About those old threads

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

About those old threads

#1 Post by Fribbi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:27 pm

It seems to me you all hate those old threads coming up here again on the first page. So why don't you just lock all of those threads who is now 5-10 months old to prevent they will never come up on the first page again? :\

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:54 pm

If the topic becomes relevant again and someone has something really new to add, I have no objection to a thread being revived. (but mostly, a thread is revived by someone who's either clueless or simply didn't watch the date of the last post)

Bumping old threads is against general internet etiquette though, so something like this really shouldn't be necessary. I'd rather not take such a radical approach if it's not needed. I personally think a forum filled with locked topics looks ugly and besides, continuously locking topics gets tedious.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:03 pm

Besides it would be better to auto-prune old threads and get them moved to a private forum or something.

Actually on second thought there's not much point in that :lol

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#4 Post by Fribbi » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:07 pm

Ok whatever! :\

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#5 Post by Klytos » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:01 am

Sometimes nothing interesting has been said in a few months, then you have to go back 5 or 10 pages to get an interesting conversation going.

Of course, thats on other forums. There's no problems like that here.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:33 am

Sometimes nothing interesting has been said in a few months, then you have to go back 5 or 10 pages to get an interesting conversation going.
The remedy to that is quite simple. If a forum is "dead" for a little while, don't go flooding it with senseless oneliners, but simply leave it inactive for a while. The former act just kills a forum quicker.