Quest for Glory Reloaded

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

usertech
Peasant Status

Quest for Glory Reloaded

#1 Post by usertech » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:45 pm

I've got an idea, if there will be anyone who will support work that Quest for Glory 1 VGA will go reloaded as same as leisure suit larry.
New people who are not familiar with this game will find how great game it was when it was made many years ago.

Option for full HD 1920x1080 with the same functions will be a good idea. I don't know how much work it will take but it is an idea.
That's probably something that will truly make great public interest all over the world. I prefer all QFG games since It is nice to play them after many years.

adeyke

Re: Quest for Glory Reloaded

#2 Post by adeyke » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Ideas are cheap. Actual game development isn't. That LSL remake you mention got over half a million from its Kickstarter campaign, and it still ended up looking noticeably cheap. Plus, LSL1 is a much simpler game than QfG1.

AGDI's games, like the EGA/VGA games from Sierra, are all 320x200. Making the art high-resolution means not only drawing each background and each frame of animation at a higher resolution but also drawing many more frames of animation, so it's a lot more effort.

usertech
Peasant Status

#3 Post by usertech » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:21 am

It was an idea I know it is a lot of work, if Sierra will let AGD Interactive to start a kickstarter campaign I am sure that there will be a lot of guys preparing to pay for this great game.

adeyke

#4 Post by adeyke » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:06 am

I think a big part of why AGDI was given a license is because they weren't taking any money from it. Anyone wanting to make such a remake who doesn't want to get a cease and desist would need to pay for the license.

In any case, AGDI isn't making any more remakes.