Issur's stuff...

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

Issur's stuff...

#1 Post by Crowley9 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:01 am

Will there be any chance of getting that lovely chain mail Issur is showing at his smithy? Maybe for characters that weren't imported with chain mail from QfG1? How about the possibility of thieves or magic users getting a sword? That's probably asking too much, but please keep this: in the EGA version of QfG2 a fighter could drop the shield and use magic in battle with sword.

Jafar
Super Star

#2 Post by Jafar » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:04 am

How about the possibility of thieves or magic users getting a sword?
That doesn't seem right.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:56 am

Naw...fighters always start with chainmail, whether you import or not. And there's no mandatory battle for thieves and mages in the entire game, so there's not that much need for chainmail. Ditto for the sword.

The shield-drop may be an option. It would require a crapload of extra battle sprites though.

Jafar
Super Star

#4 Post by Jafar » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:24 pm

I never knew you could do that!
By the way, how will you cast spells in combat? Will you be able to cast calm? *snicker*

Alliance
Knight Status

#5 Post by Alliance » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:07 pm

Jafar wrote:I never knew you could do that!
By the way, how will you cast spells in combat? Will you be able to cast calm? *snicker*
Jafar, did you ever red the manuals to QFG games? It says that you can cast calm outside of battle, but if you are in battle while you cast it, the monster will just calmly eat you.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:31 pm

Hence his snicker after the statement.

Jafar knows all, dude. He's wise for a jiggly-poof. Just kidding, Jafar. You're not wise. ;)

Bt

Disclaimer: all said information in the post in no way is any kind of acurate reflection on the character of the AGDI board poster, Jafar. Jafar is actually a nice, well mannered and educated young man. All insults are for entertainment purposes only. All rights reseverved.

Radiant
Knight Status

no,

#7 Post by Radiant » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:05 pm

That's a kirby, not a pokkemon.
:)

Jafar
Super Star

#8 Post by Jafar » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:26 pm

I was about to do something, but then I read the fine print.

Cumboy
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Cumboy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:53 am

Maybe you guys could fix a few mistakes in the original.

Every time you try to buy a mace, Issur informs you that 'It's sold to one of the palace guards. He picks it up today' or something of that manner. Seeing that he repeats this every single day you try to buy it the excuse kind of loses its credability. The programmers should have thought up something better like 'Look it's just there for decoration, to make the shop look authentic. You can't use a mace in this game, just the sword or daggers I'm afraid'. Typical stuff you often find in Sierra games.

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

Issur's stuff and combat

#10 Post by Draco62 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:08 pm

I never new about asking of the other things in the weapons shop. I'll go and check that out. A sujestion about the sheild droping mabe just have the ability to cast spells no matter the weapons like in QFG4 (could save on sprites mabe?). Since there won't be mouse control like the other games how will spell casting work in combat? Will it be hot-keys or typing like in the EGA version? Saw the answer in the combat thread thanks anyways. Will the wizard and thief be able to buy the fine dagger that they start out with in QFG3? It would be a nice touch to see that it came from Issur and that may be a trade of for those who wanted to see the wizard and theif be able to buy the sword and those who did not.