so can we suck a blue frog?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

November
Peasant Status

Re: so can we suck a blue frog?

#26 Post by November » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 am

Erpy wrote: LOL, that one's used if you cast a spell inside EOF.

The rest is part of the debug menu we used extensively while developing the game. I mean, it already took us long enough to finish without having to play the game the proper way each time we had to test something.
Yeah! It occurred to me that the first one might have actually been part of the game, I just didn't remember where since I almost never play fighter. As soon as you said EOF I remembered that scene, so that solves that one! Anyway, I figured there had to be a debug mode for the very reason you mentioned... suppose that's a puzzle for us to figure out. Thanks for clearing that up. :O

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#27 Post by Thyme in Lost » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:21 am

The question is, how long will it take for people to figure out how to turn on the Debug Mode, and more to the point how long till they start posting about it.

Assuming the Debug Mode is something that can still be turned on.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#28 Post by Goilveig » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:56 am

oughtobe wrote:QFG4 is kinda like QFG1, where it goes back to easily building up your character, as opposed to 2 and 3 that move along fast and don't let you build up your character....
It's only hard to build up if you insist on making some superhybrid that has everything.

Play through each of the three classes (making your fighter into a paladin instead for 3+) and do them with only the base skills of that class. It's not a lot of work to grind them up.

Now, granted, some points of grind are boring -- like communication and climbing -- but really, you have sixteen days of game time which is basically set aside for just grind in QFG2, as the actual elementals and plot elements take up virtually no time at all.

Thief is probably the hardest to max of the base classes, especially with the new mage games making spell leveling so fast, and I maxed the thief at all 200s by the end of day 9, a full 7 days before I needed to be done. Granted I chugged my share of stamina pills, but heck, money's too easy.