QfG Outfit

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#26 Post by DonQuixote » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:27 am

Rankao wrote:
Kurdt wrote:Nah, they say it's RUMORED to be her final resting place. No one actually ever knew what happened to Erana.
well she actually does say that "Her final resting place is due north of town"  now the real question is... Was that simply her final resting place before leaving spielburg, or where she is thought to be lie dead.

Thats just my interpretations.
Could be.  Any information that comes from dialogue has an excuse for error- the character.  When you request her to be your sponsor in the WIT, even they aren't sure where she is.  Given how much dialogue actually occurs in all of the games and given how deep the plot actually is, I think Lori Cole did a great job keeping it all together so well, as a whole.

Shame that a novelization was never done.  That was one of the reasons I really liked Betrayal at Krondor and Return to Krondor, it was based off of characters, maps, and history from Raymond E. Feist's books and the games themselves were later novelized and added to the book series.

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

Erana is everybody.

#27 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:31 pm

I thought Erana was everywhere. Like Elvis.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#28 Post by Kurdt » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:24 pm

Well, like I said, you get varying opinions in the same game. Zara seems to not have a doubt (which would play into her somewhat elitist character; of course she thinks Erana's buried here, it would mean she lives in the valley where Erana was buried), but people like Erasmus and the Sheriff say it's just rumor. And again, like I said, not even WIT knows where she is, and since they basically made one game right after the other and Erana was a huge part of their overreaching plot, I'd say they pretty much knew what they were doing the whole time.

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

Elvis = Erana

#29 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:28 pm

You see? Covered in speculation.  Just like the King.  Maybe she's not even dead?

---------------------------------
aywhoawhoahyeah.com - The legacy begins

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#30 Post by Boogeyman » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:35 am

She SAID she was dead. Besides, we saw her in Hades in QFG5

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

Hades...

#31 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:37 am

A ruse perhaps?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Piotyr

#32 Post by Brainiac » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:27 pm

avoozl snot wrote:Consider also that news of Erana's true fate would have trouble getting out: I believe Piotyr was the only survivor of the battle with Avoozl and the cult, and he only wrote about it in the Adventurer's Guild logbook (his own family thought he had deserted him when he went seeking the rituals). The townspeople's general xenophobia after the cult incidents, coupled with the physical and magical isolation from Katrina's respective rain and farsee-blocking magics, explain a general lack of communication with the world outside the valley and the failure of Erana's story to reach it.
It wasn't Piotyr's family, it was his beloved Magda's family.  As far as I know, he was affianced, not married.  As far as I know, Mordavia wasn't cut off immediately after the battle against the Cult; Katrina wasn't already there.  The last timeline estimation I saw put 75 years between Piotyr and Erana's last stands and The Dark Master cutting off Mordavia.

Basically, my thoughts on the reason there was little knowledge of Erana's fate was the general distrust of magic in Mordavia meant there were no real resident Wizards to communicate with the outside world.  Couple that with the fact that the only "survivor" of the battle was a man considered a coward who deserted responsibility by the community and you can understand why they never talked about it.

Soulforge
Peasant Status

Re: Piotyr

#33 Post by Soulforge » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:35 pm

Brainiac wrote:Basically, my thoughts on the reason there was little knowledge of Erana's fate was the general distrust of magic in Mordavia meant there were no real resident Wizards to communicate with the outside world.  Couple that with the fact that the only "survivor" of the battle was a man considered a coward who deserted responsibility by the community and you can understand why they never talked about it.
Exactly- Piotyr was the only survivor and thus was the only person left to tell of how she died.  Given the circumstances of his leaving and later returning, it's only natural to assume that nobody would believe a word that came out of his mouth.  Piotyr never left Mordavia and thus wouldn't have spread word that she died and the dark magic leaking out of the cave would have shrouded the valley in a magical fog that would obscure it- hence the Erasmus' fuzzy crystal ball reception in Devon's dreams and WIT's lack of knowledge of Erana's whereabouts.

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

Erana

#34 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:17 pm

So what? You're saying that there's Erana impersonators? And an Erana fest where you can buy fake sideburns to stick to your face? Hmm this is starting to not make a lot of sense....

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#35 Post by Boogeyman » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:23 pm

It's YOU who isn't making any sense.

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

not making sense

#36 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:54 pm

yeah, that's sort of what I was implying  :rollin

AYWHOAWHOAYEAH.COM

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Erana

#37 Post by Brainiac » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:31 pm

Slarty Bardfast wrote:So what? You're saying that there's Erana impersonators? And an Erana fest where you can buy fake sideburns to stick to your face? Hmm this is starting to not make a lot of sense....
You're a complete moron.

You put on fake Vulcan-style ears to impersonate Erana, not sideburns. :lol