Ok I hate asking but seriously what time...

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

glyfrahnour
Peasant Status

Re: Ok I hate asking but seriously what time...

#51 Post by glyfrahnour » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:00 pm

ive been waiting for years. one more day cant hurt. :rollin

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#52 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Spanky wrote:
Tye wrote:I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic ;) .
EDIT : If he wasn't being sarcastic...well, that would be very sad.
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I thought it was pretty obvious. Maybe I should have gone with nanoseconds instead :P
My mistake :).

haradan
Knight Status

#53 Post by haradan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:47 pm

But also, I've been a dedicated fan and trust me if there was a way to donate to this project I would have donated a lot more than $39.99 over the years...
And buying Al Emmo, even if you don't like it, is not a way of donating? :rolleyes

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#54 Post by oughtobe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:09 pm

haradan wrote:
But also, I've been a dedicated fan and trust me if there was a way to donate to this project I would have donated a lot more than $39.99 over the years...
And buying Al Emmo, even if you don't like it, is not a way of donating? :rolleyes
yes it is, and I fully planned on buying the game... But i just can't condone their choice of setting, hero, sprite and overall art design... I hope their next commercial effort really tries to move the genre forward instead of reminiscing in it...

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#55 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:12 pm

The dictionary wrote: dedication

noun
1. Complete and wholehearted fidelity.
(Note that fidelity means loyalty).

Come on, haradan! Don't you know that it takes a heck of a lot of effort to play through free games? Think of all that mouse-clicking and text-box reading he must have been subjected to! Think of the sheer number of hours he must have dedicated to playing. Think of all the bandwidth he so generously dedicated to the other torrent pirates. We're talking about a truly selfless guy here!

Oughtotbe: Well, what are you hanging around here for? You're not going to be the next Spielberg by loitering around our little two-bit forum and playing free games all your life! You've set the precedent for yourself now with your big mouth! When's your film/game going to be released? What year? What day? What time? When? You owe everyone a release date! I want to know EXACTLY when you release it so that I can pirate it and give it to all my 'taker' friends too. Bad luck if your venture capitalists decide to fold on you because you didn't generate them enough profit, I just want to see your movie ASAP and as long as I get the instant gratification of downloading it online, I'm happy to be part of your problem, rather than a contributor to the solution. Seriously, you had better release this project or I'm going to get so mad. I'll post comments all over your forum every day until you do. You should know that I don't like it when people announce things and then give up on them! Grrrrr..... Where did I put my chainsaw. >:

Solarkid
Knight Status

#56 Post by Solarkid » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Woah, i mean i disagree with Oughtobe's weak arguements, but AGC2, is that not a bit far?
I understand your anger but im not sure the guy quite deserves that...flaming.
Thing is, though what you said was a reflection of some of the stuff he was saying, some of it seemed like you were twisting his words a little...
Just my opinion though, I suppose im just not sure you should fight fire with fire.

I apologise if this pisses you off, and i might be wrong tbh, it just all seems a bit much.

Dave

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#57 Post by Erpy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:31 pm

Seeing that the original question was answered on page 1 already, I'd say this thread has served its purpose.
(click)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#58 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:34 pm

You ain't seen nothin' yet. I'm whipping out the BFG9000 next!

Hey, he said he wanted an uncensored conversation. That's exactly what he's getting! Full blood, full gore, semi-nudity, Recommended age: 15+. :evil

--EDIT--

Ah, Erpy spoiled the fun! Well, just to clarify, you can take all that as tongue in cheek. As soon as I realized it was pointless trying to talk sense into him, I just decided to have a bit of fun by using the same kind of faulty logic. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming. Nothing to see here.