AGDI on Twitter

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

AGDI on Twitter

#1 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:17 am

If anyone has a Twitter account, remember to follow AGDI/Himalaya Studios at the following page:

http://www.twitter.com/himalayastudios

Since Twitter is cheaper than sending newsletters out, we'll most likely announce any breaking news there first, and also more frequently.

This Twitter page will cover both AGDI and Himalaya Studios future announcements, so be sure to follow our Twitter page (or sign up for your own Twitter account if you don't already have one) to get the latest news on games in development, contests etc. before it's announced anywhere else!

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

Re: AGDI on Twitter

#2 Post by pbpb33 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:01 am

How much cheaper is Twitter (free) than sending out e-mail newsletters? How many people are on your newsletter e-mail lists?

I really wish you would at least use the e-mail newsletter for all the announcements (and cross-post on Twitter, if you wish). People who want to hear about AGDI specifically signed up for the e-mail newsletter. I really don't like the idea of having to sign up for yet another service (e.g., Twitter, which not everyone uses) to get breaking news first. Please alert e-mail newsletter subscribers of any and all major news (if it's more cost effective to use Twitter for more frequent, minor announcements, then fine) no later than you alert Twitter followers.

Thank you.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:18 am

It costs over $75 to send out an AGDI newsletter, and that's quite a lot of money for something we're not allowed to profit from. Hence the reason why newsletters are so infrequent.

Additionally, the AGDI and Himalaya Studios mailing lists are both separate lists, so we can't send AGDI newsletters to the Himalaya list and vice versa. But the Twitter page will cover news from both AGDI and Himalaya, to streamline things.

We're not going to stop sending out newsletters for major announcements though, and this notice is mainly for people who already use Twitter and would like to follow us there to receive updates. Because it's faster, things will usually be announced on Twitter as they happen, but just because a person doesn't use (or want to use) Twitter, doesn't mean they'll miss out on any important info.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by pbpb33 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:39 am

Wow, I didn't realize the newsletters cost that much. Is it because you have so many people on your list? I hope I didn't sound ungrateful for the news. I just wanted to be sure I heard about all your products because you guys do such awesome work. :)

Prio
Knight Status

#5 Post by Prio » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:40 pm

I don't think it's necessary to actually sign up for Twitter to follow somebody's tweets. Try the RSS feed (http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/50412827.rss) or just bookmark Himalaya's Twitter link itself.

snabbott
Peasant Status

#6 Post by snabbott » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:51 pm

It costs money to send bulk e-mails? I never knew that.