Notification systems

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

mike4263
Peasant Status

Notification systems

#1 Post by mike4263 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:12 pm

Hey guys, patiently awaiting the release of the game like a good little gamer.  But I did want make a suggestion \ request.

Would it be possible for you guys to implement an RSS file for the front page?  I end up checking up on the webpage 2-3 times per week, only to be disappointed by the lack of updates.  It doesn't have to be RSS either, you guys could use a newsletter or a mass forum announcement, anything that would send out an email really.  I would hate to find out about the game's release on some random blog after spending 4+ years tracking its development (has it really been that long already...).

Anyway, keep up the good work guys!  I know its gonna be awesome whenever its ready.

-mike

greensenshi
Knight Status

#2 Post by greensenshi » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:16 pm

I believe they have covered the fact of the lack of updates being that there's nothing to report to update.  They're working on bug fixes, then it will be time for beta-testing.

Edit:  They also have a newsletter that you can subscribe to on their main page.  I don't know how up to date it is though.

mike4263
Peasant Status

#3 Post by mike4263 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:37 pm

Yea, I know that theres nothing to report now in the intermediate.  But eventually there will updates regarding the beta testing and final release, etc.

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication.  Its that little orange icon you see on most pages nowadays (Firefox calls them Live Bookmarks).  Its basically just an easy way to tell that a site has been updated.  Its the same technology that makes podcasts and blog readers possible.  There are variety of ways to use them, my personal favorite being R-Mail which sends any updates directly to your email.

-mike[/url]

mike4263
Peasant Status

#4 Post by mike4263 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:48 pm

That newsletter looks like it hasn't been updated in eons...

-mike

gamecreator
Knight Status

#5 Post by gamecreator » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:12 pm

I'm sure that those who are signed up for the newsletter will get an email once the game is released.