Beta testing has started

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Broomie
The Enigma

#51 Post by Broomie » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:44 pm

Congratulations! I wish the team and the testers luck in squashing as many bugs as possible to make the game a pleasurable experience. A game of this magnitude is going to need a lot of work to make it the masterpiece it deserves to be. :)

BeerNutts
Peasant Status

#52 Post by BeerNutts » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:53 pm

Fribbi wrote:So I will just wait for the game like everybody because I can't test it because I can't install those games since I got no floppies wich I have told you about before :cry ..But I am pretty sure I can find more error wich the beta testers didn't found before when it will be finally released. :p  

....oh why not?, I have waited so long after this so fill me in in beta testers list  I' want to try it out too. I have very keen eye if you haven't forgot.
Fribbi, you're still as confusing as always.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#53 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:55 am

I can agree that.

What I ment...I got no idea...oh wait... :o

just kidding. :lol

I can test the game even I still cant't play the original EGA game. Well at least I know what I'm suppose to do in that game. :\

...oh forget what I said then.  :cry I know I need the original to test it out...I'll just wait more again and hopefully will beta test takes only a half year. Oh please god, don't make me wait for it in a another year after this. :eek

Hey wait a minute..why am I praying to god? I still remember you put a ban on him on this forum when he was here with you. :p

Bobbin Threadbare
Royal Servant Status

#54 Post by Bobbin Threadbare » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:56 am

Hi, I just wanted to drop by some notes...
Anyway, I've just created a new nick here, don't know what happens to my old one back when AGDI still known as Tierra.

I've submitted my beta application about a week or so ago and using the same name as my nick here. I hope it won't be a problem here, but if it does; is there a way to submit my real name in secure? Or do I have to submit new application again?

And I can't wait to try to help u guys finding out bugs since I have my share of experience throughout all series. As for the preparation, I can play again QFG1 in a flash to prepare import data (although I might already have it somewhere on my hdd) and QFG2 to refresh my memory again. And since QFG2 was the most chapter I've played alot, it should be no problem to indicate flaws in your beta. (kinda curious if hero still can go back to Shapeir from Raseir, because I can do that in the original... :lol: )
Have played all characters since thief can do special stealing stuff that wasn't possible on other class (especially on one particular place in the alley of Shapeir) and how the hero deals with the final battle differs greatly between each class.

Although now I have jobs and responsibilities I can't neglect, I will do what I can with my remaining time at home or Saturday-Sunday.

Btw, let me know about it. :D

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#55 Post by Erpy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:15 am

Hi.

If we end up picking you, there'll be an opportunity to decide what we refer you to and what you'll be credited under. If you're not picked then it's all a moot point anyhow.

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

The Credits

#56 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:13 am

Even if I don't get picked, would you put me in the credits anyhow? :hat

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#57 Post by Erpy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:17 am

Yeah, that's a good idea. We can't play favourites though, so we'll have to add everybody who applied and everybody who wanted to apply but didn't have time. We'll make the credits non-skippable too.  :hat

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#58 Post by Thyme in Lost » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:07 am

Erpy wrote:Yeah, that's a good idea. We can't play favourites though, so we'll have to add everybody who applied and everybody who wanted to apply but didn't have time. We'll make the credits non-skippable too.  :hat

Make sure you also have the credit play every time you start the game.
or save...
or load...
:evil

jpnuar1
Knight Status

#59 Post by jpnuar1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:58 pm

Thyme in Lost wrote:
Erpy wrote:Yeah, that's a good idea. We can't play favourites though, so we'll have to add everybody who applied and everybody who wanted to apply but didn't have time. We'll make the credits non-skippable too.  :hat

Make sure you also have the credit play every time you start the game.
or save...
or load...
:evil
Say, that gives me an idea! Could you have the credits play while waiting for night to fall in Rasier? It'd sure beat just standing around checking the in-game time every five minutes...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#60 Post by Erpy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Only if you think it's an improvement over the way it's currently handled in our game.

avoozl snot
Royal Servant Status

#61 Post by avoozl snot » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:31 am

I also put in a submission (within a few hours of this thread being posted, heh) as Lauren. I had an old Tierra board name, but like Bobbin, can't remember the handle. But I do have memories of requesting a fighting saurus in Raseir, back around 2001(!). I have been lurking and reading the posts for quite a while, and the fact that the game has reached beta is really something commendable.

This is such a great project and I'd be really thrilled to help in any way.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#62 Post by Fribbi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:53 am

Only if you think it's an improvement over the way it's currently handled in our game.
Erpy, Quest for glory 2 VGA is not your game. Vivendi Studio are still the copyright owner.

And I have a great news. I managed to get both Quest for glory 1 and 2 from the internet on EGA version so I can now fully test your game with it now. But like I said I would really like to try the game and test it out. I have always plenty of time for it.  :D

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#63 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:12 am

Hah. That was a contradicting post principle-wise if I ever saw one.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#64 Post by Gronagor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:03 am

Fribbi wrote: Erpy, Quest for glory 2 VGA is not your game. Vivendi Studio are still the copyright owner.
Fribbi wrote:And I have a great news. I managed to get both Quest for glory 1 and 2 from the internet on EGA version so I can now fully test your game with it now.
Haha. Yeah. Quite.  :lol  Almost seem like two seperate people wrote those two paragraphs.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#65 Post by Erpy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 am

Well, Fribs, since you talk about "our" game for the sake of conveniency, maybe you'll allow us the same. Even though VU owns the legal rights, I still consider the game to be our game, morally speaking at least, since we're the ones who put countless amounts of effort into it.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#66 Post by Fribbi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Haha. Yeah. Quite.    Almost seem like two seperate people wrote those two paragraphs.
Dammit! I'm still confusing people around here hahahahaha. :rollin   :o  :p  Sorry about that...and that was my first apoligize on this year...why will my failures never go away from me?  :( (Don't answer).

What I ment Quest for glory 2 VGA is of course your teamwork but you are still not the legaly owner of this game.

The game I'm currently working on is Space Quest VGA in icelandic version.  I still don't call it "my game" because I'm not the legaly owner of this game either. I'm just a fan re-creating a game wich is by someone else just like you are doing for fun.

I haven't work on it since I don't know how to do that colorthink in the intro.

I can't explaint what it is called on english. But maybe Fluxmaster can do it for me. But he understands pretty well my icelandic language.

To Fluxmaster.

I hope you are still with us and can you hopefully explain it for me what I am talking about for them. BTW have you played Space Quest 1 VGA before?

Ég er að reyna að fá litina til að glitra eða láta það virka einsog það gerist í byrjuninni í Space Quest. En ég veit ekki hvaða AGS kóða ég á að nota fyrir svoleiðis.  Ég komst reyndar að þvi að það virkar bara í 256 lita upplausn en ég er að nota 32mb  lita upplausn.  Svo ég er hræddur um að ég get alls ekki gert þetta.

Ég held ég sleppi bara þessu atriði þá ef ég finn ekki hvernig á að fara að þessu.
Last edited by Fribbi on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#67 Post by Fribbi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Aren't Himalaya Studio now rich enough to buy the copyright from them now? And when will Al Emmo be released for the computer shops? You would increase the sale then after that.  :D

PS. I would wish you have more Quest for glory avatar image. They are still so few available.  ;)

Cadbury Wookie
Royal Scribe

#68 Post by Cadbury Wookie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Isn't Himalaya Studios now rich enough to buy the copyright...
What's that? I can't hear you over my the engine of my yacht.

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#69 Post by MacGyver » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Cadbury Wookie wrote:What's that? I can't hear you over my the engine of my yacht.
I can't hear you either.... Over your what engine of your yacht?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#70 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:42 pm

:lol this thread is getting ridiculous. I applied if anyone cares to know.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#71 Post by Fribbi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:40 pm

True true.  And I thougt I was the only guy here who confuse everybody here. :lol

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

Speaking of getting ridiculous.....

#72 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:11 pm

I was thinking, would it be possible to not just put me in the credits, but to put me in the game itself? You could have a cameo. Like a poster in the alley with my picture or maybe I could be sitting in the inn at the start of the game? Or similar to the submarine that shows up once and awhile near the falls in QFG1 I could appear in various locations at certain times???? Eh? Eh?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#73 Post by Erpy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Sorry, I don't think we're handing out cameos. There's already one cameo of a certain person in the game. Not sure if he'll like it. We'll just have to find out.

Cadbury Wookie
Royal Scribe

#74 Post by Cadbury Wookie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:13 am

Not me out of my tree again, is it?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#75 Post by Erpy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:29 am

Nope.