Why isn't Al Emmo Selling at Telltale Games Anymore?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AGP
Royal Servant Status

Why isn't Al Emmo Selling at Telltale Games Anymore?

#1 Post by AGP » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:20 pm

In the absence of it, I bought Sam & Max Season 2 instead. Paypal has a problem with my credit card (something to do with it not letting Paypal verify its billing address). The software's so smart that it has limited access to my own account. With limited access, I can't very well delete the credit card and therefore restore access to it. Nothing in its "steps to resolve" is something I can do with my limited access!

Anyway, if you were willing to take a credit card number by e-mail, I'd pay for All Emmo.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Why isn't Al Emmo Selling at Telltale Games Anymore?

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:20 am

Telltale were selling Al Emmo, but I was told that they upgraded their anti-piracy software which was incompatible with several of the other games they were selling on TellTale Now (Al Emmo was one of them) so it turned ut they were only able to apply it to their own games.

There are other sites where you can purchase Al Emmo online, such as http://www.manifestogames.com. However, it's a digital download, you won't receive a QFG2 poster with that version, and it costs the same price as our current promotional version.

BTW, I really wouldn't recommend sending your credit card details through email to anyone, even if you believe it's to people you know or trust. They say never put anything through email which you wouldn't want to appear on the front page of a newspaper! We don't have a merchant account anyhow, so we can't use credit card numbers directly.

But if you're able to make a direct wire deposit into the Himalaya bank account, then that would be the best way if you can't use PayPal. If you want to do that, just send me a PM for the details.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#3 Post by DrJones » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:25 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:BTW, I really wouldn't recommend sending your credit card details through email to anyone, even if you believe it's to people you know or trust. They say never put anything through email which you wouldn't want to appear on the front page of a newspaper! We don't have a merchant account anyhow, so we can't use credit card numbers directly.
Listen to him and never, ever, do that. Giving your credit card numbers on email is like yelling "I found gold!" on the old west, as email is almost never sent encrypted and anyone can read them. :p

Mr. Alsheid
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Mr. Alsheid » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Why not see if you can have it put up on Steam? That's a much better digital download service

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#5 Post by Spikey » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:27 pm

Credit card transactions without your signature are not legal if you're with a major credit card company (and most minor as well) and you should get a refund if something goes wrong. I even have a simple 'fraud' button in my online banking tool next to every credit card transaction, which I can report fraud with before the closing date of my monthly payment.

My credit card specs were stolen online at some point; somebody purchased airline tickets with it in Rome for almost a 1000 euros. Was quite a shock, but everything was refunded (the closing date for that month had already passed before I noticed).

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by AGP » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:53 pm

Spikey, exactly. I wouldn't mind having my credit card numbers in the front page of a newspaper. It wouldn't cost me anything!

And AGC2, cool. I wouldn't know where to put the poster anyway. So I'll just get it off your link. Thanks.