Hype shrouded in mystery

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Hype shrouded in mystery

#76 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:18 pm

I just want to add to this that the manual, the website, and other assets that are still pending may not seem important to visitors, but they are extremely important to us -- yes, even for a free game. You mentioned the 'bigger picture', and the bigger picture here is that we're not ONLY making these games for fans, but also for ourselves, and to showcase our abilities to companies such as Vivendi or other adventure game developers who might be interested. There's no way we're going to release the game prematurely and make a bad impression simply to satiate the impatience of a small minority. That's just not gonna happen!

It would be silly to assume that we're going to spend 8 years working on something without setting things up in the best possible way to showcase our capabilities to companies who might be watching what we do here. You simply don't go into these things unprepared.

Saying you don't want the manual, you don't want the website, etc. Those really aren't valid arguments, since it's a given that those elements are going to be finished before any game gets released. As Erpy mentioned, we're not going to toss a half completed game out on some forum link without a manual. You cannot really expect that. Come on, be serious here!

If you've been waiting 8 years, it won't kill you to wait a little longer. Heck, we're not obligated to release anything at all if we don't want to. Not that that's going to happen, but really, stop complaining about a free project and be glad you're getting a QFG2 remake at all. You'll get the game SOON (not soon, but SOON). Although, I'm afraid you're going to have to exercise a bit more patience. You can rant about it all you want, but it won't change a thing. Really, I'd suggest conserving your energy for something more productive, like trying to get blood from a stone!