Greetings!!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Chief
Knight Status

Greetings!!

#1 Post by Chief » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:34 am

(and thank you for activating me on here!)

I just wanted to introduce myself briefly and say that I am glad this site is here and happy to have found it!!
Thank you for your monumental efforts AGDI team! i know how these projects can be and i wish you the best of luck on the home stretch!!!

I am a big QFG fan from years ago and I also helped (along with the founder Cie Sharp) contribute to the fan campaign to help bring QFGV to life after Sierra had cancelled the series.
[ if anyone wants to read about that saga you can click here:
http://qfg.info/coalition.html ]

I also have a QFG website called the Hero's Tale Inn, which you may have come across before. Sorry to say it is very much out of date, but i decided to keep it as a tribute.
http://qfg.info/qfgindex.html

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:47 am

Hey Ravi. I remember you from the Sierra QFG community from way back in 1997 when that place was a thriving and bustling community. Heh, your site was one of my most frequently visited bookmarks, and I believe you were even on my ICQ list at some point. :)

Anyhow, good to see that you've found your way here and thanks for the comments.  Despite the lack of updates, I have a feeling that a lot of people in the QFG community still check your page every now and then. So when our QFG2 remake's released, maybe you'll consider bringing your QFG page temporarily out of retirement and helping let the masses know when the game's out!

Chief
Knight Status

#3 Post by Chief » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:32 am

HI!

glad that someone recalls those times.. good memory man!!  :)

i still have the same ICQ # so feel free to add me!

Oh and don't worry i plan to promote the remake on my site as well as any other way I can!!

thanks and talk to you soon!!

Jack Sawyer
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Jack Sawyer » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:37 am

I found your site shortly after I found this one (again.. months before I joined up though) and was playing through QFG again after a long hiatus.  Alot of the stuff in it kidna helped in parts.  Thanks :D

Edit:  oh yeah, and I'm REALLY glad you helped get QFG5 out there.  I know some people didn't like parts of it, but in alot of ways I thought it brought things to qFG it always could have had,and I still loved playing it tons. :D

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#5 Post by Gronagor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:55 am

I remember the coalition vaguely. I remember I got quite a few people to send their requests. Wow. It's been long!
(Wasn't a 'member' of the group back then... hmmm... there's quite a few familiar names on the fan-bios page!)

Chief
Knight Status

#6 Post by Chief » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:28 pm

Hey Jack,
Glad you found the site useful.. one of these days i'll try to add more stuff to it, or at least clean it up a bit... but probably after the remake is released.

Looking back, i can't believe we actually influenced them to release QFGV but i think it did pretty well for its time.  those were great days indeed!!!

Jack Sawyer wrote:I found your site shortly after I found this one (again.. months before I joined up though) and was playing through QFG again after a long hiatus.  Alot of the stuff in it kidna helped in parts.  Thanks :D

Edit:  oh yeah, and I'm REALLY glad you helped get QFG5 out there.  I know some people didn't like parts of it, but in alot of ways I thought it brought things to qFG it always could have had,and I still loved playing it tons. :D

Chief
Knight Status

#7 Post by Chief » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:28 pm

Right on! thank you for your help.. its cool that some of the people who were around then are still here :)
Gronagor wrote:I remember the coalition vaguely. I remember I got quite a few people to send their requests. Wow. It's been long!
(Wasn't a 'member' of the group back then... hmmm... there's quite a few familiar names on the fan-bios page!)