It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:05 pm 
Forum Administrator

The racism involved a couple of messages, rather than actual themes. They were cut from later builds of the game.

I can't imagine the Coles went after him, since the Coles don't own the QFG intellectual property though I did hear Sierra told him to cease and desist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:48 pm 
Royal Servant Status

I'm sorry, you're right it was Sierra.  Atleast from what rumors I heard a long time ago.

EDIT:  Speaking of 4.5.  I just played through it again for fun and I can not find the answer through google.  IF you have played the game, how do you save the butcher?  I got the gloves and note but no idea what to do with them.  I have even killed the guy who killed the ghost in the church.  

Edit Edit:  Never mind I figured it out.  You need to give the gloves to Otto.  I paid off the lawyer too and have a score of 513 out of 500 lol.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:08 pm 
Infamous Sheik of Australia

For all it's crappy parts, I think the author deserves some credit for actually putting together a fully playable game in the QFG style. Yeah, it's not awesome and nowhere near the length of a real QFG game, but it was a fun little diversion from the mundane and it would have taken him a while to get it all together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:25 am 
Knight Status

It was like Larry meets the hero from QFG's retarted brother, fun all the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:17 pm 
Royal Servant Status

Klytos wrote:
For all it's crappy parts, I think the author deserves some credit for actually putting together a fully playable game in the QFG style. Yeah, it's not awesome and nowhere near the length of a real QFG game, but it was a fun little diversion from the mundane and it would have taken him a while to get it all together.

I think he does too.  But nowhere near the length?  I think it was atleast 60% the length.  If you complete all parts, including killing the murderer and paying the lawyer, it takes some time to build cash and stats to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:36 pm 
Forum Administrator

I don't believe the game has a stat system...I've heard the stat screen is simply a picture instead of a GUI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:12 pm 
The Enigma

Erpy wrote:
I don't believe the game has a stat system...I've heard the stat screen is simply a picture instead of a GUI.

It's got a minor stat system. You can build up certain attributes like strength, stealth, magic and agility but many others are ignored. I haven't played it in a while so I'm not sure what stats are covered but there are certain parts where you need a high strength level to beat someone in a fight and good stealth to steal items at night.

If you exclude some of the content, QFG4.5 is a very well made game when you look at the engine. It has a decent fighting system which works in a similar way to QFG1VGA.