Most Anticipated Release?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

Most Anticipated Release?

#1 Post by oughtobe » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:03 am

What game were you the most anxiously waiting for to be released? QFG3 is way up there for me... It was delayed a few times, one time from from summer to october, i finally got it, at a random software etc store... do they even have those anymore? what about egghead software? ha...

But in all honesty, I think QFG2VGA is the most anticipated release ever... for me personally... I've been waiting 6 years or so, and i really thought it could be within every 6 months from the day i heard about it...

BTW I think labor day is the day they plan on releasing the game, it is probably ready before then, but they want to make sure everything goes over smoothly... I say please TAKE YOUR TIME, DON'T LISTEN to the idiots who bug you for a release date, TAKE AS LONG AS YOU WANT... shoot, i'd wait another 6 months happily... because you guys really have a chance to get the adventure community noticed, this thing could hit a million downloads, and it could put agd and adventure games in general in the forefront... hopefully people will really examine the QFG series and realize how important it is for your adventure game to incorporate a lot of features across many genres and how to do it cohesively and with a gamers mind...

I really don't think I can fully express how much this remake means to me, and I don't know whats more important, the game being released, or the game being released exactly the way AGD wants it to be released.... I really hope you guys have a beautiful labor day release, and you hit one million downloads within the first week... thank you, congratulations, and happy labor day, you guys are the best....

P.S. Sorry to sidetrack, but why did you guys change the name from Tierra? I thought it was really cool, like you guys were bringing sierra back, but it wasn't just sierra, it was the next level (letter) from sierra... I don't remember you ever really elaborating on that, sorry for bugging you if you did...

Senor Matt
Knight Status

Re: Most Anticipated Release?

#2 Post by Senor Matt » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:40 am

Yeah I always liked the name Tierra better myself and always wondered why that change happened. Was there some legal/copyright problem or something?

Tye
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Tye » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:43 am

Yes, it was mentioned that there was most definitely legal reasons for their name change.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:47 am

The name Tierra was definitely trademark infringement so it had to be changed.

JustLuke32
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by JustLuke32 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:40 am

The games that I most looked forward to in the past were Quest for Glory IV and Curse of Monkey Island. This is because Quest for Glory III and Monkey Island 2 are two of my all time favourite games.

I'm currently looking forward to Quest for Glory II VGA and A Vampyre Story. Isn't it weird how life sometimes repeats itself?