QFG2 Updates

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: QFG2 Release Update

#26 Post by DrJones » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:42 pm

Sartori wrote:Yeah the only thing I'm sad about as that I already own Al EMmo/music cd/ etc and the only way I could get the poster is to.... buy it again..? :(
Only if your thief skills aren't high enough. :smokin

RC-Cola
Peasant Status

#27 Post by RC-Cola » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:43 pm

I just ordered mine. I feel like a great weight has been lifted :D

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

Re: Al Emmo & QFG2 remake

#28 Post by Gronagor » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:43 pm

cable wrote:It really got me excited and after putting off buying Al Emmo I finally decided to do it. I live in South Africa so when something has to get shipped to me I always think more than twice about it. We are one of the two countries in Africa Amazon won't ship to anymore other than via courier. I recently purchased a $25.00 book from amazon and paid $40.00 for shipping :(.
Well... with the SA post office being as pathetic as it is at this moment, you're always taking a gamble. Quite a number of letters from abroad never arrived, but none of the bigger packages got lost. But I must say some of them took 2 weeks, other 3 months. Al Emmo arrived after 3 weeks if I remember correctly.

Tehseen
Royal Servant Status

#29 Post by Tehseen » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 pm

Pablo Gonzalo wrote:The game couldn't be released at a better time for me, tomorrow is a national holiday here (Independence Day). I've got my rice crackers ready and I'm about to start brewing some coffee, I'll be up all night playing it.

EDIT: Sartori! Go fix your BTR at GTZ!
so sad............. :smokin

Sartori
Peasant Status

#30 Post by Sartori » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:46 pm

Pablo Gonzalo wrote:The game couldn't be released at a better time for me, tomorrow is a national holiday here (Independence Day). I've got my rice crackers ready and I'm about to start brewing some coffee, I'll be up all night playing it.

I've tried to get in touch with her for a while. Suffice to say, due to the wonderful nature of the USA's war on drugs, I've had a bit of a run in, and thusly was incapable of remedying anything. However, on August 20 I had sent an e-Mail with my phone number and have yet to receive a call (or an e-Mail in reply!).

Prior to my being incapacitated, the place I was renting fell victim to a grease fire. I had sent word of my phone number (I couldn't access a computer at that time) via another user I knew, but I still received no phone call.

Life has been hell for months.

Pablo Gonzalo
Peasant Status

#31 Post by Pablo Gonzalo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:04 pm

Sartori wrote:

I've tried to get in touch with her for a while. Suffice to say, due to the wonderful nature of the USA's war on drugs, I've had a bit of a run in, and thusly was incapable of remedying anything. However, on August 20 I had sent an e-Mail with my phone number and have yet to receive a call (or an e-Mail in reply!).

Prior to my being incapacitated, the place I was renting fell victim to a grease fire. I had sent word of my phone number (I couldn't access a computer at that time) via another user I knew, but I still received no phone call.

Life has been hell for months.
Well, so long as you're trying. It was just that I used to see you fairly often at the forum and you suddenly disappeared shortly before the BTR went up. Figured you'd took off.

Hope things start getting better for you.
Tehseen wrote:so sad............. :smokin
... eh?

Sartori
Peasant Status

#32 Post by Sartori » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:14 pm

Pablo Gonzalo wrote:
Well, so long as you're trying. It was just that I used to see you fairly often at the forum and you suddenly disappeared shortly before the BTR went up. Figured you'd took off.

Hope things start getting better for you.
I've been there for 8 years, I have an impeccable reputation - there's no way I'd throw it away for less than 100 dollars worth of stuff. But I'm not entirely too concerned with her lack of response, I have no issue giving her leeway to respond at her leisure, as it would be ridiculous to expect it..

Yeah, basically, shit hit the fan. A lot of shit hit the fan all at once - way too much shit than I wanted to deal with. Sigh. Yeah, things will get better with time, time will cure all issues eventually. I tried passing on a message to her after the house ordeal (which was prior to the incapacitation), but I assume she never got it.

:)

QuestVR
Peasant Status

#33 Post by QuestVR » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:36 pm

This is really friggin exciting! :rollin

El Ravager
Knight Status

#34 Post by El Ravager » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:57 pm

Eric! Haven't seen you since the good ol' days before the official Sierra forums started to suck. Awesome to see you online again. :)

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#35 Post by oughtobe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Sartori wrote:Yeah the only thing I'm sad about as that I already own Al EMmo/music cd/ etc and the only way I could get the poster is to.... buy it again..? :(
yea that sucks, I think that people who already bought the collectors edition should be able to show proof of purchase and pay some shipping and handling fees and get the promotional poster...

Also I think they should hold on to one, maybe a couple, and raffle them off to people on the board... maybe have an easter egg hunt for QFG2VGA or something? anybody else think this is a good idea? Eriq?

Eric Banyon
Peasant Status

#36 Post by Eric Banyon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:05 pm

El Ravager wrote:Eric! Haven't seen you since the good ol' days before the official Sierra forums started to suck. Awesome to see you online again. :)
Hey there, Rav. I tend to frequent completely different sections of the internet these days, so it's probably not too surprising that I don't run into people I used to know from the old days on the official QFG forums. It was actually a random visit to the new version of them that alerted me to the imminent release of this remake, though. If I hadn't wandered in there when I did, I probably wouldn't have known about this for months.

Good to see some faces I remember. :)

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#37 Post by oughtobe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:08 pm

El Ravager wrote:Eric! Haven't seen you since the good ol' days before the official Sierra forums started to suck. Awesome to see you online again. :)
Did sierra have a good presence on the web during the good old days? I thought that they never did... Because I remember checking for Sierra on the internet, back when the internet was still young and not every company had a good website, and I remember that they had a weak site and were still using their BBS...

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#38 Post by eriqchang » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:09 pm

oughtobe wrote:
yea that sucks, I think that people who already bought the collectors edition should be able to show proof of purchase and pay some shipping and handling fees and get the promotional poster...

Also I think they should hold on to one, maybe a couple, and raffle them off to people on the board... maybe have an easter egg hunt for QFG2VGA or something? anybody else think this is a good idea? Eriq?
There are a handful of signed posters that are being given away as prizes. If you feel adventurous, you can, of course, forego purchasing Al Emmo and try to win one! ;)

Eric Banyon
Peasant Status

#39 Post by Eric Banyon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:11 pm

oughtobe wrote:
Did sierra have a good presence on the web during the good old days? I thought that they never did... Because I remember checking for Sierra on the internet, back when the internet was still young and not every company had a good website, and I remember that they had a weak site and were still using their BBS...
Depends on how long ago you're talking. From 2001 to 2005 I was a member of Sierra's official forums, which used WebX format. The forums were around before then for a while too, in at least one earlier format, but I wasn't there then. They switched off to yet another type of forum in 2005, and I just really didn't like it much at all, so I kind of faded out of the place. But Quest for Glory's forums still exist, with a dedicated core of members who refuse to let the forum go stagnant.

I really didn't pay that much attention to Sierra's official website outside of their forums. I knew what I was there for and that was that, as far as I was concerned.

MagusRogue
Peasant Status

#40 Post by MagusRogue » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:12 pm

All I have to say is... Imma patient man. Patient enough to refresh the website only once every 5 minutes...

Have to say I'm gonna be so tired at work tomorrow. QG2 happens to be perhaps my favorite of the series and the first video game I ever played. It holds a special nostalgia for me. Soooo... To AGDI, THANK YOU! :hat

El Ravager
Knight Status

#41 Post by El Ravager » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm

Eric Banyon wrote:
oughtobe wrote:
Depends on how long ago you're talking. From 2001 to 2005 I was a member of Sierra's official forums, which used WebX format. The forums were around before then for a while too, in at least one earlier format, but I wasn't there then. They switched off to yet another type of forum in 2005, and I just really didn't like it much at all, so I kind of faded out of the place. But Quest for Glory's forums still exist, with a dedicated core of members who refuse to let the forum go stagnant.

I really didn't pay that much attention to Sierra's official website outside of their forums. I knew what I was there for and that was that, as far as I was concerned.
I wouldn't say that Sierra had a good presence on the web back then per se, but there was certainly a very strong Sierra fanbase, particularly for the old adventure game series that we all know and love. After the WebX boards were retired in favor of the new dull corporate-looking ones, a lot of us gave up just 'cause it didn't feel like home anymore. A few other fan forums were started (most notably questformoreglory) in an attempt to salvage the close-knit community that'd been formed through the years, but those regrettably died down in a pretty short period of time as well. However, I have definitely noticed a lot of the old Sierra regulars coming out of the woodwork with the announcement of QFG2's imminent release. Very kewl.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#42 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:37 pm

I was also pleasantly surprised that Gabriel Knight still has its own forum section on the Sierra site, but its members are a pretty tight knit vocal bunch as well, despite a few splits in the community (and splits off of splits, ie GKA).

I have to admit I didn't like the WebX boards at first (some limitations the old ones didn't have), but they kinda grew on me. WebX, even under Vivendi, was much better than the new sterile homogeneous layout, a step backwards to the old.

"Old" Sierra forum layouts: http://www.questformoreglory.com/forums ... topic=2549

LonemanX
Peasant Status

#43 Post by LonemanX » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:04 am

Thanks for the reminder, I have been wanting to get Al Emmo (and poster of course :P) for awhile but never got around to it. Just placed my order!! Can't wait for this evening!!!

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#44 Post by Alanor. » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:05 am

By AGDI board time it's officially August 25 now :p

calebb
Peasant Status

#45 Post by calebb » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 am

That's GMT aka phpBB default time, not AGDI default time.

So did you buy your copy of Al Emmo yet?

RogerKorby
Peasant Status

#46 Post by RogerKorby » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:11 am

didnt you guys see it said august 24th maybe august 24th 2009 ???? :) lol

Than1134
Peasant Status

#47 Post by Than1134 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 am

they're on the west coast of the usa its around 5:15 pm there just a few more hours chill its coming soon go watch 2 crappy horror movies and check back i just watched lost boys 2 and it was awesome

Eric Banyon
Peasant Status

#48 Post by Eric Banyon » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:18 am

At the moment I'm playing QFG1 to pass the time.
didnt you guys see it said august 24th maybe august 24th 2009 ????
Now THAT would cause an uprising.

KrushR
Peasant Status

#49 Post by KrushR » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:20 am

my copy of lost boys is still packed up somewhere. Guess I'll go watch Ash and his BOOMstick instead. :smokin

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#50 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:27 am

AGDI is releasing Quest For Glory 2 VGA today? I didn't know!!!!

Bt