Quest for Glory 2.5d Update

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AGP
Royal Servant Status

Re: Quest for Glory 2.5d Update

#26 Post by AGP » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:00 am

I don't love it (but it's working!):

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#27 Post by Blake00 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:20 am

Hi AGP!

Am so pleased to see you’re still working on your project! :) I was so impressed with your work last year instead of just listing it I created a full tribute page to it in my Quest For Glory fan game section (hope you like). I’ll have to update my page to say you’re still working on it! :)

http://webspace.webring.com/people/ed/d ... Index.html

Am also pleased to hear you’ve address some of the bugs I mentioned in your other project thread in the game making forum. Am eager to check out the new and improved Erana’s Peace! :)

As for your new pictures..

Battle:
Looks awesome! And yeah Erpy is right there is contact in QFG1 VGA.. if my memory is correct it was just the tip of the sword/dagger touching. I think if you positioned your 3d hero near enough to the 3d enemy and make his sword swipe or stab quite lengthy/long so that when he attacks the end point of the sword overlaps the enemies chest you can create the illusion that it is touching them.. especially if the enemy falls backwards a bit and cries in pain just like in QFG1 VGA. Hell if you can do a small blood splatter at the point where the sword tip passes over the enemy that would complete the illusion.
For the thief you could position him a little closer to the enemy so that his dagger reaches. Also making the sword/dagger swing very fast will ensure people can’t spot inaccuracies so easily.

Goblin base:
Looks good.. will be interesting to see when there’s 7 or so of the little bastards running around haha. The 3d bush looks a little disconnected from the background bushes but it looks like you’re off to a good start!

I look forward to playing your newer version! :)

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#28 Post by AGP » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Blake, thanks a lot for the comments and suggestions. I'll put some work on it this weekend and hope to release it by Sunday night, but climbing is giving me a headache and I only want to release it when that's done.

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#29 Post by AGP » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:46 pm

I work on this off-and-on. It's a different beast altogether from what I last posted those years ago. This is just to show off the new hero.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/_zL3bbKbf5k[/youtube]

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#30 Post by AGP » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Oh, I also made this by way of a Quest for Glory 6 skeleton, complete with my own particle systems and shaders (still has less-than-perfect collision-detection, as illustrated by a quick cut in the middle, but it's getting there). Its introduction needs improvement, but it has a nice soundtrack. It's not Unity or anything, because I like reinventing the wheel, so relatively simple things take a little longer to make and fix. :- )

Edit: New, not necessarily better, video: http://youtu.be/51tx_5Zg4qI

Anyway, the video is showing the heroine, but if people want to see the hero (beyond what you see in the character creation screen), I could make another video. I'm having a katta modeled right now to help populate Silmaria.

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#31 Post by Blake00 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Ooooh, thank you so much for getting back to me AGP! I'm doing a big update of my Quest for Glory website and due to your old QFG2.5 website going down I was just about to sadly mark your project as dead! So I'm very happy to see you're still working on it & I can keep your project listed as active! And holy sh**! You're working on a whole other QFG6 project too! Thats really impressive for a home made engine effort. Very cool! I'm gonna have to go and create a whole new tribute page on my site for that too haha! :)

Do you have a new website for these projects that I can link to? Any public demos? All I have is a dead website link and your old 2009 demo.

Mate feel free to post all the pictures, videos & demos you want here haha, I'm a big fan of your work and I can use the material to better promote your projects on my QFG site. :)

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#32 Post by AGP » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:25 am

Awesome, thanks for caring. I'm having Science Island finished right now. I think it will be done on Friday, so I plan on having some kind of update. I'll make a little video with the Kattas in (the fur part was a bit of a nightmare to have in real-time for a reason that's little known--but I won that battle!) as well as that part of the city that was missing.

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#33 Post by Blake00 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:01 am

How's things going mate? Any new new videos, pics or demos for QFG1-2.5D or QFG6? Hope you liked my tributes to your projects on my site. Last year I showed your work (among other QFG fan projects) to the QFG facebook group and both the Coles viewed the post so they've seen your excellent work mate. :)