Original KQ game?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

SierraFan110
Peasant Status

Original KQ game?

#1 Post by SierraFan110 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:41 pm

Hey

I think you guys are very talented. I was wondering if you'll ever develop an original KQ game, like perhaps something that takes place between KQ2 and KQ3 or something based on the novels maybe?

adeyke

#2 Post by adeyke » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 pm

That's not going to happen.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 am

Well, Daniel (our writer) has written a plot and story for a future KQ game that takes place after Mask of Eternity which is intended to resolve "The Father" storyline between Morgeilen and Graham.  

Unfortunately, we can't afford to put any more time into free games, so it doesn't seem like it will ever come to fruition.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:42 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Well, Daniel (our writer) has written a plot and story for a future KQ game that takes place after Mask of Eternity which is intended to resolve "The Father" storyline between Morgeilen and Graham.  

Unfortunately, we can't afford to put any more time into free games, so it doesn't seem like it will ever come to fruition.
Why don't you make a proposal to VU for a commercial KQ IX? You've proven yourself nearly thrice now and you already have it written.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:29 am

What I believe was written was an idea, not a game design doc. That's a difference almost as big as China.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#6 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 am

AFAIK, he's written the entire thing in novel/story form, but never converted it to game design doc format.  I don't know if the story was fully completed, though.

As for Vivendi taking it up, well, it's not official KQ canon, so I don't know if they would, even if they did allow such a commercial project.

kosch
Royal Servant Status

Re: Original KQ game?

#7 Post by kosch » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:44 am

has anyone else heard rumors of a lost KQ1 in vga? i read that sierra made one but never finished it or something like that. :/

i'm in favor of agdi doing original games. i think they've definitely proven themselves as good as sierra when it comes to making adventure games. Not so sure about kings quest though. Unless it was something way out there, like kings quest 7 was. Have you heard of the silver lining? i downloaded the beta today, its very buggy heh. but i guess it has potential.