It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Original KQ game?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:41 pm 
Peasant Status

Hey

I think you guys are very talented. I was wondering if you'll ever develop an original KQ game, like perhaps something that takes place between KQ2 and KQ3 or something based on the novels maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 pm 

That's not going to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 am 
The Prince of Shapeir

Well, Daniel (our writer) has written a plot and story for a future KQ game that takes place after Mask of Eternity which is intended to resolve "The Father" storyline between Morgeilen and Graham.  

Unfortunately, we can't afford to put any more time into free games, so it doesn't seem like it will ever come to fruition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:42 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
Well, Daniel (our writer) has written a plot and story for a future KQ game that takes place after Mask of Eternity which is intended to resolve "The Father" storyline between Morgeilen and Graham.  

Unfortunately, we can't afford to put any more time into free games, so it doesn't seem like it will ever come to fruition.

Why don't you make a proposal to VU for a commercial KQ IX? You've proven yourself nearly thrice now and you already have it written.

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:29 am 
Forum Administrator

What I believe was written was an idea, not a game design doc. That's a difference almost as big as China.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 am 
The Prince of Shapeir

AFAIK, he's written the entire thing in novel/story form, but never converted it to game design doc format.  I don't know if the story was fully completed, though.

As for Vivendi taking it up, well, it's not official KQ canon, so I don't know if they would, even if they did allow such a commercial project.

Post subject: Re: Original KQ game?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:44 am 
Royal Servant Status

has anyone else heard rumors of a lost KQ1 in vga? i read that sierra made one but never finished it or something like that. :/

i'm in favor of agdi doing original games. i think they've definitely proven themselves as good as sierra when it comes to making adventure games. Not so sure about kings quest though. Unless it was something way out there, like kings quest 7 was. Have you heard of the silver lining? i downloaded the beta today, its very buggy heh. but i guess it has potential.