A Big Thank you to AGDI

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Avoozl
Peasant Status

A Big Thank you to AGDI

#1 Post by Avoozl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:50 am

Just want to say thank you Adgi so much for finally doing justice to one of the greatest games ever created. Trial by Fire more than any other game deserved to be remade. It always bugged me when I played through all 4 and then finally 5 games ( once Dragon Fire was released) that the second game was EGA with a typing interface. You would play this pretty VGA remake of So You Want to be a Hero and then go to a 16 color EGA format on the next game. Even though the game was not a pretty as the others in the series it still held its own with an awesome story and game mechanics. Trail by Fire is indeed the best in the series followed by Shadows of Darkness, Dragon Fire, So You Want to be a Hero and lastly Wages of War. With all the Ultima remakes that were coming down the old pike I would often search the web in hopes that someone had the bright idea of remaking Quest for Glory 2. As always I would be meet with disapointment. Until that fateful day years ago when I cam across Tierra's web site with a VGA remake of King's Quest and saw Trial by Fire as a future project. I have to admit I feared that the remake would die just like so many fan made projects do, but with the release of Kings Quest 1 vga and then Kings Quest 2..I knew these guys were for real and my hopes were great for believing that they would see Trail by Fire through to completion. I will forever be greatful ADGI for taking the time out of thier lives to brings us a glorified version of the tremendous game that we all love.

Again thank you guys for making this possible and honoring what is truley the greatest Sierra game ever created.

So hurry up and realease the game already before Ad Avis summons Iblis and we are all screwed lol

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: A Big Thank you to ADGI

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:51 am

Epic spelling fail! ;)

Sarcasm aside, welcome. Good to see another happy customer...

Avoozl
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Avoozl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:55 am

Lol sorry half asleep.......

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Re: A Big Thank you to AGDI

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:30 am

There you go, I fixed it for ya ;)

JustLuke32
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by JustLuke32 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:32 am

How can you thank them for doing justice to Quest for Glory 2 when the remake hasn't been released and (I assume) you haven't yet played it? I mean, I am sure that the remake will be very good, but aren't you being a bit... premature?

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#6 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:33 am

JustLuke32 wrote:How can you thank them for doing justice to Quest for Glory 2 when the remake hasn't been released and (I assume) you haven't yet played it? I mean, I am sure that the remake will be very good, but aren't you being a bit... premature?
I think he just means the fact that after 8 years we haven't given up on it.

Avoozl
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Avoozl » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:16 am

ADGI said that the remake was the same as the EGA version so, in that regard I do not believe I was being premature. :)

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by arganite » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:29 am

JustLuke32 wrote:How can you thank them for doing justice to Quest for Glory 2 when the remake hasn't been released and (I assume) you haven't yet played it? I mean, I am sure that the remake will be very good, but aren't you being a bit... premature?
The following is a joke, ive had my fun :P
Actually the release has been up on the website for ten minutes now, the game rocks. Im playing as a thief :)
Last edited by arganite on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solarkid
Knight Status

#9 Post by Solarkid » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:40 am

Well, all i can say is i was SO hopeful i checked the website.

I Hate You Arganite :)

Dave

Tye
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by Tye » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:05 pm

ROFL, yea, I checked the main page too...:(

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by arganite » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Hehe, couldn't help myself.