Thank you.

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Toyotaobsession
Peasant Status

Thank you.

#1 Post by Toyotaobsession » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:21 am

I really just stopped by to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to remake these awesome games! It takes me back to my childhood to be able to play them again in a new style.

Also because of your main website, I noticed a link that too me to a store where I could buy the original games compatible with Windows 7! Which is even better! I had seen these games listed for sale on Amazon and I was more than a little leery buying them that way, in case they didn't work. I don't know how to tell you how excited I am about all this! It totally brings me back. I also had to chuckle a little bit at seeing 3 full games at 15 MB's.

My only problem is I didn't find you sooner! Lol I've made sure to share your forum and website with a few of my friends and my Father (who hopefully will be thrilled to be able to play Space Quest again) and I hope they enjoy all your hard work as much as I'm going too.

I can't say this enough, thank you! What you have done is simply amazing, and to put it up for free is just incredible. You guys deserve a medal!

Thanks again!!!

gamecreator
Knight Status

Re: Thank you.

#2 Post by gamecreator » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:55 pm

It's hard to overstate how difficult it is to complete even just one project, though AGDI has several under their belts. Just the Quest for Glory II remake took years of dedication and thousands of hours of work.

Toyotaobsession
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Toyotaobsession » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:25 am

gamecreator wrote:It's hard to overstate how difficult it is to complete even just one project, though AGDI has several under their belts. Just the Quest for Glory II remake took years of dedication and thousands of hours of work.

I don't have the skills to do help remake a game. But I can imagine. I've seen smaller projects fail, let alone something as massive as this.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#4 Post by Paladinlover » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:29 pm

It's hard to overstate how difficult it is to complete even just one project, though AGDI has several under their belts. Just the Quest for Glory II remake took years of dedication and thousands of hours of work.
I can imagine, especially with a game like QFG, which unlike ordinary adventure games, makes use of an RPG engine that impacts most of your activities. The sheer amount of variables that have to be taken into accounting must be mind-numbingly difficult to say the least. That's why I'll probably never attempt an RPG or an RPG engine myself.

Till next time stay cool 8))