It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:59 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:25 am 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:25 am
Posts: 60
Location: Karachi,Pakistan.
Here i've noticed everybody's just asking AGDI about the release of QFG2VGA or requesting them to remake some of the titles . I've seen people expects too much from the team. its good to expect from the people we love but have you guys ever thought what does AGDI expects from Us why are they remaking the games we love? why are the working so hard?As being good fans you guys should also try to find out what problems they are facing and stuff like that .... they are doing it for free but have you guys ever thought how they'll be paying for the sites and the game making cost etc etc . so its an general advise for you all that you should also show concern towards these issues and ask them if they are facing any problem regarding anything and try to help them.
Love you AGDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:09 pm 
Offline
Knight Status
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 351
I think you're focusing on a small (but vocal) minority. I'd say the majority is appreciative and considerate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:00 pm 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:40 pm
Posts: 76
So what was the $ cost $ of making this game. :)

What was the motive and reasons behind creating AGDI. :)

Who first thought about AGDI and how did he get the idea. :)

And like a good fan I am trying to find out, are you guys facing any problems and stuff like that .... :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:06 am 
Offline
Vampiric Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:54 am
Posts: 3963
Location: Newcastle, UK
Alanor. wrote:
So what was the $ cost $ of making this game. :)

What was the motive and reasons behind creating AGDI. :)

Who first thought about AGDI and how did he get the idea. :)

And like a good fan I am trying to find out, are you guys facing any problems and stuff like that .... :D


Or she... :evil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:14 am 
Offline
Defense Minister Status
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 1:07 am
Posts: 614
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
funny how people automatically assume he...

_________________
Image
Latest News and media
http://www.crystal-utada.net


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:52 am 
Offline
Saurus Salesman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:18 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: South Africa (Bloemfontein)
Well... in this case it was she AND he.

Hmmm... originally they were part of Hero6, but along the line they felt they'd rather be working on these remakes first... for two reasons. 1) Like all of us, they wanted these games in VGA, 2) They wanted to get experience on making these type of games.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:15 pm 
Offline
Knight Status
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 168
Location: USA
As has been covered in other threads, the AGDs can't accept direct donations or anything of that sort, anyhow. Being good fans is the most one can do directly in terms of the remakes.

That said, they definitely deserve support for their efforts. If you want to give them a buck, you can do it by getting another game from them. :) Al Emmo, their first commercial effort, is available at the Himalaya Store.

(I know most of you have probably seen plenty of links to Al Emmo by now, but I feel obligated to plug whenever someone brings up the topic of supporting AGDI. We may not be able to support AGDI directly, but we can support Himalaya.)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:58 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:35 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Prague
AsianMusicGuy wrote:
funny how people automatically assume he...

Funny how people automatically assume an assumption on the part of the pronoun's user, instead of a simple mindless habit.
We express our thoughts in the language we learnt [1] - even when the process of putting our thoughts in words changes the intended meaning into something slightly else.

IOW, never attribute to malice what can be attributed to ignorance.

[1] case in point: firefox's spill chucker marks "learnt" as incorrect.
It *is* incorrect, in american english. But I learnt british in school ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:28 pm 
Offline
Saurus Salesman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:18 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: South Africa (Bloemfontein)
Hehe. Rather say what I would have said... 'He has one less letter to type than she, and much shorter than person. Rather laziness than malice.' That's good enough for me. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:23 pm 
Offline
Royal Vizier Status
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 2047
Location: Somewhere in Ohio...
Plus in English "he" is typically considered the default pronoun due to a lack of a gender-neutral one.

_________________
There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!

Official Member of the VGL Street Team
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:00 pm 
Offline
Knight Status

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:12 pm
Posts: 174
Brainiac wrote:
Plus in English "he" is typically considered the default pronoun due to a lack of a gender-neutral one.


English has "they" (or as an object, "them"), which is used in both plural and singular cases (distinguished by context). I sometimes use "s/he" informally or "he or she" formally if "they" wouldn't work. " or she" is seven extra characters, which takes longer to count than it does to type. =P
For possessive singular and plural gender-neutral, there's "their". But nobody bothers learning how to use that correctly anymore, including native English-speakers. :\


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:04 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 33
Location: New Jersey
Brainiac wrote:
Plus in English "he" is typically considered the default pronoun due to a lack of a gender-neutral one.


It's true. Some people say "they" instead, but that's also incorrect. And if you say, "he or she," it can get tiring to read after seeing it more than a couple times in a row, so you can't win. We should really get on that gender-neutral pronoun thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:17 am 
Offline
Knight Status

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:12 pm
Posts: 174
Quote:
Some people say "they" instead, but that's also incorrect.


So opines most of the Usage Panel. But a great many distinguished writers and publications use it anyway. It has been so since the 1300s. (http://www.bartleby.com/64/C005/018.html)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:51 am 
Offline
Peasant Status
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 33
Location: New Jersey
There are some grammar rules that everyone just can't agree upon. I've tried avoiding the problem by just giving up and not talking, but I always wind up losing my job and my friends.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:12 am 
Offline
The Master of All Things Musical
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:57 pm
Posts: 4025
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Over grammar?

_________________
01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100101 00101110


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:24 am 
Offline
Peasant Status
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 33
Location: New Jersey
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Over grammar?

It seemed like a good idea at the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:22 am 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:53 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Dallas
Prio wrote:
Brainiac wrote:
Plus in English "he" is typically considered the default pronoun due to a lack of a gender-neutral one.


English has "they" (or as an object, "them"), which is used in both plural and singular cases (distinguished by context). I sometimes use "s/he" informally or "he or she" formally if "they" wouldn't work. " or she" is seven extra characters, which takes longer to count than it does to type. =P
For possessive singular and plural gender-neutral, there's "their". But nobody bothers learning how to use that correctly anymore, including native English-speakers. :\


There is also the oft forgotten 'one'. As in
Quote:
One dresses up on Sunday, does one not?

And $50 net dollars to anyone who can come up with the correct next line of the quote...

_________________
May I apply spices to your beard?
-- Merv


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 am 
Offline
Knight Status
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:06 am
Posts: 269
Location: USA
Of course, we could also just all avoid becoming uptight about it. He. She. Whatever. You've got to use one or the other in lieu of a gender-neutral English pronoun. Life: we're all on the Hindenburg anyway; no point arguing over an aisle seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:27 pm 
Offline
Royal Vizier Status
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 2047
Location: Somewhere in Ohio...
Muadeeb wrote:
There is also the oft forgotten 'one'. As in
Quote:
One dresses up on Sunday, does one not?

And $50 net dollars to anyone who can come up with the correct next line of the quote...

That depends on whether you want the next line from any character, the next line from the same character, the whole scene, or the MST3K version from the episode. :p

And yes, I know them all. I always liked Babylon 5.

_________________
There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!

Official Member of the VGL Street Team
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:40 pm 
Offline
Royal Servant Status

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:21 pm
Posts: 143
RC-Cola, you're very funny. I was laughing out loud just now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:39 am 
Offline
Royal Servant Status

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:15 am
Posts: 74
i could never complain about the qg2 remake. I really thought it was hopeless when sierra stopped making 2d adventure games. Im sure a lot of people here feel the same way right? I thought i'd never get to enjoy the only quest for glory that wasn't in more than 16 colors. agdi took the challenge that nobody else was ready to take. they deserve major respect in my book.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:16 pm 
Offline
Insomniac Speed Demon
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:23 pm
Posts: 1193
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
AsianMusicGuy wrote:
funny how people automatically assume he...


Not 'funny' at all, more 'logical'. Stereotypes are psychological phenomena present in everyone's minds, basically to divide our precious cognitive capacity more efficiently. Usually, it works, but 'short-cuts' in thinking produce errors like these. Unless you taught yourself to structurally counter-act on stereotypes. Even then, they still exist inside of you, you just counter them.

_________________
Image
-------
Denying people their rights because the majority votes for it is not democracy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:10 pm 
Offline
Defense Minister Status
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:22 pm
Posts: 584
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
El Ravager wrote:
Of course, we could also just all avoid becoming uptight about it.


I try not to get to worked up about things like that, but I can understand the frustration. Being a mainly male dominated industry, and having male dominated interests, it can get annoying when people assume you're either a male (online), a Lesbian (in person) or lying/faking to impress (both) because of your interests and hobbies.

I know it might seem dumb to correct people on using 'he' as the auto-pronoun, but if it helps remind people that there are girls genuinely into this stuff then I'd rather see a few people scolded online then get quizzed by elitist pricks on comic book trivia every time the subject comes up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:45 pm 
Offline
PR Director & Artist
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 8:00 am
Posts: 809
Lady Pyro wrote:
El Ravager wrote:
I try not to get to worked up about things like that, but I can understand the frustration. Being a mainly male dominated industry, and having male dominated interests, it can get annoying when people assume you're either a male (online), a Lesbian (in person) or lying/faking to impress (both) because of your interests and hobbies.



omg. You're not a lesbian? Damn. I love those. Especially the purple ones. They're so cute!

_________________
eriqchangstudio.com
Facebook Connect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What AGDI Expects From Fans?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:53 pm 
Offline
Insomniac Speed Demon
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:23 pm
Posts: 1193
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lady Pyro wrote:
El Ravager wrote:
Of course, we could also just all avoid becoming uptight about it.


I try not to get to worked up about things like that, but I can understand the frustration. Being a mainly male dominated industry, and having male dominated interests, it can get annoying when people assume you're either a male (online), a Lesbian (in person) or lying/faking to impress (both) because of your interests and hobbies.

I know it might seem dumb to correct people on using 'he' as the auto-pronoun, but if it helps remind people that there are girls genuinely into this stuff then I'd rather see a few people scolded online then get quizzed by elitist pricks on comic book trivia every time the subject comes up.


In some academic environments it's common to use 'she' more often than 'he', or interchange them here and there, which seems very 'odd' the first time you encounter it. But after that, it seems better.

_________________
Image
-------
Denying people their rights because the majority votes for it is not democracy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group