Thank You all, true Sierra fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Katrina486
Peasant Status

Thank You all, true Sierra fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Post by Katrina486 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:56 am

I have been an outspoken, disgruntled super fan of Sierra games since I was 10 years old. I have had discussions that ended in disaster with other members of our collective community. I am, was, in a bad point in my life, but the remake of QFG2 brought my spirits up. Thanks. I can't wait to see what you did with the Forbidden City.

But for this, AGDI, there are no words to express my gratitude. Thank you. I dreamed of this when I was young. You and IA both. You all do great work.

You people deserve so much more. I am sorry to both of your factions that I was so mean, I just am very picky of my Sierra games, and the people that were "updating" them. It was all a bit scary when someone said they put KQ1 in VGA and KQ3 with a voice pack. It is good to know they are all in good hands with all of you.

Thank you again..

BTW, the music is awesome. Good job. That is what always sold the old Sierra's for me, when the best graphics was the Sega, Sierra always won out in musical score, and you sold it note for note.

Just ignore my past stupid rants. I have a bad history of Public Relations, in my career, and here.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS- does " "S" blue frog work? Not that I'd use it anyway.

Sorry for the ", trying to keep it family friendly.

A few graphical bugs, but nothing to laugh at. Good job. Worth the wait.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Thank You all, true Sierra fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:29 pm

Hey, Katrina. I don't recall you in particular saying anything hostile on the forums... which either means: A) You used a different username. B) it was too long ago to remember, OR C) Others have more recently upstaged your past efforts, making yours seem polite in comparison. :lol

Anyway, thanks, and I hope you're having fun with the game. Sierra games were always a good way to unwind.

As for blue frogs, well, that all depends on what you're trying to do with them. I can think of several words starting with S that should probably be blanked out here, but I didn't think that 'suck' was one of them. If you were trying to anything else with the frog, I'd be concerned. :rollin

Actually, you can try that with the text parser (but I'd advise you to save your game first!)

Katrina486
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Katrina486 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:53 pm

I am Kick the Cat remember me?

I kick one in honor of the people who make these things possible.]

Keep up the good work.

I look forward now to IA to see what they are doing with the Space Quest series.

I feel I need to apologize less to you AGDI, and more to IA.

It is nice to know people actually care about this game style. I was hated because I am so very passionate about these games.

What about a VGA remake of Camelot?

George
Peasant Status

#4 Post by George » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:26 pm

I too am a HUGE Sierra fan. I recall when KQ6 was the newest in the series. Sierra was offering anyone finishing the game a special award, providing you sent them a savegame disk showing your final status in KQ6. I received a real surprise, a photo of Ken and Roberta and in the 90's, you can imagine how young they looked then. I was straightening up my game room the other day and discovered I still had the photo in a protective folder :D
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

George
Peasant Status

#5 Post by George » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:42 pm

...........................................................................................
Last edited by George on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#6 Post by DrJones » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:15 pm

George wrote:I see the Sierra folks have been viewed several times. Does anyone have a picture of Lori and Corey Cole?
I have the portraits that feature in the Quest for Glory III box.

George
Peasant Status

#7 Post by George » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 am

..............................................................................................................................
Last edited by George on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George
Peasant Status

#8 Post by George » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:39 pm

.......................................................................................................
Last edited by George on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George
Peasant Status

#9 Post by George » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:38 pm

.................................................................................................................
Last edited by George on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#10 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Already a thread about this in the Off-Topic section.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14295

And besides being in the wrong forum, I don't think it was worth resurrecting an old thread with something completely off-topic to the thread.

George
Peasant Status

#11 Post by George » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:03 am

Last edited by George on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#12 Post by Gronagor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:46 pm

George, a picture/photo doesn't need to have a copyright symbol to be copyrighted.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#13 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:14 pm

George wrote:sorreee... but rather refreshing to get beat up once in awhile :lol
Looking at your other very off-topic posts in this thread I've gotta say,......you're a very weird one.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#14 Post by Paladinlover » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:36 am

I too am a HUGE Sierra fan. I recall when KQ6 was the newest in the series. Sierra was offering anyone finishing the game a special award, providing you sent them a savegame disk showing your final status in KQ6. I received a real surprise, a photo of Ken and Roberta and in the 90's, you can imagine how young they looked then. I was straightening up my game room the other day and discovered I still had the photo in a protective folder :D
I remember when LSL 3 was the latest game in that series. As well as SQ 4 and others. I should mention that one of the earliest games I remember playing was LSL 1 EGA for DOS. That was in 1990, when I was barely 6/7 years old. You'd think that it wouldn't have been the most appropriate debut of Sierra games, but I didn't realise it was supposed to be for adults until much, much later! :p

Till next time stay cool 8))

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#15 Post by pbpb33 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:12 pm

On a related note, I just want to say that you AGDI designers are really amazing. All the games you've released have been top notch. Accolades are deserved, all around. All I have to say is... why don't you promote yourselves more on your new AGDI website? Maybe you have your own reasons or actually do like the pseudo anonymity (though I know you aren't really anonymous here), but I would think you might want to let everyone know who you are a little more. The forum regulars all surely do know about you guys already, but how about others? Why not more of a personal touch in the marketing on the site, the way Sierra used to do? It can still be professional. How about making sure the people visiting your site remember who YOU (the actual people behind AGDI) are... maybe with a little AGDI "the masks come off" feature page "revealing" more about you guys? The existing "Our Story" description is borderline boilerplate, forgettable and (in my mind, anyway) doesn't do you justice. And why do you only list the two main designers' names in a TINY font on one page with no personal introduction or other background? If I had put in the huge amount of impressive work that you people obviously did, I would want my name written a little more prominently, front and center. Seriously. You guys have proven yourselves already and deserve more prominent billing. And how about an impact graphic on the main page, with text crowing about and trumpeting your impressive # of downloads? (a la "over a million sold") Sort of like how YouTube personalities are often judged by, and introduced with a mention of, how many views they have gotten. Really, I don't think many others can boast the numbers of downloads that you guys can, so don't be shy about letting people know. "Brimhall and Warren, et al, whose games have been downloaded more than 100,000 times" (or whatever the number is) has more impact than the current, very blah, "Brimhall and Warren, et al, highly motivated individuals (*ugh*) determined to revive the adventure game genre." The artist who did the QFG2 poster seems like a master at professional self-promotion, to his credit. I think the others could benefit with more effort like his, but in their own style. It's sad that your old designer journals are still offline. Those were great. Before I get accused of being too critical or of telling people what to do, I want to make it clear that I'm just sharing this as a well-meaning suggestion.