QFG2 Newspaper Article (fictional)

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Mordavia
Royal Servant Status

QFG2 Newspaper Article (fictional)

#1 Post by Mordavia » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:03 pm

hi........

i just wanted to share with you all a fictional newspaper article i had to write in highschool english class, way back when the original QFG2 came out. and since AGDI is in the process of remaking this most excellent game I thought it would be apropreate to type it here. I sincerly apologize if i placed this in the wrong forum..... so without further adeu my newspaper article.

The Shapeir Spectator

Prophets Forsee Disaster For City........

Today the prophets of our fabulous city of Shapeir predict a most disasterous prediction. They say that within a week, creatures of the most powerful magic will destroy our peaceful city. The prophets also state that a great hero will fall from the sky and save the city from these creatures.
The sorceress Aziza claims that the beasts are magical elementals, which are elements of the universe that form living beings.
When asked more about the supposed hero that appears, Aziza states that "he shall come from the North on a magic carpet, with the missing Kattas and the famous merchant Abdulla Doo." Unfortunately Aziza cannot predict when this hero is supposed to arrive.
When asked about the disasterous elementals, Aziza says " The First will be fire which will burn the very stone. The Second will be air which will blow the merchants away. The Third will be earth that will shake the ground. And the last will be water that will parch the city dry. " These predictions will be the death of us all if the prophet hero will not come, I for one dear readers, hope he does.

Prophet Hero Destroys Fire & Air Elemental

Three days after the prophet hero arrives, he was summoned to the call of duty. Just yesterday the First of the many magical elementals appeared. The dredded fire burned it's way to the front plaza and in the process burned down Alicia's stand. The brave hero approached the hot headed creature and used the incense to lure the beast away from the front plaza to the alleyways where he used the flask of water and put out the fire elemental.
But just as the city was about to celebrate the victory another creature came and started it's havok on the streets. The Air elemental blew the streets like a hurricane, but the brave hero forced his way into it's funnel and used the bellows to get rid of the creature. The city was saved and the celebrations began.

Prophet Hero Is Adopted By Sultan As Son.......

After the distruction of all the elementals and the death of the evil wizard Ad Avis, the Sultan summons the hero to his palace. The whole city was there and rejoiced as the Sultan rewards the great hero for all he has done for this city and the land.
As night fell, the city was in peace. The Sultan stated in the end that the prophet hero will be his adopted son. The city cheered in excitement as the hero stood up and bowed to the Sultan. (END)

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Alias » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:53 pm

Ace. :smokin

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#3 Post by Klytos » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:46 pm

Cool.

Jafar
Super Star

#4 Post by Jafar » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:33 am

BO-RING! How come this paper doesn't have the comics? :p

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#5 Post by Spikey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:43 am

And horoscopes predicting which Elementals you run into.

Mordavia
Royal Servant Status

newspaper Article

#6 Post by Mordavia » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:26 pm

well im sorry that i dont have any pretty pictures in it.(maybe if it had some tits in it, it would've been more interesting) but please note it was a newspaper ARTICLE. Not an entire newspaper itself.

Broomie
The Enigma

#7 Post by Broomie » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:54 pm

Just ignore Jafar, he always make dumb comments like that. ;)

Very good, I won't be surprised if you got good marks for it.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#8 Post by Fribbi » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:42 pm

:rollin

Jafar
Super Star

#9 Post by Jafar » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:10 am

Broomie wrote:Just ignore Jafar, he always make dumb comments like that. ;)
I've got a new idea for a headline. "Bozo Broomie Mocks Boy Genius!"
(I think I'm reading too much Calvin and Hobbes)

Broomie
The Enigma

#10 Post by Broomie » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:34 pm

Yes, you most probably are my Texan friend.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#11 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:15 pm

Oooh Jafar best not mess wit da Spidaman!!! Or he will kick yo ass at Smackdown online!! (if he has any breath left after the thrashing I give him ;))

Broomie
The Enigma

#12 Post by Broomie » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:18 pm

Now that's what you think.... sucka!

Jafar
Super Star

#13 Post by Jafar » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:10 am

Angelus3K wrote:Oooh Jafar best not mess wit da Spidaman!!! Or he will kick yo ass at Smackdown online!! (if he has any breath left after the thrashing I give him ;))
When are you two going to stop taunting and start fighting? :p

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#14 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:59 pm

Jafar wrote:
Angelus3K wrote:Oooh Jafar best not mess wit da Spidaman!!! Or he will kick yo ass at Smackdown online!! (if he has any breath left after the thrashing I give him ;))
When are you two going to stop taunting and start fighting? :p
Never, because nobody likes spam in the general forum. :eek

That was a pretty cool article, BTW; when I was in Junior High School, back the 18th century as Rambaldi says, I wrote a paper about Hero's Quest, which was my favorite game at the time. I wish I still had that laying around......

Bt

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Good Stuff!

#15 Post by Jontas » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:41 pm

Dude that makes me feel very old :) . Good nostelgia though. Do any of you guys remember the exitement and anticipation when those new games came out, especially if you were fortunate enough to play them on a EGA or VGA monitor. Again it's all very nostelgic.
When I first played the VGA version of QFG1 on a VGA monitor, I thought I was in heaven. :lol - Good times.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#16 Post by Spikey » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:27 pm

maybe if it had some tits in it, it would've been more interesting

Image not really.

Just ignore Jafar, he always make dumb comments like that
Yeah, ignoring Jafar is great fun. You should try it sometimes.