded your KQ1 and 2 and will be installing that soon and I am eagerly awaiting your installment of QfG2 it sounds like you are going to be holding even truer to the original than Sierra did on the few remakes they did

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY!!!!!

Mondo Props to you!!!!

and if you need an experienced beta tester with a knack for finding the most obscure problems... lol
I almost always do something they didn't expect in every game  I have played
<--poster child for Murphy's Law

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#130 Post by Erpy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:43 pm

This week was a busy week. Very busy, but also pretty productive. AGD2 finished a mage playthrough. Quite a few bugs were found, but fortunately most of them were:

- not mage-specific

and

- relatively quick to fix.

Here's a shortened list of stuff that was tended to last week:

1) The Dervish's mouth talking sprite/animation (room object) can no longer be seen when he talks. Ensure its baseline is in front of his regular sprite.

That's odd. I can see it when I enter the oasis and I didn't change anything in that room.

Upon closer inspection, the issue seems to be that the Dervish's mouth object gets night-tinted if you visit the oasis at night. Therefore, if you return there again at daytime, his mouth object will still be dark blue. It is still positioned in front of the Dervish character as far as baselines are concerned, but the dark blue tint makes the animation difficult to see and matches closely with the grey tones of his beard. Ensuring that his mouth talk object doesn't remain night-tinted at day will solve this bug.

Fixed it.

3) In jackpack battles, any single corpses on the ground should not have blockingwidth or blockingheight areas. The hero should be able to walk through them. Only corpse piles of 2 or more jackals should have non-walkable areas. The reason being that the scattered bodies are difficult and odd-looking to walk around.

5) Sometimes if you stab a jackal and he dies (his death sound plays) and then immediately kick another jackal on the sidelines, the death sound will play again when you kick the 2nd jackal over.

6) When fighting a single jackalman, I had only a tiny bit of health left and no stamina. With my final stab, I killed the jackal, but also overexerted myself to death. The jackal died, the hero's death sound played and the victory music played. The magic user did his victory animation, and when the victory music stopped playing the game froze on the Wait icon. This probably can happen for any monster battle.

7) At "Not yet Dawn on Day 10" I went to sleep on my bed at the Katta's Tail Inn and clicked "Sleep till Evening". The hero laid down on the bed, then got up again immediately (the message about the sun disappearing behind the mountains appeared). I checked the time again after he stood and it still said "Not yet Dawn on Day 10". It seems like time doesn't advance if you try sleeping at that particular time. The same thing likely happens at the oasis and Julanar's screen if you try sleeping till evening at "not yet Dawn" on any day.

8) If you fight a monster and kill it, and then cast Dazzle in the scrolled down screen, the white flash appears only in the top portion of the room. The full-screen white flash character doesn't currently take into consideration the co-ordinates for scrolled-down battle rooms.

11) When leaving Keapon's shop, he barks about the beast, there's a typo. He says "...needs a hero to for help him bait a beast..." the word 'for' should be deleted from the sentence.

13) When you say goodbye to Aziza, or stand without saying goodbye, when the hero exits to the alley, her door closing sound needs to be heard.

16) At night, if you enter the caged beast screen from the TOP dune, the saurus constellation and hand constellation do not appear until after the hero has fully walked over the dune.  And if you enter the caged beast screen from the bottom edge, the desert perspective screen switches but the constellations do not change over to the saurus and hand ones (they remain on the constellations that were visible before the perspective switched).

17) Some of the night constellations do not have  LOOK descriptions. The one that appears in the same screen as the scorpion constellation. I think it's the dragon. Also the saurus one doesn't. use EGA game messages if applicable.

20) If you press ENTER when the targeting spell cursor is active, it acts like the HAND (picks up rocks etc.)

21) If the griffin beats you in battle, its wings flapping sound still plays when it sits on the ground.

22) If you're fighting an opponent (like the jackalmen) and charging or casting a flamedart/forcebolt, if you get hit before the protectile is unleashed, the mana required to cast the spell still gets deducted even though the spell wasn't successfully cast. Is this a bug?

More like an oversight...I added the mana deduction at a rather random point in the move. It's adjusted now.

24) When you arm wrestle Issur, the bellows are still visible in the background of his close-up, even if you have already taken them.

They're part of the current background. I'll need a new version of the background with them taken out.

Simply use this graphic as a room object and turn it on to cover the bellows after they have been obtained.

25) When sitting at Aziza's table with saurus/emir, Aziza says "...true to see." Typo? Should it be "truth to see"? check EGA game.

No, no typo. That's what it says in the EGA version too. It's a bit of a creatively written line, but I don't think it's gramatically incorrect.

26) After Aziza has the saurus/Emir in her house, if you go to the saurus lot and click the HAND on the gate, the message says that you left your saurus out in the desert. Instead, it should say that the saurus/Emir is with Aziza.

27) On day 16 when you leave keapon's shop, he barks about you going to Rasier. But then this bark is followed by a standard 'goodbye' bark. In this case, keapon should only say the Raseir bark.

31) When Omar's purse is in the fountain plaza, if you wait till the merchants are gone and then cast Fetch at the purse, you should be able to retrieve it that way.

32) When you click the scorpion tail on Harik and he won't accept any more, the word "theses" should be "these".

34) In melee combat, it seems you can dazzle brigands if you cast Dazzle and it gets interrupted before the white flash occurs. Probably happens for all other monsters too.

39) If you enter the Katta's Taill Inn after Shameen has gone to bed (Not yet dawn) then the two flames burning on the table lamps should not be lit. They should be lit at all other times, though.

44) When luring the fire Elemental into the alley with incense, make it so the menu will not appear if you click the HAND icon on the alley doors. Instead, it should say "There's no time for that now, Hero!"  Once the fire elemental is inside the lamp and the hero's back to his normal view again, clicking HAND on the door can return to normal functionality.

48) After Alichica's stand burns down, Lisha says that he and Harpo left Shapeir to go to Fredonia. This means that the Harpo easter egg in the alleyways should be disabled (if it hasn't been seen yet) after the fire elemental has been defeated.

50) On night 6 I went to the inn and sat. Shema brought be dinner and commented that it was SaurKraut and Knockwurst. I ate it, and then clicked on the table again to order some Tea from Shema. She walked out and I ordered tea. Shema cleared the table, walked away, and then came back with a tray of tea. After she place it on the table, she repeated her Saurkraut and Knockwurst line, even though I didn't order any food from her. Only tea. Make sure she never comments about food upon her return if you only ordered tea from her.

51) In the intro sequence, after the carpet lands in the gates plaza, Alichica's, Shameen's, and Shema's dialogue text is the wrong color. The textbox is also positioned too high and too far to the left in relation to the dialogue picture.

56) When you ask Alichica about "palace" he tells you to look at the map, but what if you don't have a map yet?

Dunno. It's a line directly taken from the EGA version. I changed it a bit to avoid confusion. The new line is: "You wanna know where the Palace is, justa look on my map.  You finda the palace right by the Plaza of the Palace."

58) I had The Open spell selected and I kept clicking the target over and over on Keapon's shop door at night. When my Mana reached 1, I was still able to continually recast the spell by clicking the target icon on the door, even though I was out of mana. The only way I received the "not enough mana" message was by opening my Magic GUI and clicking on the Open spell icon again.  Fix for all other targeting (non-projectile) spells that can be cast repeatedly.

59) At sunset, I challenged Issur and he told me it would cost me 1 dinar to wrestle him. After he said that, the game clicked over to 'night is still young' mode, and he booted me outside. I didn't get a chance to wrestle him. The next day I returned to his shop and tried to challenge him once more. He said this time it would cost me 2 dinars. If you haven't actually wrestled him yet, then he shouldn't increase the bet.

62) After you kill a scorpion in combat (and take the tail) the scorpion's sprite jumps to the left and gets repositioned (presumably because it changes over to use the stinger-less scorpion sprite).  This re-positioning doesn't seem to occur if you kill the scorpion from afar and take its tail in the normal desert screens... only when scrolled down after battle.

64) When you ask keapon about "Spells" from his main P&C tree (other than force bolt), his laughing anim doesn't play after the lines.

72) Play the money jingle sound when donating to the Astrologer. (Same sound as when giving money to Sitar, Dzad, and Beggar)

73) Shema can still bring out a meal when there's already one on the table if you sit down by clicking the HAND on the cushion.

How did that first meal get on the table? I don't believe you can order a meal while standing.

As far as I can recall, I sat down and ordered a meal and then stood without eating it (or I may have eaten it, I can't remember). I then clicked the HAND on the cushion to sit down again and Shema automatically walked out again and placed a meal on the table - even though there was a tray already on the table.

Update: It seems to happen on nights when Omar is at the inn and you can sit at the table, but Shema doesn't walk out. You sit down, Omar reads his poetry, and after it finishes you can click HAND on the table to order a meal. Then stand after eating the meal (or without eating it) and click the HAND on the pillow to sit again. Shema will come out again with another tray and place it on the table, even though your previous tray is still there. This probably also happens when ordering tea from her.  I assume it also happens on nights when Shema dances at the inn and you're required to sit down and watch the performance rather than being automatically being served.

Okay, I think I fixed it now.

80) Add the ability to press CTRL+C in the save/replace/all text parser GUIs to quickly clear the text box (like KQ1VGA and KQ2VGA).

81) If you cast Detect Magic in Aziza's alley it should say:  "There is a magical aura around the door."

85) Clicking Ugarte's P&C tree topics: "Service>Water>Something else" will take you back to the main tree. Instead, clicking 'Something Else' should take you back to the "Water" sub-branch.

86) If you keep re-entering the alley screen with the open door (with Zayishah inside), the game will keep saying "You see an open door" followed by Mayzun's bark. Instead, it should only display these 2 messages the first time you enter the screen when the door is open.

98) Can you put this line at the very top of the LOOK script for hotspot 2 (the ancient doors) in room 233:

Code: Select all

if(character[EGO].y<125) {DisplayAtY(27, "You can see something that appears deliberately fashioned across the brink, but you cannot tell what it is from where you are standing."); return;}
Also look at hotspot 2's INTERACT scrript for the text: "You can't reach the doors from up here." And change it to: "You can't reach from up here."

99) Can you re-import these frames over the Terrorsaurus dazzled animations in the BATTLE>TERRORSAURUS folder in the sprite manager? (slots 8426, 8427, 8428, 8429, and 8430). The last 2 frames had pink pixels in them:

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#131 Post by MacGyver » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:15 pm

Lovely...more updates.

Looks like some of the newly fixed bugs rely on other conditions to happen. Eg Bug 1 and 73

They Call Me Brutus
Peasant Status

#132 Post by They Call Me Brutus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:00 pm

It brings me great joy to see the continuous effort on this game, despite many years past since the release of QFG5. I urge the designers to continue work at whichever pace suits them best, and I thank them greatly for keeping the community alive.

antonyo
Royal Servant Status

#133 Post by antonyo » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:00 am

Having a bit of knowledge in coding, I appreciate these post, Erpy. These last updates not only gave us an insight on how tedious and hairpulling it is to correct the bugs for a game of this scale, it also show how dedicated you are at polishing a game like qfg2vga, probably more dedicated than they were at Sierra in the golden days. I hope to see more.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#134 Post by DonQuixote » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:38 am

Great update.  I always love seeing these and reading through them.  This is a unique experience, to be able to read about the game while it's in the works; thank you.

rich_eter
Peasant Status

#135 Post by rich_eter » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:47 pm

Erpy, you mentioned the Dervish close up talking sprites... does that mean that while you have the portrait of a character talking, you also have a talking animation for the sprite of the character itself?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#136 Post by Erpy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:50 pm

For some characters (like Ali Chica, Keapon Laffin, Ali Fakir and the Dervish), their in-game sprite also animates while they're talking. Of course, most of the times the in-game sprite is obscured by the dialogue portrait or the textbox next to it, but fortunately not always.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#137 Post by Erpy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:28 am

We're slowly approaching the point where new bugs don't appear in greater numbers as we eliminate existing ones. We've managed to keep productivity high the upcoming weeks. Some samples of work that's been done recently.

1) If Rocky is approaching you in the alleys and you have your mouse hovering over an alley exit, and then press CTRL-R, the message about being up to your compass in elementals (or the one about buying a map first) appear in the borderless text-box GUI.

3) In room5, it's possible for the wandering plaza guard to walk to 160, 154 and just stand there till you leave the screen (or click TALK on him). It's also possible for the guard to stop at 63, 175 in room5 and do the same thing.

10) When you suck the air elemental into the bellows, the air elemental still seems slightly misaligned to the bellows. When the air elemental is being sucked sideways, the bottom of its funnel should be matched perfectly with the tip of the bellows.

18) As a fighter, if you kill Khaveen while he's disarmed, then after the battle GUIs scroll down, Khaveen's body gets displaced by a few pixels.

19) The hero seems a bit too large at the top of the atechamber stairs in room 211. Change the scaling level of walkable area 4 to 90%. And after Khaveen has been dealt with, make sure that the hero is NOT set to ignore scaling when he's standing on the lower area (i.e. when he's on walkable areas 1, 2, or 4).

22) If you dismount the saurus in the oasis and then exit the screen and re-enter over the northern dune, the dune gets drawn in front of the saurus for a few moments.

23) Add sounds for Fighter's Khaveen battle:

When both Khaveen and the hero get disarmed, use sound 39.

When their swords fall and hit the ground, use sound 760.

When both Khaveen and the hero unmercifully kill the other, use the stab sound (sound 724) and also the relevant character's death cry, both playing on separate channels.

28) When the hero pulls his blanket back over himself after the rat pulls it off him in the Blue parrot inn bedroom, play sound 744.

45) In Rakeesh's lines in room 71 (also in his dialogue trees for that room) change all instances of 'don't' to 'do not'.

46) When riding your saurus and you click the WALK button from the special actions menu, the menu disappears but the arrow remains as a pointer instead of changing back to the 'saurus walk' icon.

47) While standing in the Shapeir Gates plaza, if you click the Map inv item on the hero and then click in the gates plaza again, Sitar's music will stop playing. This might also occur in other places when you click the same icon for where you already are located (such as sitar's music at night in the Katta's Tail Inn).

48) When Talking to the marching Shaperian palace guards, you can make all their talking GUIs appear by clicking TALK on the guards from anywhere in the screen. Shouldn't it require that the hero be standing close to the guard he wishes to speak to first (like you do with guards wandering the plazas)? Also, they don't turn to face the hero when they talk to him (and the hero doesn't turn to face them either).

59) Should we move the wandering plaza guard/NPC code to the repeatedly_execute_always script, rather than the rep_exec one?

73) Should Shema have an "Omar" topic under her 'Daily News' branch on days when the poet appears at the inn (like Shameen does)?

74) When you ask Rakeesh about "Challenge" via his P&C tree, when he stops speaking, the dialogue tree menu just dissapears, rather than going back to the menu and requiring you to click 'Enough Already' first.

83) When trying to restore one of my earlier savegames, I received this fatal crash:
Error: run_text_script1: error -6 running function 'on_key_press':
Error: Array index out of bounds (index: 20, bounds: 0..19)
in Global script (line 13133)
...This crash happened when I pressed ENTER to restore the game, but it also occurs when you click on the "restore" button with the mouse. I had 23 savegames (not including slots 150,151, and 199).

And also, if I try to save over an earlier save slot, I get this fatal crash (again, can happen both when pressing ENTER ot clicking the "Save" button):

Error: run_text_script1: error -6 running function 'interface_click':
Error: Array index out of bounds (index: 21, bounds: 0..19)
in Global script (line 17948)
90) If you store your compass in your room chest and then press backspace, make the message say "You will need to retrieve your compass from the chest in your room first."

104) If you are overweight when you enter Aziza's house, the game sets the hero to walk mode and then also resets his walking speed to normal. Ensure that the hero remains overweight and slowed down if he's overweight when he enters Aziza's house.

112) When the Water Elemental is in the fountain, you can place a waterskin at both ends of the fountain. The game should only let you place one waterskin trap at a time.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#138 Post by Kurdt » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:28 pm

Every time I look at this page, I think, "Damn. Well, at least we're not the only ones with 6 jillion pages of retarded bugs." :lol

shayolden
Peasant Status

#139 Post by shayolden » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:16 pm

wow, ive been coming here for about 5 years now and i'm amazed at the progress being made. cant wait.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#140 Post by Erpy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:02 pm

A few more before they get tossed off the list and we forget about them...

9) Start a new game. From Shapeir overlook, run one screen down and the room will scroll up and down with the hero's movement, rather than being locked in place. The same thing can happen when you exit left or right from the oasis screen. Seems to happen for many desert screens throughout the game.

This is a phantom bug. It only happens if you do a battle test prior to entering the desert. I've nevertheless fixed it up.

11) Just after retrieving your sword in the Khaveen battle, as Khaveen swings the sword over your head, there should be a swoosh sound.

14) When you have Khaveen at your mercy, you should also be able to kill him by pressing the swing or stab combat hotkeys.

16) I started a new game and warped to room 213 and finished the game as a magic user so I could see the end ceremony. After Zayishah spoke for the hero, the script stopped running and the EYE icon (and all others) became available. Is this something that could affect the end ceremony during normal gameplay?

18) If Khaveen kills you after waiting too long for you to yield, then after the hero falls and dies you can still click the HAND icon to bring up the menu, and then retrieve your sword again.

19) If you store your broadsword in your room chest and then go to Issur, it's possible to buy the fine sword, and the message says that you trade in your old sword, even though you don't have it with you. Make it so that the fine sword cannot be purchased if your broadsword is currently stored in the room chest.

22) In the alleys, it's possible to receive the "You are so exhausted everything you do hurts..." message in a borderless textbox if the mouse is hovering over an alley exit when that message appears. Also fix this for other messages like:

"You're getting tired"
"You're exhausted from lack of sleep"
"You're getting hungry"
All the messages about being thirsty.
"Your reversal spell is wearing off"
"Your reversal spell has worn off"
"You hear a strange noise approaching."
"The strange noise seems to be coming closer..."

..and any other auto-timer messages that you can think of.

25) Shameen's bark on day 15 about Uhura having a note for the hero at the guild hall, is currently based on the hero buying a saurus since it follows on from Shameen's prior message about Aziza wanting to see the hero. However, if the Fighter didn't buy the saurus (and Shameen doesn't say the bark about Aziza), then can you make Shameen say this alternate bark instead:

"It is said that Uhura at the Guild Hall has a message for you, Hero-friend."

27) When Rakeesh loans the hero Soulforge in the Adventurer's Guild, the fire sound doesn't seem to play when he holds it up and the sword flames.

32) When Shema barks about Sashanan having the Katta Sapphire Pin for you, the conditions for Shema barking about it are based on the time being before sunset, the water elemental being defeated, and the hero not having the pin already in his inventory. However, this means if the player already received the pin and then stored it in their chest (or dropped it) then Shema will start saying he should visit Sashanan again. Like Kiram's bark about the pin, Shema's bark should also be based on the got_pin==0 variable, rather that the character[GetPlayerCharacter()].inv[47]==0 one.

34) When clicking soulforge on the Dervish, this should act like clicking the normal sword on him. The same goes for clicking soulforge on all other characters in the game.

74) When you ask Rakeesh about "Challenge" via his P&C tree, when he stops speaking, the dialogue tree menu just disappears, rather than going back to the menu and requiring you to click 'Enough Already' first.

Now his dialogue picture seems to remain on when the P&C tree re-appears after clicking away the 'challenge' text.

I wasn't able to replicate this one.

Using this quicksave, simply click TALK on Rakeesh, click his "Challenge" topic and then when he stops speaking, you'll see his dialogue picture is still visible behind the dialogue tree. I guess it depends on which particular message he says. Maybe a Wait(1); is needed after he says each line and before the dialogue tree re-appears again.

Right, I only tested the sword-replies and forgot about the dagger-specific one. It was indeed the wait-function I ommitted. It's fixed now.

153) As a fighter, I pushed Addy out the window and then at the time of the end ceremony I had finished the game with 483 points. After I finished and the "Congratulations" message appeared in the post end ceremony screen, the game said I had earned 533 out of 500 points. This only happened if I accepted Paladinhood. If I declined it, I still maintained 483 of 500 points.

The 50 "paladin points" you get during the game are nothing more than ordinary points that are only added to your points score if you actually become a paladin. Otherwise, they're not relevant. It was like this in the original game too, I believe. The maximum points should be updated though.

Replayed the original and verified it that as a paladin with the perfect score you get 550 of 550 points. If you become a paladin, your paladin points get added to the score.

Did a quick fighter playthrough focussed on the points. I came up 3 points short. I missed out on 10 points due to getting a scorpion tail and ghoul claw were good for 5 points each, but I forgot to implement it. (It is implemented now.) The water room in the forbidden city gave 7 points too much. (it gives you 7 points for crossing the river, 7 points for blocking the hole and 7 points for leaving as the hole is blocked...one of those will have to go, I'll replay the EGA scene to figure out which and correct it before re-uploading the source)

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#141 Post by Paladinlover » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:39 pm

You're doing great guys. :)

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

Lambonius
Knight Status

#142 Post by Lambonius » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:22 pm

Awesome, a new list!  And so soon after I last checked the boards (earlier this afternoon.)  Why so frequently, you ask?  Papers, my friends, papers.  God bless the very human art of procrastination.   :p

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#143 Post by DonQuixote » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:34 am

Did anyone ever get a perfect score in QG2?  It's something I never pulled off and just assumed there was an error like in QG3.

Rankao
Peasant Status

#144 Post by Rankao » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:44 am

Impressive, it looks like you guys have made some insane accomplishes, and I have to agree with the other people bug fixing updates is likely the most interesting i've seen in a forum for quit some time.

greensenshi
Knight Status

#145 Post by greensenshi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:02 am

DonQuixote wrote:Did anyone ever get a perfect score in QG2?  It's something I never pulled off and just assumed there was an error like in QG3.
I'm pretty sure I've gotten a perfect score with all three classes.  PM me what class and I'll see if I can't do it and give a screenshot if you're interested.

Lambonius
Knight Status

#146 Post by Lambonius » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:37 am

Rankao wrote: bug fixing updates is likely the most interesting i've seen in a forum for quit some time.
Agreed.

I bet the developers didn't see THAT one coming.  One man's trash... ;)

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#147 Post by Paladinlover » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:39 am

So just one question... is a summer 2008 release out of the question?

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#148 Post by Erpy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:30 am

Dunno, PL. I promised myself not to give any more release dates estimates. I have no idea how long beta testing's gonna take and when it's gonna start. The buglist is starting to slowly stagnate though.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Points in Quest for Glory

#149 Post by Brainiac » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:55 am

DonQuixote wrote:Did anyone ever get a perfect score in QG2?  It's something I never pulled off and just assumed there was an error like in QG3.
It is indeed possible to get a perfect score with any class in QfG2, except for a Thief-to-Paladin.  Any regular class can get all 500 points specific to the class, but only Fighters and Wizards can get the full 550 points when becoming a Paladin.

QfG3 is indeed the only title where most classes cannot get full points.  A Fighter that becomes a Paladin can break 500 but will still not make 550; however, a character that is a Paladin from the start can actually get 500 points EXACTLY ON THE NOSE due to the fact that it was forgotten to remove the points for the first slaying of the various randomly-encountered enemies in the game (those points should only be for the Fighter).

I have indeed gotten perfect scores for all three main character types and a Fighter-to-Paladin (honestly, it's actually harder to get keep a Wizard from converting if you want to get full points).

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#150 Post by Paladinlover » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:43 am

Ooh, I just remember this right now.

Remember a long, long time ago you people once mentioned something about killing the Griffin not being able to cancel out your chances of becoming a Paladin? Did you impliment that change? Not that it would matter in my case since after I discovered that the Griffin is supposedily a 'peaceful' creature I left it alone... unless I intended to be a pure fighter cahracter, by which then I'd clean it's clock. :p

Till next time stay cool :cool: