Regarding import hero in Qfg2vga

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

zardok
Peasant Status

Regarding import hero in Qfg2vga

#1 Post by zardok » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:53 pm

I ran into some problem with qfg1vga so that I wasnt able to finish the game(in the maze the next room to the leaders office I wasnt able to enter the room). So I cheated in the original Qfg1 so I would be at the same spot as I was in the Vga version. Ok all good with that I finished the game as a Thief with 100 in all skills except in climbing (88). I also had about 2500 silver coins and 10 gold(+50 more gold from finishing the game).

Well when I imported in qfg2 I only had 300 gold coins(I´ve imported once before and I had less gold that time and also got 300 gold) and I also had a shield and the game recognized me as a fighter.

Will that be fixed in the vga version?

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#2 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:42 pm

Well, seeing as that was a bug in the original QFG2 (which was corrected with a patch IIRC - I know I don't have that problem with the Anthology version but I used to with the diskette version), it wouldn't make much sense to duplicate it in the remake, now would it? ;)

Edit: In fact, that patch can be found on several QFG2 fansites on the 'net, such as this one and this one.

~Wolfgang

Thepal
Knight Status

Re: Regarding import hero in Qfg2vga

#3 Post by Thepal » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:00 am

zardok wrote:k all good with that I finished the game as a Thief with 100 in all skills except in climbing (88).
You can get climbing up to 100 at the fence behind the minotaur. Just keep walking back down from the trap room and climbing again.
I also had about 2500 silver coins and 10 gold(+50 more gold from finishing the game).

Well when I imported in qfg2 I only had 300 gold coins(I´ve imported once before and I had less gold that time and also got 300 gold)
2500 silver = 250 gold. 250+10+50 = approx 300. But yeah... I think it only does go up to a certain amount in the original version of QfG2. I used to get that problem I think.
and I also had a shield and the game recognized me as a fighter.
Well, don't give yourself a shield next time. Thieves can't get shields.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Gold

#4 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:35 am

Actually, I think it may actually be an error in the import system of QFG1VGA. I remember my characters from the EGA version always brought over the proper amount of gold but my VGA version saves were often WAY off bat. I remember one time with 110 gold and 300 silver (plus the final 110 gold), I wound up with 120 gold in QFG2. The AGDs may want to look into checking both QFG1EGA and QFG1VGA saved character imports in the beta-testing period.