so can we suck a blue frog?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

so can we suck a blue frog?

#1 Post by oughtobe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:00 pm

so did you guys decide on letting us enable the debug mode or did you go the route of the QFG1 remake and leave it out for the icon remake?

Also, is the QFG2 forums going to up at the same time as the release? is their going to be a new site dedicated to QFG2 or are you going back to the old format of the website for the release? thank you...

P.S. if you guys are too busy to answer this post, don't worry about it.. If you have some free time, thanks...

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

Re: so can we suck a blue frog?

#2 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:04 pm

I can't remember what the final verdict on the Blue Frog was, but I think it may be a surprise.

They are probably busy trying to put the finishing touches on the new site layout right now, heh.

El Ravager
Knight Status

#3 Post by El Ravager » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:09 pm

I seem to recall that it won't be possible in the remake, but I'm not absolutely certain...

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#4 Post by Paladinlover » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 am

It won't be there. I very distinctly remember that the AGDs saying that they won't have on basis of wanting to avoid any possible bugs and errors as a result, they said that, "the less chance people get to screw up, the less likely they will" or something like that.

Anyways, for my purposes, I have Game Wizard.

Till next time stay cool :cool:

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:28 am

Dude, you can suck all the blue frogs you want. I mean, it's a personal choice and I won't stand in the way.

Bt

Eric Banyon
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Eric Banyon » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:29 am

I guess I'll have to play characters through legitimately without cheating.

...Actually, I don't think I've ever done that. Ever.

RStormgull
Peasant Status

#7 Post by RStormgull » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:32 am

Whaa? If you never played without cheating, then why did you play at all? I don't mean that to sound mean, I'm legitimately curious.

Eric Banyon
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Eric Banyon » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:44 am

The story was always my interest. I've always considered the QFG games to be adventure/RPG hybrids, and the adventure side of things was what I was playing for. I don't really like having to grind my stats up high enough to do what I KNOW I have to do, so come QFG2 I'd always cheat to bump my stats up high enough to get me through the game, and leave me comfortably set for QFG3.

Quest for Glory 2 wasn't really a very fun experience for me. The typing interface hampered me badly. It was more than a year after beating all the others before I got around to actually playing QFG2 fully, rather than just bumping my stats and skipping to the end.

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:57 am

Eric Banyon wrote:The story was always my interest. I've always considered the QFG games to be adventure/RPG hybrids, and the adventure side of things was what I was playing for. I don't really like having to grind my stats up high enough to do what I KNOW I have to do, so come QFG2 I'd always cheat to bump my stats up high enough to get me through the game, and leave me comfortably set for QFG3.

Quest for Glory 2 wasn't really a very fun experience for me. The typing interface hampered me badly. It was more than a year after beating all the others before I got around to actually playing QFG2 fully, rather than just bumping my stats and skipping to the end.
I agree with the whole stats thing, I beat hero's quest but by the time 3 came out I had heard of root beer and blue frogs, so just bumped up my stats....

btw do you know what the best all around tactic is?

100 points for every stat in QFG1 with root beer as a fighter

200 points for every stat in QFG2 with blue frogs as a fighter

then when you start QFG3, start as a Magic User, add 50 points to strength or whatever, you should have full stats other than honor, which you can just make go to 100 by giving money to the drummer over and over and over....

then when you start QFG4 you can start as a paladin with juggling lights, if you are not a magic user that becomes a paladin in QFG3, you won't get the present from keapon laffin at the beginning of QFG3... put 100 points towards acrobatics, which you can practice almost anywhere...

then for QFG5, you have the ultimate hybrid Paladin... 400 points for all your stats, its a pain to build up, but QFG4 is kinda like QFG1, where it goes back to easily building up your character, as opposed to 2 and 3 that move along fast and don't let you build up your character....

I have a question, I'm currently doing this, and I'm on QFG4, I messed up and chose a Paladin at the beginning of QFG3 so i don't have juggling lights... but can I get the thermonuclear explosion in QFG5 if i am a full stat paladin? or could i start as a Magic User in 5 so i could get that spell but then can i convert to paladin in 5 from a magic user so i have all the paladin spells too?

Sandsai
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Sandsai » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:22 am

oughtobe wrote:
Eric Banyon wrote:I messed up and chose a Paladin at the beginning of QFG3 so i don't have juggling lights... but can I get the thermonuclear explosion in QFG5 if i am a full stat paladin?
That depends if by full stat you mean you have stealth, if so you are out of luck as the FA will give you the stealth charm as opposed to the thermonuclear spell. At least that is how I remember it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#11 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:24 am

If you're a paladin, QFG5 gives you a magic helmet instead of the TN blast.

Corsair
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by Corsair » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:26 am

Which is good, because Thermonuclear Blast is really useless. There's not even an animation for it obliterating Marete.

glyfrahnour
Peasant Status

#13 Post by glyfrahnour » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:28 am

at this point im willing to suck what ever it takes to get this game... :x

Sandsai
Peasant Status

#14 Post by Sandsai » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:34 am

glyfrahnour wrote:at this point im willing to suck what ever it takes to get this game... :x
Ebay? QfG V is like 10 bucks and is available quite regularly. It is the collection's that will take a serious bite out of you. However, I expect Vivendi to roll out a new QfG edition once the new QfG II comes out.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#15 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:48 am

Sandsai wrote:
glyfrahnour wrote:at this point im willing to suck what ever it takes to get this game... :x
Ebay? QfG V is like 10 bucks and is available quite regularly. It is the collection's that will take a serious bite out of you. However, I expect Vivendi to roll out a new QfG edition once the new QfG II comes out.
You heard the man Vivendi! Start rolling.

Mr. Alsheid
Peasant Status

#16 Post by Mr. Alsheid » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:57 pm

linkin182
Peasant Status

#17 Post by linkin182 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:17 pm

As pertaining to this post I'd like to say whether you can use the blue frog cheats or not I did find a blue frog in the game. I was quite titilated when I saw it; good joke on the part of the team :D

Tehseen
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by Tehseen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:04 am

Erpy wrote:If you're a paladin, QFG5 gives you a magic helmet instead of the TN blast.

well the main question was

so did you guys decide on letting us enable the debug mode or did you go the route of the QFG1 remake and leave it out for the icon remake?

it would be so nice of you all AGDI team if anyone of you answer this ................

is it possible to cheat in the game ? if yes then how?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#19 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:21 am

No offense, but if it was possible to cheat in the game, there's no way you'd hear it from me. The last thing I need at this point is a whole flood of gamers messing with the game's mechanics and reporting issues as bugs.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#20 Post by Brainiac » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:03 am

You know, I must admit, I was half-expecting a Family Guy reference to crop up in the game since you guys did address that infamous phrase.

Tehseen
Royal Servant Status

#21 Post by Tehseen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:59 pm

Erpy wrote:No offense, but if it was possible to cheat in the game, there's no way you'd hear it from me. The last thing I need at this point is a whole flood of gamers messing with the game's mechanics and reporting issues as bugs.

well no offense either but that question wasnt particularly only for you it was for all the Agdi team , doesnt matter whether you told us or the AGD2 or AGD1.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#22 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Sorry, the way I phrased it may have confused you. I was kinda speaking for the rest too.

November
Peasant Status

#23 Post by November » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:58 am

Run a strings search on the executable and related files. Stuff is there. You'll just have to figure out how to get to it.

There's strings hidden away such as:

'CHEAT! CHEAT'
'Hagatha only wishes she knew about this cheat!'
'Who needs the Holy Grail when you've got access to this cheat! (Don't tell Arthur).'
'Random Encounters Disabled.'
'Auto-Critical Hit Mode Enabled.'
'Damage Meter Disabled.'
'!Inventory Item to add?'
'!Give all necessary items for Raseir?'
etc.

I'm sure someone intrepid enough can do the rest. Or wait for someone to say something... Or this is just cruft that is disabled in the release build. Fun times!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#24 Post by Erpy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:50 am

'CHEAT! CHEAT'
LOL, that one's used if you cast a spell inside EOF.

The rest is part of the debug menu we used extensively while developing the game. I mean, it already took us long enough to finish without having to play the game the proper way each time we had to test something.

hypn
Royal Servant Status

#25 Post by hypn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:54 am

Though if you guys REALLY want to cheat, and Erpy and the rest of the guys don't mind, I was thinking about making a hack that will let you keep selling the beard - like you could do in the original ;)