Upcoming Calendar is needed here!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

Upcoming Calendar is needed here!

#1 Post by Fribbi » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:00 pm

Once again I saw something in that AGSForum that could be really useful here too. I saw a forum there called upcoming calendar. It holds a name of the persons who has a birthday. Is there any possible that you could create someting like this here too? :D

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/

Relight
Archival Expert

#2 Post by Relight » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:34 pm

Alright Fribbi, I asked NavyNuke and he added it just for you. It's at the top menu bar on the right hand side and it's called "AGDI Calendar," it's right beside the world map.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:45 am

Wasn't it already the....er....I mean....hey cool! :p

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:06 am

Fribbi wrote:Yes! Bravo! We have finally a birthday Calendar to remind us on our birthday. But will that stop those birthday flood threads, hmmm?
http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtop ... c&start=25

*Navynuke is confused*

Relight
Archival Expert

#5 Post by Relight » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:50 pm

LMAO... <sigh>

Hey, I was confused too, but couldn't pass up on the fun.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

I'm so misunderstandable man!

#6 Post by Fribbi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:19 pm

I think you didn't understand me quite well in this time. My friends just take a look on the on this link I gave you again and you will understand me better then. I already know about that AGDI Calender you putted here but that thing I have mention to you will remind us about the upcoming birthdays in much better way. But this is ok. I am propably asking you too much now. |I

At least this will hopefully end this birthdays threads floods on the off-topic forum. Because if you hadn't add this AGDI calendar you will have over 100 threads of birthdays threads now, and I think you know what I mean.

But it would be so cool if you have forum called "Birthday's forum" or "Celebration's forum" because that is the right place to add those birthday's threads and some other personal upcoming celebrations. But that is only my own opinion about this situation.

BTW I have this same Calendar in my own homepage.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:02 pm

I think you didn't understand me quite well in this time. My friends just take a look on the on this link I gave you again and you will understand me better then. I already know about that AGDI Calender you putted here but that thing I have mention to you will remind us about the upcoming birthdays in much better way. But this is ok. I am propably asking you too much now.
Ah, you mean the notification? I'm not certain that's possible, since the calender isn't really integrated into the board. It's on a separate page.
At least this will hopefully end this birthdays threads floods on the off-topic forum. Because if you hadn't add this AGDI calendar you will have over 100 threads of birthdays threads now, and I think you know what I mean.
I doubt it. Those threads were created to congratulate a person with his/her bday...not just to tell everyone that person's bday is today. And I think over 100 threads is a tiny bit exaggerated. There aren't that many active regulars here. The addition of the calender will most likely increase the amount of congratulation-threads, since people won't forget/won't be oblivious to other people's bdays.
But it would be so cool if you have forum called "Birthday's forum" or "Celebration's forum" because that is the right place to add those birthday's threads and some other personal upcoming celebrations. But that is only my own opinion about this situation.
There would probably be about 40 threads a year maximum. That's really not enough to justify an additional forum.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#8 Post by Fribbi » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:48 pm

Ok Enough about this birthday threads talk.

It is trully fine like it is now and I'm trully sorry about my behavior and all that.

How many % is left now of this Quest for glory 2 vga game? Just let me know when the beta test is started because I am ready for it as always. :D