Future Remake: Part Deux

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

What are your top 3 Sierra remakes you would like remade?

King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella
27%
Police Quest II: The Vengeance
5%
Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon
10%
Lara Bow: The Colonel's Bequest
8%
The Black Cauldron
3%
Codename: Iceman
1%
Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail
7%
Gold Rush
3%
Manhunter: New York
1%
Manhunter 2: San Francisco
0%
Leisure Suit Larry (II) Goes Looking for Love (in Several Wrong Places)
4%
Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals
3%
Quest for Glory 5 VGA de-make
9%
Quest for Glory 3 remake (fixed points system)
8%
Mask of Eternity: Point & Click adventure remake
11%

Total votes: 669

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

Re: Future Remake: Part Deux

#126 Post by Radogol » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:52 am

Oz wrote:It would certainly be nice to go through more than 1 series all the way in VGA or greater, rather than have peppered entries here and there. KQ, SQ, and PQ are all missing just 1.
So does Black Cauldron ;) Man, I love Black Cauldron, although haters gonna hate.

Of course, the problem with Black Cauldron is that it's not entirely a Sierra property. I wonder if Al Lowe could be convinced to write new bits of story to replace those introduced in the novel and the movie while leaving the structure of the game intact.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#127 Post by DrJones » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:08 pm

There's something funny about the Black Cauldron. While Disney holds the rights to the movie of the same name, it was based on the first two novels from the Chronicles of Prydain, so if a game is done based in those two novels, there's nothing Disney can do about it. Moreover, if the copyright from the first book in the saga was not renewed, it would be public domain now.

Rudy
Peasant Status

#128 Post by Rudy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Voted for:

1) Conquests of Camelot: this game has such nice scenery, I would simply love to see it in VGA
2) GoldRush: same reason as for Conquests of Camelot.
3) Mask of Eternity. Out of curiosity really, I wonder how the game play would be

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

#129 Post by Radogol » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:09 pm

DrJones wrote:While Disney holds the rights to the movie of the same name, it was based on the first two novels from the Chronicles of Prydain, so if a game is done based in those two novels, there's nothing Disney can do about it.
Yes, but Henry Holt can do something about it :) One way or another, the rights to the Prydain universe do not lie with Activision which would most likely greatly complicate the process of attaining any sort of license.

Sslaxx
Peasant Status

#130 Post by Sslaxx » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:24 am

Radogol wrote:
DrJones wrote:While Disney holds the rights to the movie of the same name, it was based on the first two novels from the Chronicles of Prydain, so if a game is done based in those two novels, there's nothing Disney can do about it.
Yes, but Henry Holt can do something about it :) One way or another, the rights to the Prydain universe do not lie with Activision which would most likely greatly complicate the process of attaining any sort of license.
Why would this be a problem?

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#131 Post by Boogeyman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:36 pm

KQIV (obviously), and Laura Bow.

As for MoE, I'm not sure it would work as direct point and click, would prefer at least some QFG-style combat.

Elsa Von Spielburg
Peasant Status

#132 Post by Elsa Von Spielburg » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:55 am

Voted :D

Qfg and KQ of course! :D

Elfling
Peasant Status

Re:

#133 Post by Elfling » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:11 am

Fender178 wrote:KQ4 For me because it seems like it to me that the people that are making it already are taking their good sweet time and there havent been any updates since October of 2010.

Then SQ3.

Then a point and click version of MOE.
It Also looks like the SQ3 remake people haven't had an update since 2004. Mabe both groups need help.

May I sucgest a merger?
Last edited by Elfling on Thu May 26, 2011 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Labrynian Rebel
Peasant Status

#134 Post by Labrynian Rebel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:53 am

If we're going by desirability and not by how practical, then I'd have to go with Quest for Glory III (great game, it just needed to be polished up a bit) and a Quest for Glory V "de-make" (To this day I havn't owned a computer that could run it, plus it looks ugly |I )

Then for number three... ah might as well go with King's Quest IV for completeness even though I'm not a big King's Quest fan (as in I'd never would have played them if they weren't free, but I think King's Quest fans deserve to have their entire series non-text based because I know how that feels, btw thanks again for the Quest for Glory II VGA remake, I cannot stress that enough!) :rollin

Cocoon
Peasant Status

#135 Post by Cocoon » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:13 pm

I have voted for King's Quest IV of course, then the first Laura Bow, in my opinion one of the most ingenious game of all the time, and then Police quest, this series has always intrigued me.

lazarusnine
Peasant Status

#136 Post by lazarusnine » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:51 pm

If only you could do a remake of 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' so it would feel more like 'Fate of Atlantis'...sigh, LucasArts. In any case, your work so far has been stellar! Thanks for everything. =)

Oh, and my votes were 1) Black Cauldron, 2) Gold Rush and 3) King's Quest IV. Good luck!

DaemonDarqueGS
Peasant Status

#137 Post by DaemonDarqueGS » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:06 am

(Might I say I dearly love AGDInteractive? I can't wait until Mage Initiation is available)

Anyway, I've always been of the QFG crowd than KQ when I grew up and my first vote would be for QFG3. I loved playing the remake of QFG2 and I'm tied between whether playing a mage or a thief was more fun. I loved having more thief quests, but the games for the mage were great. I spent hours just playing with Aziza, determined to beat her and being so gleeful that I did, I danced around like an idiot :lol . I would like to see QFG3 done with as much love and care as QFG2. While I've always liked it, it was my least favorite game of 1-4 (I have never played 5 and I have no interest to). I heard that QFG4 was to be the third game in the QFG series, but it was felt that it was too much of a jump, hence QFG3. If that's true, it would explain why it felt a bit rushed.

My second vote was for Laura Bow. I played The Dagger of Amon Ra, it's sequel with full voice acting, twice when I was younger and I really liked it, but it always kind of bothered me that I had never played the first game. I was terrible at typing when I was younger and hated text parsers (the only one I ever played text parser wise if I could help it was QFG2 because I was so bad at typing and got so stressed). Now, when I can type, I find the graphics to be...frustrating. I love murder mysteries and would like to see that one updated.

The third came down to KQ4, SQ or PQ. I eventually chose Space Quest because of my mother's love for the games. She adored the series and I remember sitting next to her and watching her play when I was too young to do it on my own or didn't have my own computer. This would be a really nice game to see remade.

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

#138 Post by Summer77 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:07 pm

I would like to see someone to do a remake of California Gold Rush to see Jerrod Wilson in handsome face I also would like to see someone make a remake of King's Quest's 4

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

#139 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Sun May 29, 2011 3:47 am

As awesome as a VGA de-make of QFG5 and Mask of Eternity would sound...I go with King's Quest IV as my top choice, second to that would be Conquests of Camelot and Space Quest III.

Though QFG5 would be easier to re-do because I can't really see what in Mask of Eternity could be used....except an entire overhaul of the whole game that actually has the Royal Family in it?

Oh how that game was one of the biggest letdowns of my wasted childhood!

ETA:

Popular vote definitely towards King's Quest IV! I need only say two words why: WHALE TONGUE.

Hm, no one really seems to care about Manhunter being remade...I liked those games but they weren't as memorable to me.

I just couldn't vote for Police Quest because I never really got into it, there were some aspects of the series I liked but I hated the driving sequences, and how it was so easy to miss a vital item or event to completing the game. That and my subculture aside....I do enough paperwork in real life!!!! Games are supposed to be my escape from that! :P

Wait, if there's a de-make that *should* be on this list...Gabriel Knight 3. Fangirls around the world would rejoice, even though Tim Curry as a rugged Nawlins Schattenjaeger would not come into fruition in a post-SAG world...

a187killa
Peasant Status

#140 Post by a187killa » Sun May 29, 2011 5:38 am

I would like to see all the sierra games remade with a voice pack good job so far on the kq series hope to see the 4th

mrredhatter
Peasant Status

#141 Post by mrredhatter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:03 am

Are there any plans to create original games based on Roberta Williams' other KQ books titles, "The Floating Castle", "Kingdom of Sorrow", and "See No Weevil"?
Last edited by mrredhatter on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prysmkitsune
Peasant Status

#143 Post by prysmkitsune » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 am

i actually sent the guys a AGDI an email suggesting this but they never got back to me, a remake of qfg4 would be nice, it runs buggy at best on modern systems even with dos box, so really having it retooled would help alot of fans play it.

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

#144 Post by Summer77 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:19 am

Will there be an remix of King's Quest 4? If so let me have the website for download

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#145 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 am

Summer77 wrote:Will there be an remix of King's Quest 4? If so let me have the website for download
Sure! It's www.doityourself.com ! Good luck!

Bt

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

#146 Post by Summer77 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:41 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Summer77 wrote:Will there be an remix of King's Quest 4? If so let me have the website for download
Sure! It's http://www.doityourself.com ! Good luck!

Bt
You're kidding right that was the website of the remix of King's Quest 4? I've ask is there or will there be a remix of King's Quest 4? If so give me the websight.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#147 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 pm

He was being sarcastic. If you bothered to do a forum search you'd know that there isn't one. Well, there was one (not here) but there hasn't been any updates in ages and the website has been taken down.

So no, there isn't.

DarkMistress89
Peasant Status

#148 Post by DarkMistress89 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 am

prysmkitsune wrote:i actually sent the guys a AGDI an email suggesting this but they never got back to me, a remake of qfg4 would be nice, it runs buggy at best on modern systems even with dos box, so really having it retooled would help alot of fans play it.
But what would be the purpose?

There are a lot of patches on the Internet for the game that works splendid. The CD version has many bugs but still, it feels perfect in comparison to the floppy.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#149 Post by Lady Pyro » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:29 pm

I have to agree that QFG4 is fine after a little patching, but a QFG3 or 5 re/de make would be amazing.
5 would be a ton of work though, since there wouldn't be much existing content to work from.

DarkMistress89
Peasant Status

#150 Post by DarkMistress89 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:36 am

Lady Pyro wrote:I have to agree that QFG4 is fine after a little patching, but a QFG3 or 5 re/de make would be amazing.
5 would be a ton of work though, since there wouldn't be much existing content to work from.
A QFG5 de-make, yes.

A QFG3 emendation, yes.