King's Quest IV Remake?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

LOLSlimez
Peasant Status

King's Quest IV Remake?

#1 Post by LOLSlimez » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi, this is my first post on the forum! I have not seen a topic for this, so I apologize if someone else made a similar thread.

I am very much a fan of AGDI and their works. I have even installed(but not played yet) the KQ3 remake. I have played the KQ2 remake and it was AWESOMESAUCE! After seeing a Let's Play of the original, I am sure that AGDI's revamp was what Roberta Williams was secretly wanted to create but couldn't due to the technology constraints in that day and age. :D You guys should be professional cartoon designers! :hat

Anyways, far be it from me to impose, but have there been any talks about remaking the fourth installing, Rosella's adventure? I don't want to stomp on the toes of the designers who made that game - they did do a decent job of upping the detail from KQ3, making it more 16-bit compared to the original trilogy. But it wouldn't hurt to do to KQ4 what you did to KQ3. Of course, if I'm out of line, I apologize. KQ4 was the prequel to the more advanced KQ5, so it's pushing it, but it would be nice if you announced that. You've done such wonders to the original trilogy that I can never go into playing the original trilogy, you guys are awesome.

If you guys decide to take the plunge and remake Rosella's adventure, I am 100% behind you! This was the first graphics adventure game I ever played and it remains nostalgic to me today. :\

:x DOI! EDIT: I just heard from another forum's post that says you were unable to remake KQ4 because that game was under contract by Activision and you couldn't crack that contract so legal remakes were impossible. I formally apologize for my former fanboy giddiness and ask that you lock this topic. My bad, I didn't realize that. I guess the reason you could do the first three remake was because they were public domain or something, but KQ4 was not. My apologies again, I won't speak of it again. |I PS: I have finished the KQ3 remake and it was awesome, though the time pockets between Manannan's appearances were a bit short for my tastes. Still, great remake! I honestly wish you could expand on the sub-plot with the Orbs and that curse the Father put on Graham.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

Re: King's Quest IV Remake?

#2 Post by Klytos » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Not that I'm involved with AGDI in any way (except for being a fan) but they have a fan-licence for their remakes (KQ1-3 and QFG2.) But I believe that they aren't allowed to start any new remakes under that licence. They've really moved into original games now anyway, with Al Emmo and their new one in the works.

Adanriodor
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Adanriodor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:44 am

So there not going to remake any more King's Quests?

crackerjack
Peasant Status

#4 Post by crackerjack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 am

There's another remake that is supposedly in the works:

http://www.kq4remake.com/index.html

Who knows what will happen, but it looks promising.

Adanriodor
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Adanriodor » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 pm

I've seen this before and it looks abandoned.