Al Emmo, KQ Remakes, QFG2VGA on GameFaqs?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

NeoDraven
Peasant Status

Al Emmo, KQ Remakes, QFG2VGA on GameFaqs?

#1 Post by NeoDraven » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:35 pm

I, like a lot of cheap gamers, use GameFaqs a lot for Walkthroughs and FAQs on a lot of games. While I was browsing the other day, I found a message board for Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, as well as the VGA remakes for KQ1 and 2. There are no reviews there yet, no FAQs (for Al Emmo, at least; there's one for both KQVGA remakes) and no activity on the message boards except me claiming them.

I was thinking; we could probably drum up a lot more interest and traffic to this site, and consequently, to the Himalaya Studios website, so more people could buy the game, if we started making posts on those boards as well as this one. I can help by writing a review for Al Emmo and the KQVGA remakes (I'd work on the FAQ for Al Emmo, but I think the game designers could do a better job of it than me without revealing too many spoilers).

What does everyone think about this idea? Has anybody contacted the admins of GameFaqs/GameSpot to see what we'd need to do to get a message board set up there for QFG2VGA?

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Pidgeot » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:29 pm

All that really needs to be done to create a board is for the title to be added to their system, which means someone needs to submit data for it. I'm pretty sure you can do that yourself, although I don't know what it takes to get an approval.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#3 Post by Kurdt » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:34 am

He's saying the board already exists but that nobody's posted at it and is asking us to start, thereby theoretically drumming up more buzz, interest and support for AGDI and/or Himalaya. Sounds like a fine idea to me. I'm always interested in improving and informing websites on things they should know about.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Pidgeot » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:27 pm

I was referring to this part:
Has anybody contacted the admins of GameFaqs/GameSpot to see what we'd need to do to get a message board set up there for QFG2VGA?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Gamefaqs doesn't really work like that though, just because people are on a board doesn't mean it gets promoted to other users for any reason, Maybe just leaving a post there linking them to here for the real message board would be the best option.

NeoDraven
Peasant Status

#6 Post by NeoDraven » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:34 pm

I just posted a topic on the QFG2 Message Boards, directing interested fans to check out this site and see the work that ADGI has done so far. Feel free to join me there, as well, and bring more traffic here.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:42 pm

The dialogue in the remake didn't really change. Just about all the dialogue from the original is in here as QFG2 wasn't a bare-basics AGI game in terms of writing. We only added new textual stuff where we felt we had to.

Other than that, thanks for the publicity. :)

NeoDraven
Peasant Status

#8 Post by NeoDraven » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:07 pm

I guess I could have been more clear. I meant that the old, EGA version didn't have the dialogue tree that was found from QFG3 and on.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how many lines of dialogue that I've never found in the original, based on that fact.

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#9 Post by Boogeyman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:37 am

As well as in QFG1VGA.